• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

new zealand

therockz

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I download 60 Gb per month, I'll simply go on to a plan that suits my usage pattern the following month. There is never any reduction in speed. Singapore has had numerous earthquakes, Most are too small to be noticed but there have been recent cases where buildings actually swayed!!! In addition to earthquakes, there is a distinct possibility that volcanic activity could bring the whole region to a grinding halt.

Your internet is capped. Singapore has no earthquakes, only slight tremors from earthquakes in Indonesia. There are no volcanoes near Singapore.

How long does it take to be approved? I write a post and it shows up only days later, that is very irritating.

It is good to see you have some sense and not brainwashed by results and only results. I certainly hope you are not the type who thinks that people who are poor in studies deserves to be despised, unlike how some typical relatives think. Copying and plagarism is quite common, though it is unspoken.

I look down on illiterate, senseless, rude people. In reality, most lowly educated people are illiterate, senseless and rude so I look down on them. Despise them. And piss on them.

Outright plagiarism is uncommon in most good unis these days because they use Turnitin.

Seems like Singaporeans in some cases, are no different from the PRCs.

I am sorry? What is the difference between a Chinese speaking Sporean and a PRC? They all speak the same language, have the same religion, same culture and same thinking. Why would they be different? They are 100% the same. :confused::rolleyes:

Not totally off here. I believe Singaporeans are only used as a last resort. Of course, they will prefer their own race than another. Britain and Australia comes close.

Sporeans are definitely not wanted in NZ. I don't know which idiot said that NZ wants Sporean migrants. Spore is the country with the least options to migrate to NZ. Even the Chinese have 1 year holiday visas, Sporeans only have 6 mths.

Australia is basically the same country as NZ for visa purpose. Australians can get a special visa to work and live freely in NZ by just filling in a form due to the Trans Tasman agreement.

I disagree with HK being better though, it is much worse and overcrowded. People there are even ruder than your typical Singaporeans and the fact that China is their boss does not sit well with me. I pretty much value my own independence and will not like to be under any control no matter how lucrative. Imagine if a PRC going around murdering people and you cannot jail him because the boss says so.

True. But HK is still much better than Spore. At least they are more uniform in terms of language and you don't have to deal with SO MANY illiterate idiots who can't even read their phone bills or menus.

Most Singaporeans do not dare to migrate because they are AFRAID to. They have been brainwashed from young that Singapore is 100% good and that if you even step out of Singapore, you get raped or murdered.

Sporeans never make sense. 60% of adult Sporeans have Primary school and below education. Only 35% of adult Sporeans are intelligent and literate enough to pass their secondary exams. To put it simply, 60% of adult Singaporeans are so dumb and illiterate, that the most education they have ever received is Primary school and 20% have zero education at all.

It is no wonder most sporeans can't even string together 5 words properly or read a few lines of their phone bills properly or realise the sore throats are caused by viruses not eating "heaty" food.

Compare this to 85% of secondary school and above graduates in the USA and most advanced nations. The Spore citizenry is largely illiterate, nonsensical and lowly educated. It is a sort of mass craziness and lobotomy in Spore.

sam , i am really thinking of moving to auckland, but i heard it is difficult to get a job in auckland(esp if you are asian) and people are moving out to get employment. am i right on that??

I think most companies in NZ are two-five men outfits. Most NZ companies are small companies.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sam, i am not trying to be funny, that was a serious question.. cos i have friends who are newzealander telling me the situation there, so i just want to clarify it..

as for sg.. jobs are plentiful here.. it is not difficult to get a job here.

Manager,

I have interviewed many Asians before in my line of work in Australia. I can tell you this.

Singaporeans are still no good in interviews.
1. There is no problems with dressing, it is the moment Singaporeans (esp males) speak. Because seriously, English may be Singaporeans' first language, but Singaporeans speak English like a foreign language.

2. Singaporeans tend to use more words to answer questions when a more direct concise answer will do. This really affect the scores on communication skills.

3. Try to adapt and include more keywords in your replies - keywords that market yourself.

4. Don't try to speak as if you are writing a sentence.

5. Finally, don't assume, don't preempt

Also, if you are in a management role, AZ & NZ expect a lot more than Singapore. You have to have some peoples skill, besides all the transferable skills from your past work experience.

A lot of time, it is easier to start your own business, and you still earn a good living from there.

(Also, don't let what I wrote deter you, I am a good example that I was able to find a job in Perth during its economic recession. I tried hard and was smart. Understand the job market and how people recruit.)

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Your internet is capped. Singapore has no earthquakes, only slight tremors from earthquakes in Indonesia. There are no volcanoes near Singapore.

How long does it take to be approved? I write a post and it shows up only days later, that is very irritating.

If Sumatra has a 9.0 earthquake, I'll guarantee you that Singapore will feel more than a "tremor". If Anak Krakatoa erupts the same way Krakatua did, Singapore will shut down. The risks are there but life carries on. There is no point worrying about things that we have no control over.

You are under moderation because your reputation is below 10. You need another 2 rep points and you'll be free of moderation and your posts will appear immediately.

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
hey, thanks for the sound advice:smile:

i do agree alot of singaporean are no good with interviews.. i have seen alot of them...

i am presently thinking of getting a house in auckland now and then move there in about 10 years time when i retire.. intent to just do some part time job and live with mt saving which should be enough to see me thru my retirement... any advice?

Manager,

I have interviewed many Asians before in my line of work in Australia. I can tell you this.

1. There is no problems with dressing, it is the moment Singaporeans (esp males) speak. Because seriously, English may be Singaporeans' first language, but Singaporeans speak English like a foreign language.

2. Singaporeans tend to use more words to answer questions when a more direct concise answer will do. This really affect the scores on communication skills.

3. Try to adapt and include more keywords in your replies - keywords that market yourself.

4. Don't try to speak as if you are writing a sentence.

5. Finally, don't assume, don't preempt

Also, if you are in a management role, AZ & NZ expect a lot more than Singapore. You have to have some peoples skill, besides all the transferable skills from your past work experience.

A lot of time, it is easier to start your own business, and you still earn a good living from there.

(Also, don't let what I wrote deter you, I am a good example that I was able to find a job in Perth during its economic recession. I tried hard and was smart. Understand the job market and how people recruit.)

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
i am presently thinking of getting a house in auckland now and then move there in about 10 years time when i retire..

Why on earth do you want to be burdened with the hassle of owning property in some foreign land for TEN WHOLE YEARS? Buy when you're ready to make the move.

A lot can happen in 10 years. You might even have changed your mind by then.

If you're serious about moving to NZ, make the move immediately. There is no need to wait till you retire. You might not even qualify when the time comes.

therockz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manager,

What are you talking about? English is the first langauge of Sporeans? Which universe do you live in? 20-30% of Sporeans are totally illiterate in English and most of the rest only can speak some simple basic English. Only 10-20% at most speak English as their first language, ppl like Cheryl Fox or Hossan Leong.

Most Sporeans are not even fluent in English or can't even carry out a basic conversation. Just look at the posts in this forum or fuckwarezone, they write more Chinese pinyins and hokkien words than English. That is what Singlish is, a broken form of English used by illiterates to communicate simple ideas. You listen to the average sporean speak and you feel like vomitting within 15 secs because the english is so bad and they are all so nonsensical.

There are just too many illiterates in Spore, the illiterates form the majority. Spore is a country where 60% of adults have Primary school and below as their highest education. 60% of adults aren't even literate enough to pass one single o levels.

facadegeniality

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup you can open an account in any NZ bank. In fact, you can go to ANZ's Singapore branch and they'll open an account for you in an ANZ branch of your choice in NZ. If you place a sufficient amount, they'll probably waive whatever bank fees that would normally be incurred.

For interest rates, go to http://www.anz.co.nz/ratefee/interest.asp#Section475

You may also take a look at http://www.asb.co.nz

Hi Leongsam, i tried opening a fixed deposit once, but i was told that ANZ(Singapore) and ANZ (Australia) has no dealings with each other. I had to open my account by calling australia branch.

Seems like from what you said, this is possible for NZ.

facadegeniality

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come neddy's source states a percentage, but what i found is not really a percentage?
Just curious...

RESIDENTS
Tax rates 2010-11

Taxable income
Tax on this income

0 - $6,000
Nil

$6,001 - $37,000
15c for each $1 over $6,000

$37,001 - $80,000
$4,650 plus 30c for each $1 over $37,000

$80,001 - $180,000
$17,550 plus 37c for each $1 over $80,000

$180,001 and over
$54,550 plus 45c for each $1 over $180,000

NON RESIDENTS
Tax rates 2010-11

Taxable income
Tax on this income

0 - $37,000
29c for each $1

$37,001 - $80,000
$10,730 plus 30c for each $1 over $37,000

$80,001 - $180,000
$23,630 plus 37c for each $1 over $80,000

$180,001 and over
$60,630 plus 45c for each $1 over $180,000

source: http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/content.aspx?doc=/content/12333.htm

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
For that matter, most Singaporean I know are not very good in Mandarin either. The PRCs would actually laugh at their standard of Mandarin. The Singapore education system has turned Singaporean into drones, neither good in English or Chinese. Not too sure about the other "2nd language" though.

What are you talking about? English is the first langauge of Sporeans? Which universe do you live in? 20-30% of Sporeans are totally illiterate in English and most of the rest only can speak some simple basic English. Only 10-20% at most speak English as their first language, ppl like Cheryl Fox or Hossan Leong.

Most Sporeans are not even fluent in English or can't even carry out a basic conversation. Just look at the posts in this forum or fuckwarezone, they write more Chinese pinyins and hokkien words than English. That is what Singlish is, a broken form of English used by illiterates to communicate simple ideas. You listen to the average sporean speak and you feel like vomitting within 15 secs because the english is so bad and they are all so nonsensical.

There are just too many illiterates in Spore, the illiterates form the majority. Spore is a country where 60% of adults have Primary school and below as their highest education. 60% of adults aren't even literate enough to pass one single o levels.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Hi Leongsam, i tried opening a fixed deposit once, but i was told that ANZ(Singapore) and ANZ (Australia) has no dealings with each other. I had to open my account by calling australia branch.

You could be right. The service was provided when I opened an account but that was more than 18 years ago. Perhaps the rules have changed courtesy of the MAS or because of stricter controls post 911.

facadegeniality

Alfrescian
Loyal
You could be right. The service was provided when I opened an account but that was more than 18 years ago. Perhaps the rules have changed courtesy of the MAS or because of stricter controls post 911.

icic...it's definitely more inconvenient now. i always encounter issues as a PR visa holder but no local address. HAH

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how come neddy's source states a percentage, but what i found is not really a percentage?
Just curious...
....source: http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/content.aspx?doc=/content/12333.htm

If I have used an %, I must be referring to tax withheld.

My last experience is with Commonwealth bank in Singapore. When you open an account with them, you are basically opening an account with their Migrant Banking Service at the capital branch where you intend to reside in. The Singapore branch acts to verify your identity and give you perks such as free TT of money to your Aussie bank Account.

Remember the tax withhold, ask them.

*****I think you can still use a Singapore address. Check with them. Ever since Singapore is identified as a major money laundering centre, things could have changed.

Eg ASB NZ is owned by Commonwealth Bank. Both are at the same Singapore address.

https://www.asb.co.nz/personal/banking-with-asb/moving-to-new-zealand/migrant-banking
https://www.asb.co.nz/personal/banking-with-asb/moving-to-new-zealand
http://www.commbank.com.au/personal...u-arrive/setting-up-your-banking/default.aspx

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should also try HSBC, there are local HSBC branches here. Ask them about aussie HSBC accounts and transfers between Sg acct and aussie acct etc. This might be a more convenient avenue. You also may need your Tax File Number in order not to incur the tax withheld clause for aussie account. I remember its something like 50% of interest earned.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should also try HSBC, there are local HSBC branches here. Ask them about aussie HSBC accounts and transfers between Sg acct and aussie acct etc. This might be a more convenient avenue. You also may need your Tax File Number in order not to incur the tax withheld clause for aussie account. I remember its something like 50% of interest earned.

I like HSBC, I get discounts for HongKong restaurants when they have HSBC card promotion. Also, the HK branch waive any bank fees when I do currency exchange :smile:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like HSBC, I get discounts for HongKong restaurants when they have HSBC card promotion. Also, the HK branch waive any bank fees when I do currency exchange :smile:

Indeed, I switched from CBA after they start charging me excessive "service" fees all the time.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indeed, I switched from CBA after they start charging me excessive "service" fees all the time.

The good thing about CBA is that you can open investment accounts in Singapore. But they will want you to open a savings/current account first (eg Streamline account)

For Perth, I use BankWest* because when I need ATMs, the Bankwest ATM usually has a queue, so I pop over to CBA ATM to use - no queue no fee :smile:

* now owned by CBA

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bah, HSBC ATMs empty most of the time. No worries there.
The good thing about CBA is that you can open investment accounts in Singapore. But they will want you to open a savings/current account first (eg Streamline account)

For Perth, I use BankWest* because when I need ATMs, the Bankwest ATM usually has a queue, so I pop over to CBA ATM to use - no queue no fee :smile:

* now owned by CBA

facadegeniality

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I have used an %, I must be referring to tax withheld.

My last experience is with Commonwealth bank in Singapore. When you open an account with them, you are basically opening an account with their Migrant Banking Service at the capital branch where you intend to reside in. The Singapore branch acts to verify your identity and give you perks such as free TT of money to your Aussie bank Account.

Remember the tax withhold, ask them.

*****I think you can still use a Singapore address. Check with them. Ever since Singapore is identified as a major money laundering centre, things could have changed.

Eg ASB NZ is owned by Commonwealth Bank. Both are at the same Singapore address.

https://www.asb.co.nz/personal/banking-with-asb/moving-to-new-zealand/migrant-banking
https://www.asb.co.nz/personal/banking-with-asb/moving-to-new-zealand
http://www.commbank.com.au/personal...u-arrive/setting-up-your-banking/default.aspx

thanks for the information. The free TT sounds tempting. Gonna find out more about tax withhold.

You are right, there are only 2 types of accounts you can open from Singapore.
http://www.movingtoaustralia.anz.com/english/australian-accounts.html

Effectively, holding a PR visa living overseas does not make you an Aussie resident.

But once you have a "master" account, you may be able to apply for other accounts with the same bank.

Okay right now i have a term deposit with St George (Westpac owned). I dun have a savings account yet. Mayb will open one when Im going to move.

junkyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
sam , i am really thinking of moving to auckland, but i heard it is difficult to get a job in auckland(esp if you are asian) and people are moving out to get employment. am i right on that??

You have to realise that over here in NZ, the dominant practice for employers is to conduct face-to-face interviews. Approximately 1 of 15? 20? interviews I've conducted are not through that channel, but still involve some sort of video conference, but that's me.

Most of my counterparts do not do that.

On the other side of the fence (many years ago, when I searched for jobs), none of the agencies nor direct hiring managers would do it. Perhaps you would want to consider taking some time off being here and broadcasting your length of stay to some of these employers/agents? You'd get a better hit rate then. Say: "Between xx-xxx to xx-xxx I'd be in AKLD/WGTN/CHCH/others and thus available for a f2f to discuss blahblah"

IMHO: race, culture, and qualifications are not deciding factors for candidacy.