• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

yellow ribbon project | wayang ?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i wonder the success of this project as the social stigma is still existent.

who will feel comfortable living next door to a ex-murderer. personally, i won't feel comfortable if say, a teacher is an ex-molester.

Or if given employment opportunities, they will be employed in menial or lower end jobs. Of course, many ex-prisoners succeeded as own boss (mostly self-employed instead of being employed).

If the government encourage acceptance of ex-convicts - would they one day - present a ex-prisoner as political candidate?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dun need to worry about ex-murderers, they get hang unless U are talking about reincarnated ones.

Seriously, whether the yellow ribbon project is wayang or not, it has to continue. Pple need to change their mindset and start giving others a 2nd chance. I think it should start with the pple who are involved in the yellow ribbon project, the civil service. They should lead by example and start hiring some of these pple. If they don't even take the lead then there's no point.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dun need to worry about ex-murderers, they get hang unless U are talking about reincarnated ones.

Seriously, whether the yellow ribbon project is wayang or not, it has to continue. Pple need to change their mindset and start giving others a 2nd chance. I think it should start with the pple who are involved in the yellow ribbon project, the civil service. They should lead by example and start hiring some of these pple. If they don't even take the lead then there's no point.

===

bro...ex murderer can be jailed for manslaughter - this is not death penalty.

enterprises need to be actively involved - government always lament we need to import foreign labourers - isn't ex-prisoners a source?

as far as i know, civil service quite strict with your records - they even check CID regarding your records...

at least Mediacock is taking the lead LOL ...Chris lee is a high profile ex-convict.

babachai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree that the Yellow Ribbon project is a wayang. The gahment ask the private sector to hire them to give them a second chance but they themselves do not hire ex-offender. In addition, they make difficult for private secotr to hire them with a lot of restrictions by the gahment bodies. eg, initially, they are given TEMPORARY passport which is valid for 9~18 mths, ex-offender cannot go into to port area... these are some of the restrictions, do know how many more are there.
Like that how to talk about SECOND CHANCE?

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
i don't believe in giving a second chance to traitors and thieves working within our government, sucking us dry and screwing our economy. in japan, they would have commited suicide or at least resign.

as for regular criminals who are not so privileged(sp?), they should be hired based on their own merits like everyone else. why should they be given special treatment, like they're some black horse version of white horses, when honest hardworking people have trouble finding jobs after they "retire" and can't use withdraw their CPF? bullshit.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree that the Yellow Ribbon project is a wayang. The gahment ask the private sector to hire them to give them a second chance but they themselves do not hire ex-offender. In addition, they make difficult for private secotr to hire them with a lot of restrictions by the gahment bodies. eg, initially, they are given TEMPORARY passport which is valid for 9~18 mths, ex-offender cannot go into to port area... these are some of the restrictions, do know how many more are there.
Like that how to talk about SECOND CHANCE?

===
yes bro..,.u r right. i did hear about such restrictions.

babachai

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wrote to many ministers regarding the plight but ICA just wrote back to me that the without any results. They don't even bother to contact the person or the employer to verify the appeal. Siebe TULAN!!!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4 years back, there was a vacancy for Marine Operation Asst in my company.. My HR posted the vacancy on the Classified section of the Shit Times.. 3 guys came to my office for the interview. 1 Chinese Malaysian, 1 Chao Ah Neh from India :eek: and a local Singaporean guy.. The Malaysian bugger was an experienced man with more than 10 years working in Spore for an established Marine company here, but he told me that he got difficulity working Night shifts.. Chao Ah neh then came.. He asked for a starting pay of 2k but the bugger only got less than 3 years of work experience in the Marine Industry. Straightaway I rejected that Ah neh.. Then came along a local guy.. Got no experience before working in Marine Industry.. He was brutally honest with me saying that he had been released from prison for less than 3 months and still without a job.. Asked him what his past offence was.. He replied that he was sentenced to 2 year in prison for assaulting his cheating ex wife.. Told him I will give him that chance and I employed him.. And till now he is still working in my company.. Good model worker, rarely took MC, reports to work on time... It was a good choice I made..

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4 years back, there was a vacancy for Marine Operation Asst in my company.. My HR posted the vacancy on the Classified section of the Shit Times.. 3 guys came to my office for the interview. 1 Chinese Malaysian, 1 Chao Ah Neh from India :eek: and a local Singaporean guy.. The Malaysian bugger was an experienced man with more than 10 years working in Spore for an established Marine company here, but he told me that he got difficulity working Night shifts.. Chao Ah neh then came.. He asked for a starting pay of 2k but the bugger only got less than 3 years of work experience in the Marine Industry. Straightaway I rejected that Ah neh.. Then came along a local guy.. Got no experience before working in Marine Industry.. He was brutally honest with me saying that he had been released from prison for less than 3 months and still without a job.. Asked him what his past offence was.. He replied that he was sentenced to 2 year in prison for assaulting his cheating ex wife.. Told him I will give him that chance and I employed him.. And till now he is still working in my company.. Good model worker, rarely took MC, reports to work on time... It was a good choice I made..

==
good for u bro..unfortunately, not alot of employers r like that.