• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Straits Times Pocket Money Fund

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
ts

Stop donating to the Straits Times Pocket Money Fund

Now that the election is over and our government promising to listen and help Singaporeans more, it remind me of my personal experience which had never give me a good impression of the ST Pocket Money Fund by the Straits Times Group which is part of our government machinery.

I was unemployed for over 2 and half years with 3 children attending school surviving on my wife $900 salary. In 2009, my eldest daughter pleaded with me to apply for the ST fund. I told her that this fund is just another hungry funding mechanism to entice the citizen into donating endlessly. She is not contended with my explanation and hence I submit my application to the FSC at Towner.

I was asked to attend an interview with my daughter. The officer informed me that besides submitting the income document, they also need to come to my house to interview my wife and other children. She also mentioned I also had to show all bank statement and all other payment default before she can proceed with my application. All this trouble just for asking $50 for 6 months. On the spot, my daughter told me to drop the application and she return home disappointed.

In the next election, my 2 daughters will be eligible to vote. Base on their personal experience, do you think they will vote for the PAP who promise the moon?

In conclusion, please help to inform to all around you to stop donating to ST Pocket Money Fund. Instead encourage them to donate to other religious group or other charities who are much more sincere and forthcoming in helping the needy. Besides, let stop this huge fund before it end up like our NKF, Ren Ci and next…..

Temasek Review