• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2011-12

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can trust old fart to get back at Sneijder.:biggrin:

**************************************************************************************************************

Sneijder 'not ideal' Scholes successor
September 7, 2011

Sir Alex Ferguson claims Wesley Sneijder would not be the right man to replace Paul Scholes at Manchester United, insisting that only Barcelona stars Xavi and Andres Iniesta would be up to the job.

Sir Alex thinks that Xavi and Andres Iniesta are th eonly players who could replace Paul Scholes.
Sneijder, 27, was repeatedly linked to a move from Inter Milan to Old Trafford over the summer but the proposed transfer never materialised.

And now Ferguson has claimed the Netherlands international was not the right type of player to fill the void left by veteran Scholes, who retired at the end of last season.

"Sneijder is not the ideal replacement for Scholes," Ferguson said. "He's a fantastic player but he was not who we were looking for to replace Scholes. Only Xavi and Iniesta are comparable to Scholes.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/953745/sir-alex:-wesley-sneijder-'not-ideal'-paul-scholes-successor?cc=4716

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can trust old fart to get back at Sneijder.:biggrin:

**************************************************************************************************************

Sneijder 'not ideal' Scholes successor
September 7, 2011

Sir Alex Ferguson claims Wesley Sneijder would not be the right man to replace Paul Scholes at Manchester United, insisting that only Barcelona stars Xavi and Andres Iniesta would be up to the job.

Sir Alex thinks that Xavi and Andres Iniesta are th eonly players who could replace Paul Scholes.
Sneijder, 27, was repeatedly linked to a move from Inter Milan to Old Trafford over the summer but the proposed transfer never materialised.

And now Ferguson has claimed the Netherlands international was not the right type of player to fill the void left by veteran Scholes, who retired at the end of last season.

"Sneijder is not the ideal replacement for Scholes," Ferguson said. "He's a fantastic player but he was not who we were looking for to replace Scholes. Only Xavi and Iniesta are comparable to Scholes.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...er-'not-ideal'-paul-scholes-successor?cc=4716

yah ...i also know.

while he is at it...he might as well buy Messi becos he can replace giggs..LOL

the 2 that he named...are absolutely not for sale..even he throw in rooney oso maybe not possible.

sneijder is the 2nd best...if according to him, not 100% replacement.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
mind games starting...

Chelsea to axe Torres for Bayer Leverkusen AND Man Utd

<abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Chelsea</abbr><abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">http://www.tribalfootball.com/english-premiership/chelsea-0</abbr> striker<abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Fernando Torres</abbr> faces a Champions League axe for their trip to Bayer Leverkusen.
The Sun says Andre Villas-Boas has hinted the £50million flop could be axed for tomorrow's Champions League clash with Bayer Leverkusen AND Sunday's trip to <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Manchester United</abbr>.
Torres was dropped to the bench at<abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Sunderland</abbr> after failing to find the net in the first three games of the season.
Missing the Champions League opener would be a huge blow for the out-of-sorts Spaniard, 27, who has managed just one goal since his record-breaking switch in January.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Weeeee 0 - 5 to Man U

Rooney 8 goals in 4 matches, awesome!!!

i am impressed by Chichitrito...he sibeh sharp...that offside goal..wah lao..how did he manage to come from behind n get in front of the defenders?

with this form...Berbakok & Owen can go one corner n fuck spider liao

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am impressed by Chichitrito...he sibeh sharp...that offside goal..wah lao..how did he manage to come from behind n get in front of the defenders?

with this form...Berbakok & Owen can go one corner n fuck spider liao
BARBERtov can blow Rooneys hair in the dressing room, lol

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johnny Evans was right when he said this could be a make or break season for him. Looking at his performance so far, I dun think he'll make it if his marking and understanding of the game is anything to go by. I can't fault his enthusiasm though. The other players that are likely to play a small and limited role would probably be the Da Dilva twins. Of the two, Raphael has a better chance of making it to the first eleven.

I read recently that United is looking for another defender,perhaps a probable replacement for Evans.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Johnny Evans was right when he said this could be a make or break season for him. Looking at his performance so far, I dun think he'll make it if his marking and understanding of the game is anything to go by. I can't fault his enthusiasm though. The other players that are likely to play a small and limited role would probably be the Da Dilva twins. Of the two, Raphael has a better chance of making it to the first eleven.

I read recently that United is looking for another defender,perhaps a probable replacement for Evans.

nah..its for Ferdinand LOL

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my thots from the Champions League match...gosh...a pale and tepid performance frm Man U...

maybe its becos Fergie changed 7 players. The midfielder totally lack grip...ok, Valencia, Fletcher, Park not exactly your sexy players and two coming back from injuries.

Wah seh...I saw Fletcher, got a shock, he like aged 20years...the illness must have deeply affected him.

WTF Carrick is doing? He is a passenger...gave a ball away at the edge of the box, causing a one on one, luckily the Benfica striker shot into the net.

He has simply lost his touch...ought to be sold in the next transfer window.

Fabio totally not in the picture, allowing players to go past him like he is non existant...maybe he is new? The intro of Phil Jones helped stemmed the tide.

Lindegaard did himself alot of good with his performance...he made 2 good saves...i think he deserve to play against Chelsea. De Gea ought to be benched for a few matches to wake his bloody idea up.

I think Fergie using this match to give his fringe players a run out...hence he must be contended with a draw - away, against the most difficult opponent in the group. However, if not because of Lindegaard, we would have lost the match.

The player to boo = Carrick, Fabio.

Once again, it is evident with these bunch of players, we aren't good enough yet to win the CL...if we had Sneijder, how different it would be.

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
new tgt of Man U - the so-called new Bryan Robson:

Ross Barkley

270533_1.jpg

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
An entertaining game but the injuries is starting to pile up. 5 matches into the season n we've got 5-6 injuries to key players.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An entertaining game but the injuries is starting to pile up. 5 matches into the season n we've got 5-6 injuries to key players.

esp in midfield...already quite thin...without cleverly...hmm

anderson is hopeless, carrick too. Fletcher look like a zombie, it will be a few matches more before he can regain his fitness (if he will). Wingers wise, i fear the day when Young is injured or need to be rested...he is by far, the most lethal weapon.

Nani is blowing hots and cold...really hope he can be more consistent. Valencia hopefully will get back match fitness soon. park is a headless housefly, only cheong, no football brains...

there...oops, giggs - how long can we rely on his aging legs & lungs...

who else...we have good stock of wingers - but really thin on central midfielders...unless SAF wants to deploy Rooney into midfield.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tonight Man U vs Leeds..

a formality or an upset?

last time i recall....Leeds knock complacent Man U out of Carling Cup (or was it FA cup LOL)

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Owen's second goal is a beauty.

Carling Cup is a waste of time. Utd should just field their under 18 team for the competition.

jw5

Loyal
Just saw the starting 11 team sheet. All familiar names but who is Ezekiel Fryers? :biggrin:
And who played centre back? Carrick and Fryers?