• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Warning WideSpread SCAM Impersonation by email

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Warning WideSpread SCAM of Impersonation by email

http://uncleyap-news.blogspot.com/2011/06/warning-widespread-scam-impersonation.html

Monday, June 27, 2011

Warning WideSpread SCAM of Impersonation by email

There is a RAMPANT SCAM via email impersonating someone you know pretending to be in trouble and needs help. THIS INCLUDES HACKING of the email. The email address is real, but account is HACKED.
<table style="text-align: left; margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; font-style: italic;" class="cf gJ" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td class="gF gK"><table class="cf NtHald" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr class="UszGxc"><td colspan="2" class="gL">
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" class="gG">
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
<table style="text-align: left; margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; color: rgb(51, 51, 255);" class="cf gJ" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td class="gF gK"><table class="cf NtHald" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" class="gG">to</td><td colspan="2" class="gL">
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" class="gG">date</td><td colspan="2" class="gL">
cleardot.gif
Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 6:42 AM</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" class="gG">subject</td><td colspan="2" class="gL">
cleardot.gif
HI</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" class="gG">mailed-by</td><td colspan="2" class="gL">
cleardot.gif
yahoo.com</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" class="gG">signed-by</td><td colspan="2" class="gL">
cleardot.gif
yahoo.com</td></tr><tr><td colspan="4">
</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td class="gH">hide details 6:42 AM (7 hours ago)
</td><td class="gH cY8xve">
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Hope you get this on time, I made a trip to the UK(Scotland) and had my bag stolen from me with my passport and credit cards in it. The embassy is willing to help by letting me fly without my passport, I just have to pay for a ticket and settle Hotel bills. Unfortunately for me, I can't have access to funds without my credit card, I've made contact with my bank but they need more time to come up with a new one. I was thinking of asking you to lend me some quick funds that I can give back as soon as I get in. I really need to be on the next available flight.

I can forward you details on how you can get the funds to me. You can reach me via my alternative email [email protected] or on May Marriott Aberdeen Hotel front desk phone, the numbers is +44702-409-8795.

I await your response.

In gmail which I had received Google detected something fishy and added the following warnings:

Warning: The content of this message is suspicious. The sender's account may be compromised. Beware of following links or of providing the sender with any personal information. Ignore, I trust this message Learn more

More than one person that I know had already been impersonated. The scam is rampant and making it's round still, please help to spread the words of warning.

posted by uncleyap at 1:53 PM

Last edited: