• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2011-12

jw5

Loyal
while they are raiding Dortmund, why don't grab Gotze as well? And looking at their squad - subotic...good o steady defender...grab him as well...in one swoop transplant the core of Dortmund to Man U.

ok, ok, Carrick and Evans exchange for Gotze and Subotic, hahaha............................

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Owen announces he's leaving Man Utd
Submitted by tribalfootball.com on Thu, 05/17/2012 - 10:22
Michael Owen has announced he is leaving Manchester United.

The 32-year-old striker, whose deal expires this summer, has announced via Twitter that the club will not be renewing his terms.

Owen wrote: "The Manager informed me after our testimonial match on Tuesday that the club would not be offering me a new contract."

It will bring an end to a three-year spell at Old Trafford marred by injuries. The former Liverpool, Real Madrid and Newcastle forward joined United on a free transfer in summer 2009 but was unable to reignite his once glittering career.

He made just four appearances in the season just ended and has not played competitively since November due to a thigh injury.

Owen wrote: "I have loved every minute of the 3 years I have spent at such a fantastic club.

"I would like to thank the players, staff and fans for their support and wish them well for the future.

"I now plan to have a short holiday during which I will contemplate my next move."

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
think owen is good enough for newly promoted clubs. and i am sure he is keen to prove Fergie wrong as well.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ha, so with Berbatcock saying he wanna out, and Owen out. Man U needs to shop for a striker.

Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck, one more??? Fergie usually play with 4. Macheda to be promoted?

Van Pussy will be a good catch LOL.

jw5

Loyal
ha, so with Berbatcock saying he wanna out, and Owen out. Man U needs to shop for a striker.

Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck, one more??? Fergie usually play with 4. Macheda to be promoted?

Van Pussy will be a good catch LOL.

I hope Macheda is given another chance and an extended run. Could be number 4.
If new signing, could be Lewandoski, or Kagawa might play as a striker.
Young could also be used as the 4th striker.
He may also promote Will Keane from the reserves.
My personal preference is that they buy Iker Munain from Athletic Bilbao.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hazard-ous 3-some?

WTF, ploy to drum up higher fees or what. Man U seem to be the last in the queue in terms of financial clout.

Hazard 'terms agreed' with trio

Wednesday 23rd May 2012 8:45

• [*=center]
    [*=center]
    icon-mail.gif

Hazard: Hot prop

Eden Hazard's agent claims terms have been agreed with Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United for the Lille playmaker.
The Belgian star signed off his Lille career in style with a stunning hat-trick as his side rounded off their Ligue 1 campaign with a 4-1 victory over Nancy on Sunday - and it was thought he would then reveal his likely destination.
The two Manchester clubs looked to be in a head-to-head battle for Hazard's signature but the 21-year-old admitted Chelsea's Champions League win in Munich on Saturday night "makes you hesitate".
The Blues were said to be in pole position with City and United said to be unwilling to match Hazard's reported £200,000-a-week wage demands but his representative John Bico claims terms are agreed with all three clubs.
Quoted in the Daily Telegraph, he said: "We are no longer in the negotiations stage. We have reached agreement with all parties.
"Eden has already said he wants it to be fixed before June 2. He will decide after the (Belgium) games against Montenegro and England, then go on holiday with peace of mind."

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
interesting, I like Baines - he has a powerful free kick - something we missing from our arsenal since Beckham & CR7.

and I'll be the first to show Anderson the exit door.

UNITED AFTER BAINES
This is one that has been bubbling away - like a pan of lovely homemade chicken soup - for a while now.

The Daily Mirror reports that Manchester United have 'opened talks' with Everton over Leighton Baines, with them 'prepared to pay £12million' for the left-back.

Of course, the definition of 'opened talks' can be a little loose, but the Mirror reports that David Gill and Bill Kenwright have been chatting about Baines, but the Everton grand fromage will be asking for at least £15million.

As you might expect from a chap who seems so pleasant, Baines will apparently not 'rock the boat' and will simply wait until a fee is agreed.

If he does sign, it'll be interesting to see how he's used - as a replacement for Patrice Evra, as competition, or as a little of both, eventually phasing out the Frenchman.

Meanwhile, The Times reports that United are 'open to offers' for Anderson. Not many tears shed over that one, we'd wager.

jw5

Loyal
interesting, I like Baines - he has a powerful free kick - something we missing from our arsenal since Beckham & CR7.

and I'll be the first to show Anderson the exit door.

Rumour is that Everton are interested in Kieron Richardson of Sunderland, former Man Utd player. Perhaps replacement for Baines.
I'll keep Nani over Anderson any day. Don't know what this fellow is good for, doesn't pass, doesn't tackle, doesn't score, doesn't run.................

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rumour is that Everton are interested in Kieron Richardson of Sunderland, former Man Utd player. Perhaps replacement for Baines.
I'll keep Nani over Anderson any day. Don't know what this fellow is good for, doesn't pass, doesn't tackle, doesn't score, doesn't run.................

to imagine Fergie bought him as replacement for Scholes? Good gosh,.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anderson is damaged goods. I dun think anyone in the right mind would bid for this fella. He's career in short is over. Gaitan is almost a done deal and Pogba is on his way to Turin. Nani has been given a new improved contract,bumping his weekly wage to 130 000 pounds. He and his pesky agent have been told he can take it or leave. United is asking for 30 million pounds for him.

They're finally getting tough on under performers and are willing to let them go, something they should have done many seasons ago. Otherwise we'd be carrying too many deadwood in the squad. The interesting news is Fletcher is making a comeback next season. For the love of this club, I'd say please euthanize this player for good.

jw5

Loyal
Anderson is damaged goods. I dun think anyone in the right mind would bid for this fella. He's career in short is over.
The interesting news is Fletcher is making a comeback next season. For the love of this club, I'd say please euthanize this player for good.

Anderson committed a drink driving offence while he was supposed to be rehabilitating in Brazil. His attitude is as bad as his play.

Disagree about Fletcher. Before his illness, he was a very good player, whole hearted, combative, pesky chaser of the ball in midfield. Played in all the big games, broke down opponents' attacks, did not allow opponents to dominate the play, one of the most important players in the team, loss almost as big as Vidic last season.
His attitude and commitment is second to none in the squad, more than u can say for half the squad. Homegrown player which helps too under the rules. Keep him if he can make a comeback.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anderson committed a drink driving offence while he was supposed to be rehabilitating in Brazil. His attitude is as bad as his play.

Disagree about Fletcher. Before his illness, he was a very good player, whole hearted, combative, pesky chaser of the ball in midfield. Played in all the big games, broke down opponents' attacks, did not allow opponents to dominate the play, one of the most important players in the team, loss almost as big as Vidic last season.
His attitude and commitment is second to none in the squad, more than u can say for half the squad. Homegrown player which helps too under the rules. Keep him if he can make a comeback.

He will succumb to another viral attack come winter and the club will have to do without him all over again. It is bad enough we have players like Carrick who claims that he will only come good at the second half of the season and needless to mention Nani who will go MIA in the final third of the season. If you do the permutations we may just end up not having enough alternatives in midfield and may very well end up relying for the old men in the team to deliver the goods. That to me is the recipe for another barren season.

It's best that they breakaway from the past and rely on players who have the hunger to win.No sense repeating the same mistake over and over again.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'll have to disagree with you on Fletcher. Yes, without a doubt before his wrecking injury / illness, he was a tiger, full of tenacity. In fact, when he first rose through the ranks of Man U, I did not like him and thought he will go the way of Luke Chadwick. However, he proved to be good and who can forgot he single handedly drag United back in the game against Man C with 2 headers?

Sadly, after severe bout of illness, he is a shadow of his old self. Very unfortunate, think Heagraves. I don't know (in fact I hope to be proven wrong) that he can return to his former level of playing. Wes Brown as well, I recalled, could not recover his old form after long layoff & finally shipped out.

jw5

Loyal
He will succumb to another viral attack come winter and the club will have to do without him all over again. It is bad enough we have players like Carrick who claims that he will only come good at the second half of the season and needless to mention Nani who will go MIA in the final third of the season. If you do the permutations we may just end up not having enough alternatives in midfield and may very well end up relying for the old men in the team to deliver the goods. That to me is the recipe for another barren season.

Aiyah, give him a chance to prove himself lah. He only missed one season.
Lewis Moody, former England rugby union captain who just retired, played for many years with the same illness.
If Fletcher can get the illness under control, he will be a great asset to the team.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anderson is damaged goods. I dun think anyone in the right mind would bid for this fella. He's career in short is over. Gaitan is almost a done deal and Pogba is on his way to Turin. Nani has been given a new improved contract,bumping his weekly wage to 130 000 pounds. He and his pesky agent have been told he can take it or leave. United is asking for 30 million pounds for him.

They're finally getting tough on under performers and are willing to let them go, something they should have done many seasons ago. Otherwise we'd be carrying too many deadwood in the squad. The interesting news is Fletcher is making a comeback next season. For the love of this club, I'd say please euthanize this player for good.

Don't make me pre-ejaculate with the news of Gaitan ...LOL I have him in FM 2012 and boy he is god. If he really sign, I will be happy. Not that we can overhaul Man C, but at least our odds are shorter. No, we need more than Gaitan to overhaul Man C. A thorough blood letting.

jw5

Loyal
Sadly, after severe bout of illness, he is a shadow of his old self. Very unfortunate, think Heagraves. I don't know (in fact I hope to be proven wrong) that he can return to his former level of playing. Wes Brown as well, I recalled, could not recover his old form after long layoff & finally shipped out.

Give him a chance lah.
When he stopped playing, he just discovered that he had the illness.
So he hasn't really showed whether he can make a comeback or not.
Let him have more time in view that he is homegrown and such a committed player.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Give him a chance lah.
When he stopped playing, he just discovered that he had the illness.
So he hasn't really showed whether he can make a comeback or not.
Let him have more time in view that he is homegrown and such a committed player.

compassionately, i pity him. But on the other side, how can Man U have unfit player as one of their 25? Unfair right?

i know footballers' career is short but i think medical insurance would cover some costs?

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't make me pre-ejaculate with the news of Gaitan ...LOL I have him in FM 2012 and boy he is god. If he really sign, I will be happy. Not that we can overhaul Man C, but at least our odds are shorter. No, we need more than Gaitan to overhaul Man C. A thorough blood letting.

Gaitan is the only one who is genuinely keen to put on a Man U jersey. That is a big plus. The only problem is the portuguese club is willing to take Fabio plus cash and I dun think they want Anderson at all. Now Gill has to find a bidder for Anderson. Man U needs cash to replenish the squad and at the rate we're going it is going to be a slow and painful one.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gaitan is the only one who is genuinely keen to put on a Man U jersey. That is a big plus. The only problem is the portuguese club is willing to take Fabio plus cash and I dun think they want Anderson at all. Now Gill has to find a bidder for Anderson. Man U needs cash to replenish the squad and at the rate we're going it is going to be a slow and painful one.

fuck man. Hopefully, F1 gets IPOed, and before the cards come crashing down, they push through theirs and in return get some pennies.

and no, I ain't buying their shares LOL