• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2011-12

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suarez by refusing to shake Evra's hand, reflects a total lack of sportsmanship....................Fergie is evil in saying that Liverpool should ship out Suarez LOL, that he can create and score Liverpool's goal speaks as such.

There are alot of "naughty" boys in football, and racism is prevalent. John Terry is another one but he is still playing isn't he? Cantona is a bad boy too, his kungfu kick reminded us of his talent but he went on to become a legend.

Lets not be hypocrite regarding racism. It is just wallpapering the underlying sentiments of the anglo-saxons. Otherwise, who started the slave-trading business in the first place?

Fergie wasn't trying to be smart or evil when he made those forceful criticism of Suarez. In fact he was trying to draw the attention of the board of directors or the owners of Liverpool FC to make a statement and clarify its position on racism as poor Kenny was making all the wrong comments that could have so easily ignited another Hillsborough. KD's comments not only confused the supporters but the players as well.

It's not about hypocrisy or that racism does not exist. What the UK is trying to do is to leverage on the global appeal of English Foottball and drive the message that racism has no place in sports and society.
The old fart got it right when he said that it was never about Man Utd or Liverpool FC, it was about racism that was at the heart of the Suarez-Evra row.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suarez and Kenny apologised arready.

Yup, the matter was resolved. The response from Man Utd was immediate. Good for the clubs!

Reply from Man U website:

12/02/2012 16:00, Report by Press Department
Reds accept apology

Manchester United thanks Liverpool for the apologies issued following Saturday's game.

Everyone at Old Trafford wants to move on from this. The history of our two great clubs is one of success and rivalry unparalleled in British football.

That should be the focus in the future of all those who love the clubs.

chowka

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/80Oed8OT4vw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
...........................................................Second goal, Jay Spearing gave the ball away...wait, Jay Spearing, isn't he a rising talent? WTF is he pandering with the ball at the back - isn't he a defensive midfielder? And kudos to Welbeck for barging past him, I like this lad more and more, tall and lanky, he has good phyiscal pressence - no wonder Berbatov is squeezing his balls on the bench. But Welbeck must bulk up more, like that no one can stop him LOL...

He's a physically strong player and I think that is probably the only reason why he was preferred ahead of Hernandez and Berba. His positioning is a bit suspect and he doesn't have the instincts of Hernandez nor the technique of Berba. Old fart is definitely giving him ample opportunity to stake his claim as a starter.
If I were Welbeck, I'd be very careful about wage demands. The last I heard, he demanded 60,000 pounds per week on his new contract. Ravel Morrison was better-30 000 pounds per week and not a penny less.Old fart did not hesitate to ship him out immediately.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man City rebel Tevez: Man Utd stars, Ferguson are the BEST!

Manchester City rebel Carlos Tevez has spoken positively of his friends at Manchester United - and manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

Tevez, in words which will not thaw his relations with City fans, named Ferguson as one of the two best managers he has worked for and singled out United stars Paul Scholes, Wayne Rooney and Ryan Giggs for praise.

“I know Ferguson didn't have the best relationship with me but together with (former Argentina coach Marcelo) Bielsa, those two are the best managers I had.

“Paul Scholes is the best professional, him Rooney and Giggs ... I have no words, they were excellent to me,” he said

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/man-city-rebel-tevez-man-utd-stars-ferguson-are-best-2699621

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man City rebel Tevez: Man Utd stars, Ferguson are the BEST!

Manchester City rebel Carlos Tevez has spoken positively of his friends at Manchester United - and manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

Tevez, in words which will not thaw his relations with City fans, named Ferguson as one of the two best managers he has worked for and singled out United stars Paul Scholes, Wayne Rooney and Ryan Giggs for praise.

“I know Ferguson didn't have the best relationship with me but together with (former Argentina coach Marcelo) Bielsa, those two are the best managers I had.

“Paul Scholes is the best professional, him Rooney and Giggs ... I have no words, they were excellent to me,” he said

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/man-city-rebel-tevez-man-utd-stars-ferguson-are-best-2699621

tevez, the best paid lobo in the world.

with his contract status so complicated (agent / owned by company / etc) - I wonder who is next in line to land this hot potato.

did that fatass blatter say anything to his defense? I vaguely recalled he did.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fergie wasn't trying to be smart or evil when he made those forceful criticism of Suarez. In fact he was trying to draw the attention of the board of directors or the owners of Liverpool FC to make a statement and clarify its position on racism as poor Kenny was making all the wrong comments that could have so easily ignited another Hillsborough. KD's comments not only confused the supporters but the players as well.

It's not about hypocrisy or that racism does not exist. What the UK is trying to do is to leverage on the global appeal of English Foottball and drive the message that racism has no place in sports and society.
The old fart got it right when he said that it was never about Man Utd or Liverpool FC, it was about racism that was at the heart of the Suarez-Evra row.

racism is prevalent in soccer - if that fatass Blatter could treat it so lightly, enough said about the determination to rid the sport of it. So what if FA is doing or trying to do something? To rid racism, more needs to be done not only on soccer pitches.

the london riots in 2011 has its roots on racism. and the aftermath of the london metro attack, how certain races are targeted for police actions speaks as such. If you wanna rid racism, not only the FA but the entire government needs to move.

Beyond UK, mimicking the chimp is prevalent as well in Italy (Balotelli genna before in Italy) and Spain too.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The game at OT was the perfect stage to start and with the massive publicity surrounding the two parties, one would have thought that good sense would prevail but it was not to be.
Had Suarez done the right thing, Liverpool could have so easily claimed the moral high ground. They would have won over many fence sitters and viewers. Sadly that opportunity was lost and the rest as they say is HISTORY.....

Spain and Italy did not handle the racism taunting well. The UK government knows all too well that if they let it fester and do nothing about it,English Football could easily lose its appeal over time and that would be disastrous.

Fatass Blatter will be ousted come next FIFA election.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
tevez, the best paid lobo in the world.

with his contract status so complicated (agent / owned by company / etc) - I wonder who is next in line to land this hot potato.

did that fatass blatter say anything to his defense? I vaguely recalled he did.

Its a feeble attempt to rile his current employer.

jw5

Loyal
If I were Welbeck, I'd be very careful about wage demands. The last I heard, he demanded 60,000 pounds per week on his new contract. Ravel Morrison was better-30 000 pounds per week and not a penny less.Old fart did not hesitate to ship him out immediately.

It was reported that Smalling and Phil Jones are on 50,000 pounds per week.
If that is true, Welbeck's demands would not be unreasonable comparatively. He's going to be a regular in the England team soon.
Player of the season imho is Antonio Valencia. His left foot is for standing only, but he has been a combination of pace and power this season.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fergie: United "not far away" from Barca
February 14, 2012

<a href="http://http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1021748/fergie:-man-united-" not-far-away"-from-barca-and-real?cc="4716&quot;" target="_blank">http://http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1021748/fergie:-man-united-"not-far-away"-from-barca-and-real?cc=4716

I dun know what the old fart has been smoking. Knn, we are nowhere near Barca or REAL!!

Fergie shld look at the mirror and ask himself, the cost of not signing Sneijder, is it worth it or not.

A season without silverware - is it worth it? Cos this is potentially where it is heading to now.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was reported that Smalling and Phil Jones are on 50,000 pounds per week.
If that is true, Welbeck's demands would not be unreasonable comparatively. He's going to be a regular in the England team soon.
Player of the season imho is Antonio Valencia. His left foot is for standing only, but he has been a combination of pace and power this season.

That is 10 000 more per week or 40 0000 per month which translates to nearly half a million per year. I dun know how he arrived at the figure but Fergie has given him the chance to prove himself. I thought he had a poor debut for United two seasons ago. His loan move to Sunderland did a lot of good and I suspect Fergie thought he has come right. His initial performance was impressive but it has since tapered off.
Yup bro, Valencia is the form player and I hope he maintains his form for the remaining games. This one trick pony is a super one.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fergie shld look at the mirror and ask himself, the cost of not signing Sneijder, is it worth it or not.

A season without silverware - is it worth it? Cos this is potentially where it is heading to now.

Alamak bro, you're still fantasizing on Sneijder in a United outfit. With Scholes back, I dun think the Dutchman is in his plans. My best bet for this summer is Fergie will acquire second tier players.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tomorrow morning how?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16959062

EUROPA LEAGUE
Venue: Amsterdam ArenaDate: Thursday 16 FebruaryKick-off: 1800 GMT

Manchester United will rest Patrice Evra, Ryan Giggs and Dimitar Berbatov for their Europa League last-32 first-leg tie at Ajax.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson said Evra would be rested in able to recover from events during United's victory over Liverpool at the weekend.

Winger Nani and defender Phil Jones have been named in the 20-man squad having recovered from injury.

Midfielders Ashley Young and Tom Cleverley have also travelled.

Youngsters Paul Pogba and Zeki Fryers are also in the squad for the match in Amsterdam.

Despite the pedigree of the opposition, Thursday's game is the first time United have competed in Europe outside the Champions League since 1995.

On that occasion they were beaten on away goals by Russian side Rotor Volgograd in a Uefa Cup first round tie.

United are joined in this season's Europa League by rivals Manchester City, whom they could face in the quarter-finals if they beat Ajax and City get past holders Porto.

United striker Javier Hernandez admits the Red Devils would have preferred to be participating in the Champions League this week, but says the stature of their opponents means the game retains some prestige.

Continue reading the main story
“Both teams have come out of the Champions League and they both have a great history. We have won a lot of European Cups between us, so it will be a very interesting game.
” Javier Hernandez "We need to get used to the fact we are not in the Champions League this season."

Despite not being in the elite competition of European football for the remainder of the season, manager Sir Alex Ferguson is hoping his side progress in the Europa League in order to have a chance of winning it.

"Winning any European trophy is significant. Irrespective of those who have won the three trophies before it is important for us, with our own history, to win tournaments all the time," he said.

"We threw it away in our home game against Basel and were unlucky against Benfica. That caught us short and we suffered for it.

"Now players are coming back I am sure we can combine the Premier League and Europa League so I would certainly try to play my strongest team in each round now."

Manchester United squad: De Gea, Amos; Fabio, Rafael, Evans, Jones, Smalling, Fryers, Ferdinand; Valencia, Nani, Carrick, Young, Park, Scholes, Cleverley, Pogba; Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck.

jw5

Loyal
Oh no!
Antonio Valencia is out for at least a month with a hamstring injury.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope the rumor regarding Frank Lampard moving to OT in the summer isn't true. I find this chap's attitude reprehensible. He didn't even want to listen to instructions from AVB and walk away. Tsk,tsk.......disgraceful!

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sir Alex Ferguson targets 'two or three more years' at Manchester United

The legendary Old Trafford boss also reveals that he turned down the opportunity to sign a 17-year-old Joe Hart from Shrewsbury Town in 2005

Feb 20, 2012 3:59:00 PM

By Alex Richards

168046hp2.jpg

Sir Alex Ferguson has today revealed that he hopes to continue as manager of Manchester United for another "two or three years".

The 70-year-old, who has been in charge at Old Trafford since November 1986, has won 12 league titles, two European Cups and five FA Cups during his time at the club.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live, Sir Alex spoke of potentially staying in the club’s hot seat for a few more years, and hopefully ending on a high.

"I think you always want to go out on a winning note," said the Scot.

"Hopefully we can do that. I don't know how long I can last now, but if my health stays up, I don't think another two or three years would harm me."

In addition, Sir Alex also revealed that he regrets not taking the opportunity to sign England goalkeeper Joe Hart for a mere £100k before his switch to Manchester City.

Hart, then 18, joined the Citizens in 2006 from League Two outfit Shrewsbury Town for an initial fee of £600k, having already made first-team 54 appearances and being named in the 2005/06 'PFA League Two Team of the Year'.

"I could have bought Joe Hart for £100k, so we all make mistakes," Sir Alex added.

"If you look at the England goalkeeper situation for the last 20 years, I would think he's easily the best.”

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
21 February 2012 Last updated at 13:55 GMT

Manchester United boosts revenues and cuts its debt

The club has seen an increase in match day revenues. Manchester United says its revenues for the last six months of 2011 increased to £175m, as it released its latest financial figures.

It is an increase of £18.5m on the Old Trafford club's revenues for the same period last year.

The Premier League club said debt was £439m at the end of 2011, less than the £508m reported 12 months previously.

Last year, United said it would partially float on the Singapore Stock Exchange, but that has yet to happen.

The team, currently second to rivals Manchester City in the Premier League, are also competing in the Europa League.

Match day revenues (up from £52.4m to £54.5m), media revenue (up from £53.7m to £60.9m) and commercial revenue (up from £50.4m to £58.6m) were all ahead.

United were taken over by the Glazer family in 2005 and have had a rocky relationship with many of the fans since then over the level of debt at the club.

A buyback of bonds, sold as part of a £500m refinancing operation two years ago, helped bring down the latest debt figures.

However, total operating costs - up from £96.9m to £110.8m - and net player capital expenditure - up from £11.7m to £47.9m - both rose.

The latter's rise was due to a summer outlay on players David de Gea, Ashley Young and Phil Jones, as manager Sir Alex Ferguson set about freshening up his team.

Other figures show a bank balance of £50.9m and a £10.4m rise in general capital expenditure, mainly due to upgrading hospitality areas.

Without the lucrative revenue streams garnered from competing in the Champions League, the club is expected to see a decline in income over the next half-year.