• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2011-12

jw5

Loyal
compassionately, i pity him. But on the other side, how can Man U have unfit player as one of their 25? Unfair right?

i know footballers' career is short but i think medical insurance would cover some costs?

not about compassion or costs.
if he can get the illness under control like the rugby player Lewis Moody, he can continue as normal.
if he can play, he should be in the squad of 25.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really dun know WTF his holding up their IPO.

think Glazer's balls shrunk regarding the dim prospects of success. Seriously, its a puff of smoke, how to valuate a football team? If tomorrow Rooney suffered a career ending injury, its kaput.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When fergie calls time on his career, it will be one roller coaster ride for you.:biggrin:

which i reckon it won't be long. the coming season will probably be his last. Either he collects the 20th title and bow out in glory or nil. But he has nothing more to prove, having won all that he could.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
think Glazer's balls shrunk regarding the dim prospects of success. Seriously, its a puff of smoke, how to valuate a football team? If tomorrow Rooney suffered a career ending injury, its kaput.

Had they won the EPL, I think the Glazers would have gone to the market. It's all about Man U's global brand appeal which the Glazer's are trying to capitalize. I think it will come in the next quarter just before the next season kicks off.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Had they won the EPL, I think the Glazers would have gone to the market. It's all about Man U's global brand appeal which the Glazer's are trying to capitalize. I think it will come in the next quarter just before the next season kicks off.

well, we lost the title on the day where we capitulated 4-4 at OT. No wonder we want Leigthon Baines

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Utd should set their priorities and buy Baines, Gaitan and Kagawa and if they have spare cash Hazard. It looks increasingly likely they will have to fund these expenditures by raising ticket prices. The money in the kitty is just not enough even after selling the likes of Berba and Anderson,ie. if they find buyers.

Perhaps the club should consider limited equity stakes for players and manager tied to the club's fortune if they wish to attract and retain the best talents. Otherwise we may just have to do with 'average' players and aim for the top 4 at best.If wage inflation continues to spiral they way it is now, it is only a matter of time before some clubs go bust.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I won't be surprise if Benitez takes over RDM at Chelsea even if it means only for a year. The russian would probably want to see if that spanish waiter can get the best out of Torres where so many have failed. With the talent that they've got, it will take a very brave man to bet against them losing out of top four again next season.

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this for real?

*************************************************************************************************************************

French sources say Lille star Eden Hazard has decided to sign for Manchester United.

Hazard's agent confirmed yesterday that the Belgian had agreed personal terms with United, Manchester City and Chelsea and would be announcing his choice next week.

However, Mercato365 says Hazard has decided on a move to United and now only minor details need to be settled to complete the switch to Old Trafford.

The player and United already have a broad agreement and only loose ends need to be tied up before the transfer is formalised in the coming days. The deal will be for five years.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/lille-ace-hazard-chooses-man-utd-only-minor-details-be-settled-3195061

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this for real?

*************************************************************************************************************************

French sources say Lille star Eden Hazard has decided to sign for Manchester United.

Hazard's agent confirmed yesterday that the Belgian had agreed personal terms with United, Manchester City and Chelsea and would be announcing his choice next week.

However, Mercato365 says Hazard has decided on a move to United and now only minor details need to be settled to complete the switch to Old Trafford.

The player and United already have a broad agreement and only loose ends need to be tied up before the transfer is formalised in the coming days. The deal will be for five years.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...man-utd-only-minor-details-be-settled-3195061

if hazard is signed, then what about gaitan? They play similar position no?

looks like if hazard is signed, then prolly Baines only. Kagawa maybe. that shld be it.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
if hazard is signed, then what about gaitan? They play similar position no?

looks like if hazard is signed, then prolly Baines only. Kagawa maybe. that shld be it.

Yup, that may just be the case. But it's just rumour at this stage. Gaitan and Baines probably but Kagawa may be the odd man out coz Dortmund is asking for 16 million pounds. Baines is valued at 12million and Gaitan 20 million. Hazard can play left or right and he's versatile enough to fit in any position. If Hazard plays for United, then Giggs or Scholes will be retired next season.

If they do get all four, ticket prices are going to shoot up like hell. Fans ought to be reminded that we have 2 ageing stars in the team and we have yet to find suitable replacements.

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this for real?

187383_thumb.jpg

Hazard tells Manchester United, City and Chelsea: I will not accept a bit-part role
The Belgium international says he still hasn't chosen where he will be playing next season but admitted he expects to be a first-choice at whatever club he ends up at

185762_thumb.jpg

Kagawa : red amoeba, like it or not i am coming hehe..

Screw PSG and Pastore! They stealing my favorite players away and they have the money!

147371_thumb.jpg

Pastore wants Higuain and Lavezzi at Paris Saint-Germain
The former Palermo ace made no secret that he wants to see his compatriots at the Parc des Princes and said the club will become a powerhouse by 2015

158488_thumb.jpg

Napoli president De Laurentiis hints at Lavezzi exit
The Partenopei chief conceded that the striker will leave if his buy-out clause is met and noted that the Argentine's stint with the team has been very positive

171079_thumb.jpg

Sigh.. Boss refuse to let me go..
Sneijder offers himself to AC Milan
The Netherlands international is considering the possibilities of a move to the Rossoneri, but Inter are unlikely to sell the playmaker to their cross-town rivals

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hazard: I'm joining Chelsea

May 28, 2012
By ESPN staff
Eden Hazard has revealed that he will be playing for Chelsea next season after months of intrigue over where he would go.

• Hazard weighs up offers

Hazard is rated as one of the most talented young prospects in Europe, having already become the key man at French club Lille at the age of 21. Earlier this summer he confirmed he would leave France and England would be his destination and on Monday he showed his hand.

"I'm signing for the champion's [sic] league winner," Hazard tweeted.

Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea all reportedly struck deals to sign the playmaker, but Hazard was always keen to play somewhere where he would get a chance in the first-team.

Hazard earlier continued to keep fans of several clubs in suspense by posting he had ''made up his mind'' who he was going to join but declined to name the team in question.

There was no official confirmation from either Chelsea or Lille that a deal had been reached over the signing of Hazard, who has been rated at £32 million. But reports in France suggest the Belgium star has agreed a five-year contract worth as much as £100,000-a-week after tax.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1080975/lille's-eden-hazard:-i'm-joining-chelsea?cc=4716
************************************************************************************************************************

He said it from the start that he'd like to play in London. I guess it was no surprise.

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok, so Hazard is heading Chelsea's way. Fergie mst be squeezing his balls for not able to thump Chelsea, no $$ LOL...

so, left with Gaitan? Quick, no fish, prawn also good. Quick quick sign.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bwahahahaha...... I am certain Gaitan is on his way as soon as they cough up the $$$$.Next Baines and Kagawa. We can forget about tier one players and settle for the left overs. I think Fergie and Gill will wait till the end of Euro 2012 before they show their hands. Dun be surprise if we end up with another Mexican player.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bwahahahaha...... I am certain Gaitan is on his way as soon as they cough up the $$$$.Next Baines and Kagawa. We can forget about tier one players and settle for the left overs. I think Fergie and Gill will wait till the end of Euro 2012 before they show their hands. Dun be surprise if we end up with another Mexican player.

what ? After Euro 2012? No, thats not the style of Fergie. He likes to tie up his signings real fast before he goes holiday.

moreover, you will get inflated prices, well I guess those agents are thinking along the same lines.

its sad, we were once the big boy in transfer market, no longer so.