• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Egypt president's son, family flee to Britain

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Egypt president's son, family flee to Britain
Cairo, Jan 26 (IANS/AKI)

Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak's son who is considered as his successor has fled to Britain along with his family, US-based Arabic website Akhbar al-Arab reported.

The plane with Gamal Mubarak, his wife and daughter on board left for London Tuesday from an airport in western Cairo, the website said.

The report came as violent unrest broke out in Cairo and other Egyptian cities and hundreds of thousands of people reportedly took to the streets in a Tunisia-inspired day of revolt. The protesters want Egyptian government to end its 30-year state of emergency and pass a law preventing a president from serving more than two terms, and want the interior minister Habib al-Adly, to resign.

Protests in Egypt broke out after opposition groups waged an internet campaign inspired by the Tunisian uprising. Weeks of unrest in Tunisia eventually toppled president Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali earlier this month.

A police officer was killed in clashes Tuesday in central Cairo, Egyptian daily al-Wafd reported.Over 30,000 protesters gathered in Cairo's Maidan al-Tahrir square to take part in the "day of anger", the spokesman for Egypt's '6 April' opposition movement, Mohammed Adel, said.

"Police used tear gas and water canon to break up our protest and they arrested 40 of us, but we don't have official figures on the numbers of arrests across Egypt," said Adel. Supporters of the '6 April' movement, the opposition al-Ghad party, the outlawed Muslim Brotherhood, the al-Wafd party and supporters of former UN nuclear watchdog chief Mohammed El Baradei took part in the protest.

Al-Wafd daily said police arrested 600 people during Tuesday's protests in Cairo, Alexandria, Port Said, Tantan, al-Mahala, Asiut, al-Bahira and al-Quium. More than 200,000 people took part in protests in these cities. US secretary of state Hillary Clinton said Tuesday Washington believed the Egyptian government was stable and urged restraint on both sides.

Gatchaman Jun G-3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rephrase:

I hope that a revolution will happen in SG to overthrow elites, without casualties to citizens

Sorry if you guys misinterpretered.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
on the first day of protest, i dun believe the story, maybe he already plan this trip months ago.

all you need to quell the protest is to machine gun them down.

hahaho

Alfrescian
Loyal
on the first day of protest, i dun believe the story, maybe he already plan this trip months ago.

all you need to quell the protest is to machine gun them down.

Things can get out of hand very fast.

Maybe he fear that the opposition would have made advance
plans to prevent any future escape.
Nobody can be trusted , when situation becomes critical.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Things can get out of hand very fast.

Maybe he fear that the opposition would have made advance
plans to prevent any future escape.
Nobody can be trusted , when situation becomes critical.

probably lies on the web.

motormafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rephrase:

I hope that a revolution will happen in SG to overthrow elites, without casualties to citizens

Sorry if you guys misinterpretered.

Greedy!

I hope to get salary without doing work, I hope to strike 4D without even buying a number too. Don't pay any necessary price, and you hope to get the rewards?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
don't have to hope or pray...

nature will take its course - all in due time....meanwhile take care and look after yourself and your family.....the world will continue to spin with or without singapore...