• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cancer prevention and strategy for cure

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The latest email I received from iHerb is that they will reduce the number of those "specials" & not to expect those free shipping deals for at least another 6 months. :(
However they have an arrangement with the courier companies that will charge less for shipping ,if they have enough volume from customers.

I'm also getting my walnuts from iHerb:smile: Also getting my organic ground vietnamese cinnamon from iHerb. Both which I'm using in the Budwig diet. The diet calls for alot of flax seed oil & iHerb stocks are fresh

I noticed that my nails were brittle & breaking easily so I decided to add liquid MSM and Okinawan Coral, both in liquid form. So far so good. I'm trying to move away from pills & trying to use liquid forms of supplements.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for info, oh you email them to check before? Huh they are stopping the free shipping deals for next 6 months? Looks like business too good already, cut away promo..

Remember the Life Extension brand, Bone restore calcium supplement you mentioned before? I read the user feedback and one of them mentioned he has stronger nails after taking for 4 months. May be you want to try it.

Btw why you moving away from pills to liquid supplement?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read somewhere that cancer cells cannot survive in a alkaline evironment, was thinking if drinking apple cider vinegar will help? Base on concept of drinking liquor, getting alchol into the blood stream. Any views?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Btw why you moving away from pills to liquid supplement?

Liquids are easier for the body to absorb. The only problem is that it's bulkier to ship & store.
They are much easier to take instead of pills. On a daily basis I swallow plenty of pills & sometimes I gag on the pills when they stick to the back of my throat.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Read somewhere that cancer cells cannot survive in a alkaline evironment, was thinking if drinking apple cider vinegar will help? Base on concept of drinking liquor, getting alchol into the blood stream. Any views?

Apple cider is good but we all need to drink lots of plain water.

More practical to get a unit which electolysis the water into alkali. Such as the unit sold by http://www.kemptrading.com/
It doubles up as a water purifier.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
The benefits of apple cider is not clinically proven, as I was told by my family doctor. His advice is to take whatever that don't do any harm to our body and system, and as long as we feel ok after taking it.

On your opinion, imo, if water is too pure also not good for the body.

Also, reason I asked was I remembered prc friends telling me that those who smoke and/or drink vinegar didn't get SARs. But again its not clinically proven also. So I am just exploring..

Apple cider is good but we all need to drink lots of plain water.

More practical to get a unit which electolysis the water into alkali. Such as the unit sold by http://www.kemptrading.com/
It doubles up as a water purifier.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Liquids are easier for the body to absorb. The only problem is that it's bulkier to ship & store.
They are much easier to take instead of pills. On a daily basis I swallow plenty of pills & sometimes I gag on the pills when they stick to the back of my throat.

Oic yeah some pills are too big and very hard to swallow, lucky this one I bought from iherb is not like that. I thought of ordering the Life extension brand to try out too since that calcium is supposed to be more absorbable.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The benefits of apple cider is not clinically proven, as I was told by my family doctor. His advice is to take whatever that don't do any harm to our body and system, and as long as we feel ok after taking it.

On your opinion, imo, if water is too pure also not good for the body.

Also, reason I asked was I remembered prc friends telling me that those who smoke and/or drink vinegar didn't get SARs. But again its not clinically proven also. So I am just exploring..

Sporeans are drinking recycled water which has chlorine in it, so I don't think "purity" is an issue :(

I often see people buying bottled water. Even our illustrious leader LKY is rumoured to drinks only Evian branded water. The fact is that we are constantly being exposed to contaminants in our environment & not just by pollutants in our drinking water. It gets into our system via what we eat(preservatives, chemicals,pesticides, etc) & by breathing(air pollution, chemicals in our environement, from shampoos, soap, etc).

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oic yeah some pills are too big and very hard to swallow, lucky this one I bought from iherb is not like that. I thought of ordering the Life extension brand to try out too since that calcium is supposed to be more absorbable.

The Life Extension products are based on the latest research, so you know you are getting a good product.

I sometimes forget that buying products from the US gives me access to the freshest stocks at a very reasonable price. Before I found iHerb I remember having difficulties getting good flax seed oil in Spore. Nowadays it's so easy, I just visit iHerb:smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Life Extension products are based on the latest research, so you know you are getting a good product.

I sometimes forget that buying products from the US gives me access to the freshest stocks at a very reasonable price. Before I found iHerb I remember having difficulties getting good flax seed oil in Spore. Nowadays it's so easy, I just visit iHerb:smile:

Glad to hear that Life Extension are based on latest research. How about Country Life brand, are they known for their research? Country Life is the current brand of calcium that I'm taking and found it quite good.

Yeah the organic raw walnuts bought from iherb are very fresh. I just eat them like that without cooking. The roasted and salted almonds from iberb were a bit too saltish, still prefer the Camel brand baked almonds bought from supermarkets.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Glad to hear that Life Extension are based on latest research. How about Country Life brand, are they known for their research? Country Life is the current brand of calcium that I'm taking and found it quite good.

Yeah the organic raw walnuts bought from iherb are very fresh. I just eat them like that without cooking. The roasted and salted almonds from iberb were a bit too saltish, still prefer the Camel brand baked almonds bought from supermarkets.

Glad I received my walnuts & flax seed today because I ran out :smile: My preference is for cashew nuts & not almonds. I can finish a 1 kg bag in a few days. Will have to go to Mustaffa again to get another bag:o

I'm picky about the nuts I get from NTUC. I avoid all the salted nuts because of the oil & salt used. I go to the organic section & get the "Origins Healthcare Products". Unfortunately it's expensive. That's why I also include cashews from Mustaffa which is prepared without the salt.

I've taken some of the Life Extension products like the Lipoic Acid & pomegranate. I've noticed that the dosage is higher than some of the other brands. This may explain why their products usually cost higher than other brands. They also include ingredients you won't find in other products. They also fund studies on health. You can read about it, http://www.lef.org. Whenever I visit the library I make it a point to read the monthly magazine they put out. Although the magazine is available online, I like reading the physical copy of the magazine:smile:

Don't really know if there's a major difference between brands? I rotate between the different brands & so far so good. :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glad I received my walnuts & flax seed today because I ran out :smile: My preference is for cashew nuts & not almonds. I can finish a 1 kg bag in a few days. Will have to go to Mustaffa again to get another bag:o

I'm picky about the nuts I get from NTUC. I avoid all the salted nuts because of the oil & salt used. I go to the organic section & get the "Origins Healthcare Products". Unfortunately it's expensive. That's why I also include cashews from Mustaffa which is prepared without the salt.

I've taken some of the Life Extension products like the Lipoic Acid & pomegranate. I've noticed that the dosage is higher than some of the other brands. This may explain why their products usually cost higher than other brands. They also include ingredients you won't find in other products. They also fund studies on health. You can read about it, http://www.lef.org. Whenever I visit the library I make it a point to read the monthly magazine they put out. Although the magazine is available online, I like reading the physical copy of the magazine:smile:

Don't really know if there's a major difference between brands? I rotate between the different brands & so far so good. :smile:

Yeah the Life Extension calcium is more expensive than the current brand I bought, ok will buy and rotate with the current brand. :smile: When you rotate, do you take half the daily value dosage in the morning of one brand and another half in the evening of another brand? That's what I'm thinking of doing.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah the Life Extension calcium is more expensive than the current brand I bought, ok will buy and rotate with the current brand. :smile: When you rotate, do you take half the daily value dosage in the morning of one brand and another half in the evening of another brand? That's what I'm thinking of doing.

No, I just use a product until the bottle is empty & then switch brands. That way it's easier to remember & you avoid deterioration of a product. Once you open the seal, a product starts to deteriorate in our tropical climate. If you have room store your vitamins in the fridge.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, I just use a product until the bottle is empty & then switch brands. That way it's easier to remember & you avoid deterioration of a product. Once you open the seal, a product starts to deteriorate in our tropical climate. If you have room store your vitamins in the fridge.

Oic thank you for the info.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oic thank you for the info.

By the way some people belief in taking a break from a product to avoid the problem of the body developing a dependance.

I don't know if this is true, but as precaution I take a break the from more serious supplements like DHEA but not in the case of Vit C, D, etc.