• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Kuan Yew urges Muslims to 'be less strict'

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.mysinchew.com/node/51920

Lee Kuan Yew urges Muslims to 'be less strict'

2011-01-23 16:57

By Philip Lim

SINGAPORE, Sunday 23 January 2011 (AFP) -- Singapore's founding father Lee Kuan Yew has urged local Muslims to "be less strict on Islamic observances" to aid integration and the city-state's nation-building process.

Singapore has a predominantly Chinese population, with minority races including Muslim Malays and Indians, and Lee has always stressed the importance of racial harmony.

"I would say today, we can integrate all religions and races except Islam," he said in "Lee Kuan Yew: Hard Truths to Keep Singapore Going," a new book containing his typically frank views on the city-state and its future.

"I think we were progressing very nicely until the surge of Islam came and if you asked me for my observations, the other communities have easier integration -- friends, intermarriages and so on..." he stated.

"I think the Muslims socially do not cause any trouble, but they are distinct and separate," Lee added, calling on the community to "be less strict on Islamic observances."
During the book's launch on Friday, the self-described "pragmatist" warned Singaporeans against complacency, saying the largely ethnic Chinese republic was still a nation in the making.

Describing Singapore in the book as an "80-storey building on marshy land," Lee said it must contend with hostility from larger Muslim neighbours.

"We've got friendly neighbours? Grow up... There is this drive to put us down because we are interlopers," he said, citing alleged Malaysian and Indonesian efforts to undermine Singapore's crucial port business.

Singapore was ejected from the Malaysian federation in 1965 in large part due to Kuala Lumpur's preferential policies for ethnic Malays, and has since built up Southeast Asia's most modern military to deter foreign aggression.

Turning to local politics, Lee said the ruling People's Action Party (PAP), which has been in power since 1959 when Singapore gained political autonomy from colonial ruler Britain, will someday lose its grip on power.

"There will come a time when eventually the public will say, look, let's try the other side, either because the PAP has declined in quality or the opposition has put up a team which is equal to the PAP... That day will come."

"In the next 10 years to 20 years, I don't think it'll happen. Beyond that, I cannot tell."

Lee said that despite a survey showing the contrary, he believed Singaporeans were not yet ready for a non-ethnic-Chinese prime minister.

"A poll says 90 percent of Chinese Singaporeans say they will elect a non-Chinese as PM. Yes, this is the ideal. You believe these polls? Utter rubbish. They say what is politically correct," he stated.

He also defended the policy of promoting marriage between highly-educated Singaporeans, a policy seen by critics as a form of social engineering, and dismissed the notion of love at first sight.

"People get educated, the bright ones rise, they marry equally well-educated spouses. The result is their children are likely to be smarter than the children of those who are gardeners," he said.

"It's a fact of life. You get a good mare, you don't want a dud stallion to breed with your good mare. You get a poor foal."

People who are "attracted by physical characteristics" may regret it, he said.

Lee also revealed that he had donated to charity all his earnings of S$13 million ($10 million) since stepping down as prime minister in 1990 after 31 years in power.

Singapore's cabinet ministers are the highest paid in the world as part of a strategy to prevent corruption and attract talent from the private sector.

Lee, who holds the special title Minister Mentor, now serves as an adviser to his son Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, who came to power in 2004.

Amid all the hard-edged talk, Lee showed his tender side when asked about his late wife Kwa Geok Choo, who died aged 89 in October last year.

"It means more solitude. No one to talk to when the day's work is done," Lee said in the book, the result of exclusive interviews with journalists from the country's leading daily, The Straits Times.

Spiky

Alfrescian
Loyal

MM Lee is right about this.

All the super chiobus I know, on the average, are bad wife materials. Their children are badly brought up and do badly in school. These swee chabos are more concerned about their manicures than whether their households are well taken care of.

Also, lots of them are screwing behind their husbands' back.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
LKY is a wise man and he's obviously taken heed of all the dire predictions that I've been making over the years.

I've mentioned a thousand times over that a small Island of 3 million Chinamen in a sea of 250 million muslims isn't exactly a recipe for long term stability and security.

My advice is to learn Malay, get yourselves circumcised and hope for the best when the day of reckoning arrives. :rolleyes:

Spiky

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY is a wise man and he's obviously taken heed of all the dire predictions that I've been making over the years.

I've mentioned a thousand times over that a small Island of 3 million Chinamen in a sea of 250 million muslims isn't exactly a recipe for long term stability and security.

My advice is to learn Malay, get yourselves circumcised and hope for the best when the day of reckoning arrives. :rolleyes:

Learning Malay - I have done that.

Get circumcised - no way, I am pro-Israel

...day of reckoning arrives - I guess I am dead-meat when that happens :p

Migrating to western-populated countries ? - I am a gook to them, so likely I will be brutally marginalised.

knightriderz

Alfrescian
Loyal

Migrating to western-populated countries ? - I am a gook to them, so likely I will be brutally marginalised.

Eh for a pro-Israeli, u r nt v well informed ah. e Jews aso circumsise

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Aren't Jews circumcised as well? :confused:

Spiky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aren't Jews circumcised as well? :confused:

Haha. I know this. :p

What Sam was referring to was circumcise into the muslim faith so that when our muslim neighbours attack us after MM Lee is gone, muslim-converts will be spared.

I'd rather be martyred than to be a muslim.

Spiky

Alfrescian
Loyal
For that matter, before I get martyred, I'd like to pour as many hot bullets into the bodies of jihadists-assailants as possible.

I am not interested to protect FTs in Singapore, (screw the FTs) but if assailants are muslim-jihadists, I am all game. I was quite a sharp-shooter when in NS. I will probably ejaculate each time I shoot a jihadist with an M16.

How did a reply to a threat on marrying dumb blondes ended up like this ? :p

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal

Islam is a problem and will always remain a problem until widespread poverty is eradicated....worldwide.
Extremists are a big headache in Islamic countries.....

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At this point in the thread it is clear the Grate Leeder has pushed at least one correct button to win you guys over.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
"We've got friendly neighbours? Grow up... There is this drive to put us down because we are interlopers," he said, citing alleged Malaysian and Indonesian efforts to undermine Singapore's crucial port business."

i thought competition is good for consumers.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha. I know this. :p

What Sam was referring to was circumcise into the muslim faith so that when our muslim neighbours attack us after MM Lee is gone, muslim-converts will be spared.

I'd rather be martyred than to be a muslim.

I though dun mind cutting away my foreskin if i can have a harem of wives :biggrin:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

U are better off pitching StrongVPN la!

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

All the super chiobus I know, on the average, are bad wife materials. Their children are badly brought up and do badly in school. These swee chabos are more concerned about their manicures than whether their households are well taken care of.

go get an ugly looking woman then. after getting her, you will be fucking behind her back.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hey moron singapore doesn't just consist of muslims and chinese whom don't belong to any single religion.

What about the other minorities like hindus and so on?

Lastly i'm sure you aren't muslim, why did you leave sg?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing wrong for lky to say this about muslims. If not we would get jihad attacks you should know what muzzies do in countries where they are minorities and they always cause trouble.

If they were strict we would be seeing ninjas everywhere. Heavily bearded morons, noisy prayers, idiots praying 5 times everyday and then no alcohol, no cinemas and so on no nothing.

Spiky

Alfrescian
Loyal
go get an ugly looking woman then. after getting her, you will be fucking behind her back.

:smile: That's the idea. Get a good, sensible, responsible woman with average looks and very good character. You know your household will be well taken care of.

As for having a harem, no need. Harems are everywhere in Sinkapore, in the KTVs with butterfly system :biggrin: There are KTVs where hostesses are young Malay girls. No need to circumcise.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal

For that matter, before I get martyred, I'd like to pour as many hot bullets into the bodies of jihadists-assailants as possible.

I am not interested to protect FTs in Singapore, (screw the FTs) but if assailants are muslim-jihadists, I am all game. I was quite a sharp-shooter when in NS. I will probably ejaculate each time I shoot a jihadist with an M16.

How did a reply to a threat on marrying dumb blondes ended up like this ? :p

:smile: That's the idea. Get a good, sensible, responsible woman with average looks and very good character. You know your household will be well taken care of.

As for having a harem, no need. Harems are everywhere in Sinkapore, in the KTVs with butterfly system :biggrin: There are KTVs where hostesses are young Malay girls. No need to circumcise.

Why are you guys so stupid? Ugly women can also screw around and who says that average looks will have good character? :cool:

What is good character anyway? If I was a guy, I'd pick the hot type are my wife. If I have to look at another average looking person at home, I'd rather not get married. :p:smile: