• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

La Liga Season 2011/2012

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Real Madrid unveil 2012-13 kits

The Spanish champions have presented their new strips for the upcoming season, with an emphasis on converging the old with the new in their respective designs

May 31, 2012 1:30:00 PM

By Stefan Coerts

189242hp2.jpg

Real Madrid have unveiled their new kits for the 2012-13 campaign.

The new shirts seek to combine the club's future and long-running traditions by featuring a logo commemorating their 110-year history on the left sleeve.

As a novelty, the home strip uses navy blue and turquoise in its design, looking for contrasts in details.

The retro spirit of the jersey is also represented in the effect produced by vertical lines in tonal contrast, while also featuring a slight, elegant yet timeless V-neck design.

The away kit has the same textile design and has even greater impact by combining a darker navy blue foundation with electric yellow highlights.

189243hp2.jpg

HOME KIT | Navy blue and turquoise replaces gold

189239hp2.jpg

COMMEMORATIVE LOGO | The left sleeve celebrates the 110-year anniversary

189241hp2.jpg

SAN IKER | Casillas to wear the No.1 jersey again in 2012-13

189240hp2.jpg

AWAY KIT | Combining a navy blue foundation with yellow highlights

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

106976_thumb.jpg

Javi Venta to return to Villarreal to help club fight for La Liga promotion
The veteran centre-back has agreed to help his former team regain their top-flight status after their unexpected drop to the Segunda Division in the 2011-12 campaign

184173_thumb.jpg

Messi: Barcelona will overcome the loss of Guardiola
The Argentine attacker assured that he never considered following his coach out of Camp Nou, and remains confident that Tito Vilanova can achieve success with the team

187743_thumb.jpg

Hamburg and Getafe fighting over Basel defender Abraham
The German outfit are looking to annul the Argentine's pre-agreement with Getafe that he signed five months ago after the player declared that he would like to join HSV

184859_thumb.jpg

Real Madrid to cancel Werder Bremen friendly
The Liga champions are set to breach an agreement with the Germans, which stipulated that both clubs would play each other in pre-season as part of Mesut Ozil's transfer

147947_thumb.jpg

Barcelona release Henrique
The Blaugrana have agreed to terminate the contract of the centre-back, who parts company with the Catalans having failed to make a single competitive appearance for the club

160046_thumb.jpg

Bielsa renews Spanish residency licence - report
The Rosario native appeared downcast after his side's Europa League and Copa del Rey final defeats, but it has been rumoured that he has already decided to continue at San Mames

183534_thumb.jpg

Higuain not leaving Real Madrid, says agent
The player's representative has ended all speculation about the attacker's future by stressing that his client is going nowhere this summer

178357_thumb.jpg

Abidal could return to football, says doctor
Previous reports suggested that the French defender was set to retire after undergoing a liver transplant, but he could now make a comeback after all

185044_thumb.jpg

Diego hints at Wolfsburg return
The former Juventus playmaker has given a strong indication that he will return to his parent club despite previously saying he wanted to stay with the Europa League champions

157354_thumb.jpg

David Villa: Spain will not miss me at Euro 2012
The prolific forward insists La Roja have quality strikers available, especially Fernando Torres, and admits he was not fit enough to play for the team in Poland and Ukraine

160396_thumb.jpg

Barcelona's Cuenca out of Olympics and sidelined for four months following knee surgery
The Spanish youngster will spend a lengthy spell recovering from an operation and has been confirmed as an absentee at the Olympic Games

156934_thumb.jpg

Real Sociedad want Carlos Vela stay
The Basque side are interested in extending the Mexican attacker's stint at the Anoeta after he impressed for the club on loan during the course of the season

159655_thumb.jpg

Mexican TV channel offered Guardiola and Mourinho punditry roles for Euro 2012 - report
The coaching duo have been rivals in their respective positions with Barcelona and Real Madrid, but have been given a chance to share a studio with one another

170117_thumb.jpg

Internacional keen to bring back Nilmar
The striker stated he has no intention of playing in the Spanish second tier next season, and his former club have been immediately alerted to his admission

141543_thumb.jpg

Betis to take Fontas on loan - report
The Blaugrana are apparently willing to allow the centre-back move to Seville given he will need game time after suffering a cruciate ligament injury in January

153368_thumb.jpg

Espanyol make loan offer for Zamalek’s Shikabala
A member of Zamalek's board says that Espanyol are interested in signing Shikabala to a loan deal and that the White Knights are considering the offer before making a decision

173174_thumb.jpg

Atletico Madrid launch €5 million bid for Jurado - report
The Rojiblancos are unlikely to retain Diego next season and have identified their former player, who is believed to be unhappy with his situation at Schalke, as a replacement

64111_thumb.jpg

Catalunya cleared to play in international competition
The region will be allowed to compete in tournaments with the stipulation that their participation cannot in any way hinder or disturb the powers of the Spanish state

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

China to host five Spanish Supercopas

The governing body for Spanish football has reached a lucrative deal which will see China host the traditional La Liga curtain-raiser for five years, starting in 2013

Jun 1, 2012 9:31:00 PM

By Luis Mira

140315hp2.jpg

The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) has announced that China will stage five editions of the Spanish Supercopa.

The RFEF has agreed a deal worth €32 million with United Vansen International Sport to allow the Asian country play host to five of the next seven editions of the tournament.

According to AS, it represents an increase in the region of €4m when compared to the agreement between the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) and Chinese authorities.

Due to time time constraints, it is believed that the first Supercopa clash to be staged in China will be in 2013.

This year's Supercopa will be played between La Liga champions Real Madrid and Copa de Rey holders Barcelona. The two teams also met in the 2011-12 fixture last year, with the Blaugrana emerging victorious 5-4 on aggregate

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Guardiola: I no longer enjoyed Barcelona matches

The highly-rated coach, who will move to the United States, admitted that he had lost the drive for the job and refused to rule out a return to Camp Nou in the future

Jun 2, 2012 12:05:00 PM

184186hp2.jpg

Pep Guardiola has explained the reason he has decided to leave Barcelona at the end of the season, stating that he no longer enjoyed being part of the team's matches.

The 41-year-old coach put an end to his four-year reign at Camp Nou to take a year-long sabbatical from football after guiding the Blaugrana to a staggering 14 titles.

Guardiola claims that he is in need of a break from football and revealed that he had lost the motivation for the job in recent times.

"I dd not enjoy Barca's matches in the Champions League and in La Liga anymore," he said in an interview with Israeli channel Canal 2.

"It was very tough. Being a coach of Barca requires a lot of energy. After so much time, you need to distance yourself."

The Spanish coach, who stated that he will live in Manhattan, New York, next year, then refused to rule out a return to Camp Nou in the future.

"I have nothing decided, I have to see what I will do," he added. "Perhaps I will return to Barca, perhaps I will not.

"But I will always take Barca in my heart and I will always be around."

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cristiano Ronaldo denies autograph to 10-year-old girl wearing Barcelona shirt

The 27-year-old did not appear to have to put his club's rivalry with the Blaugrana behind him in the off-season as he ignored the request for an autograph from a little girl

Jun 2, 2012 10:53:00 AM

By Luis Mira

175537hp2.jpg

Real Madrid and Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo has allegedly refused to sign an autograph to a 10-year-old girl wearing a Barcelona shirt.

In a letter published by Portuguese paper Record, Robert Filipe says that his daughter had decided to wear Barca's shirt for her club's training in Obidos.

However, the practice session was cancelled because of the Portugal national team's preparations for Euro 2012, and the 10-year-old decided to take the opportunity to watch the players in action - only to be ignored by the Seleccao's biggest star.

"When I went to pick her up, I did not find the happy and cheerful girl that I expected, but a sad one," Filipe explained.

"When I asked her what was going on, she simply shrugged and said: 'Cristiano did not want to sign me an autograph because I am wearing Barcelona's shirt'.

"I did not know what to say. This is the shirt that she had put on to go to practice and that her mother had bought her when she visited Barcelona. It was the symbol of love and nothing else (had she visited Madrid the shirt would have obviously been different), and ended up causing her great sadness.

"My pain is to look at my daughter's eyes and see great disappointment in them and try to explain to a 10-year-old the reason a player of the national team, who she has been cheering for these last two weeks, going to every training session, had turned his back on her."

Portugal, who will play a pre-Euro friendly against Turkey on Saturday, will take on Germany, Denmark and Netherlands in Poland and Ukraine.

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

138535_thumb.jpg

Rodrigo unaware of Real Madrid interest
The Spanish youngster stated that he is happy with life at the Estadio da Luz, while saying that he is thrilled to have had his debut in the Champions League

143016_thumb.jpg

Fabregas reportedly doubtful for Spain's Euro 2012 opener against Italy
The former Arsenal playmaker is in a race against time to recover from a muscular problem, and it is believed that he may not be fit for the match against the Azzurri

155036_thumb.jpg

Pablo Osvaldo: Zidane told me he wants me at Real Madrid
The Argentina-born striker says that Los Blancos have not lodged any bid for him, but claims that the Spanish club's director would like to see him at the Santiago Bernabeu

91208_thumb.jpg

Real Sociedad confirm principle agreement with Gonzalo Castro
The 27-year-old winger will join the Basque outfit on a Bosman deal after spending five years in Mallorca and is expected to pen a contract for four seasons with his new club

187714_thumb.jpg

Lucas Moura has no interest in Inter's offer, says agent
The Brazilian attacker's representative confirmed that Mourinho is an avid fan of his client, but stated that the player is not interested in a new challenge just yet