• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The life of lesser mortals in Spore - PAP please read

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why working mum stopped at two, not 4

THOUGH a working mother of two, I and my family do not have a maid but we are lucky to have parents who help mind our children and cook for us.

When my husband and I reach home around 8.30 every night, we take one child each and check their schoolwork or read to them. When they go to bed at 10pm, we do the household chores and wash up, which take about half an hour.

Sometimes, we continue with work we had to take home but if we are spared that, we have some downtime for ourselves. By the time we hit the sack around midnight, we are exhausted.

The routine may seem predictably easy but the little time we spend with our children is stressful because they are active and individualistic. Imposing or inculcating discipline takes a toll on us and we are often tired from lack of sleep, or good sleep.

So, when I was expecting for the third time two years ago, we made a very hard decision to terminate the pregnancy. We just did not have the energy to cope with a third because the first two had taken up all the energy we had.

So far, we have had six years of interrupted sleep and we are not prepared for more.

Finance was also a big consideration as I was almost out of a job then. If I had seen through the pregnancy, I would not have been able to get another job. Relying on a single income was simply too tough because we had to care for our parents as well.

Having two children was more than we could manage and having two more was just too much. Yes, my third pregnancy involved twins. The decision not to have them was doubly difficult.

Wendy Tan (Ms)

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean women are pampered, I don't see the complains here and there are no maids at all.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better than a Minah who breed one soccer team to deliver pizzas and strum guitars at void decks right? :rolleyes: