• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Speak Mandarin Campaign 2011

jw5

Loyal
Teacher: Little Johnny, speak a sentence in mandarin.

Little Johnny : Woh yau cher ni der sia mian ....

**&^%$ .... Teacher slap Little Johnny.

Little Johnny : Why? I only say I want to eat your prawn mee ...

Teacher : Ooops .... sorry....

This would have happened 20 years ago.
Nowadays, the teacher would say: Guo lai cher ba! :biggrin:

buzzlightyear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why does a country where over 60% speak Mandarin/Chinese dialects at home already need to be encouraged to speak more Mandarin? They speak so much Mandarin, even when they think they are speaking English, they are really speaking Mandarin.

[video=youtube;hYsrWO0LVOo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYsrWO0LVOo[/video]

seiyup warrior

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Speak Mandarin Campaign is a sheer waste of money and rubbish on all counts.Do you expect the new PRs of Indian,Bangladeshi,Pinoy,and of other nationalities descent to learn and speak Mandarin.The new PRs of China descent do not need the Singapore Govt to teach them to speak Mandarin

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't care whether some mother fucking ccb people will think I am a PAP charlatan when I say this.

The move to educate the Proud Singaporeans to speak mandarin is for everyone's own good, and own sake.

Just before 1997, Hong Kong people were very condescending towards PRC people, or the mainland people. Today, I guarantee you, almost 80% people and above in Hong Kong speak fluent Chinese, and they know the advantages.

The sleeping dragon is already awakened, and now the Hungry Dragon is gobbling up big companies globally... enter the dragon age!

Don't care if you're from Singapore or not, born or bred, here it comes.

People from North America, and Latin America are putting their kids to Mandarin Courses in pre-school (Kindergarten)

Africans are sending hordes of people to Beijing to forge long term connections, and learning the language (Mandarin)

Central Asians are studying in China Universities in Beijing.

Not to mention, China is setting up Confucius SCHOOLS all over the world, with the sole purpose of spreading the culture, and teaching Mandarin.

Singaporeans, wake up lah, don't be such a cock in the well, and don't know the world development.

Today, there are 1.4 Billion Mandarin Speaking Chinese, compared with a dot in 1 degrees north, with only 5 Million people (say 75% Chinese), besides, Singapore economy is more of a form of parasitic in nature, without the neighboring host like Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Laos, PINOY, and CHINA, Singapore would not be what it is today.

Mai Hao Lian lah! go and study Chinese for your own good.

It is not about pride anymore, it's about your very own survival... if you don't do business with China in this decade, you're fucked for good.

Be humble, and learn. Zap me all you want, fuck me all you want, call me a PAP charlatan, I don't care.

This truly got nothing to do with PAP.

It's got to do with your lazy ignorant ass.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really, the govt wants you to speak more Mandarin to them to make them feel more welcome and integrated, and not scolding them for not speaking English.

I thought there are a lot of Ah tiongs in Singapore already. Still need speak Mandarin campaign?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
This council has a chauvinistic slant. Does it mean again to isolate the other races??

Next, the Indian Council will want to promote Hindi for the Hindus, Tamil for the Tamils, etc, and ditto for the Malays, etc.

The council also hopes to change the perception of Mandarin as a "second language" to Mandarin as a language for our daily communication.