• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Reform Party - new heights of arrogance

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Meanwhile some of the alternative parties are almost silent online, whilst some take their presence in the new media so seriously that they seem indistinguishable from the very same sites which exist merely to comment on political agendas. Others such as the Workers Party famously ban their candidates from commenting on blogs in their own names."

Extracts from Reform Party article

http://votingrp.wordpress.com/2011/01/13/why-the-gazetting-of-toc-should-be-a-wake-up-call/

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Meanwhile some of the alternative parties are almost silent online, whilst some take their presence in the new media so seriously that they seem indistinguishable from the very same sites which exist merely to comment on political agendas. Others such as the Workers Party famously ban their candidates from commenting on blogs in their own names."

Extracts from Reform Party article

http://votingrp.wordpress.com/2011/01/13/why-the-gazetting-of-toc-should-be-a-wake-up-call/

I have to disagree with you.

After reading the whole writeup, i find the potion you have cited to be not arrogant but speaking of a matter of fact.

GE is coming. Its best to place your focus on area where it matters.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

After reading the whole writeup, i find the potion you have cited to be not arrogant but speaking of a matter of fact.

Arrogance and facts are not opposites. This isn't about whether RP is telling the facts but 1) telling other opposition what to do when it has focused not as much on PAP 2) what have they themselves have done (other than speak rubbish on Facebook like Kenneth J?).

Even for facts, tell me if SDP "is indistinguishable from the very same sites which exist merely to comment on political agendas" and WP "ban their candidates from commenting on blogs in their own names" are facts. SDP already held 2 rallies before RP copied their idea and when did WP ever ban their candidates from blogs?

You should go tell your advice to RP, to focus on areas where it matters. Their next challenge is to pull a surprise on opposition parties at their rally. Why don't they think about pulling a surprise on PAP?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I doubt RP is solely interested in PAP and therefore not focusing on the latter. RP is looking at all political parties as their competitor not just PAP. Although all oppostion has a common 'enemy' but all opposition is each their own.

Preventing their members from commenting in blogs using their own name is to ensure that liability would not be on the party if the members write silly comments in the blogs which either make the party sound stupid or possible lawsuit by certain people.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[COLOR="_______"]Unless Singapore is a free society, we should not be asking too much from the oppositon parties. We have seen how reporters tried to add salts and peppers on opposition to make them feel bad before election. Singaporeans should not follow the styles of local reporters but Singaporeans play a vital role if they want change which will directly influence the opposition parties to do much much better with resounding mandate. As far as I can see, they just need your votes to work on their agenda to form a compensionate government. Only than, we can judge them better but not now.[/COLOR]

giggity_shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt RP is solely interested in PAP and therefore not focusing on the latter. RP is looking at all political parties as their competitor not just PAP. Although all oppostion has a common 'enemy' but all opposition is each their own.

Preventing their members from commenting in blogs using their own name is to ensure that liability would not be on the party if the members write silly comments in the blogs which either make the party sound stupid or possible lawsuit by certain people.

Its a branding issue and RP is branding itself not only as alternative to PAP but a reformed version of opposition parties that have struggled over the decades.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The only good impression that I have on RP is that it has managed to ride on the the good work done by JBJ. As for KJ, I heard he is different from his father. Not many people in the party really "loved" him but needed him for the "JBJ's son" branding per se. I was told he can be rather 'hard' at his people and some find him sobbish but only to his own people.

Its a branding issue and RP is branding itself not only as alternative to PAP but a reformed version of opposition parties that have struggled over the decades.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
[COLOR="_______"]Unless Singapore is a free society, we should not be asking too much from the oppositon parties. We have seen how reporters tried to add salts and peppers on opposition to make them feel bad before election. Singaporeans should not follow the styles of local reporters but Singaporeans play a vital role if they want change which will directly influence the opposition parties to do much much better with resounding mandate. As far as I can see, they just need your votes to work on their agenda to form a compensionate government. Only than, we can judge them better but not now.[/COLOR]

This is always the usual mantra. It's nothing to do with expecting too much. When I expect a party not to emulate or surpass PAP's arrogance, that is expecting very little. How difficult is it not to do it?

Just because I have no expectation on the opposition doesn't mean murderers and child-rapists should help themselves to the opposition plate. It's very easy not to murder or rape a child, unless you are telling me otherwise. I would even vote for those who sent 4 planes past the twin towers, but they should be driving planes and stay away from my ward.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal

I fully endorse yr stand,it is the way for any one responsible to do!

giggity_shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only good impression that I have on RP is that it has managed to ride on the the good work done by JBJ. As for KJ, I heard he is different from his father. Not many people in the party really "loved" him but needed him for the "JBJ's son" branding per se. I was told he can be rather 'hard' at his people and some find him sobbish but only to his own people.

Yes, he has built a reputation for being arrogant and aloof. Many predict he will disappear if he does not do well in this GE.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No one's perfect. KJ may be snobbish, unlikely to be buddy to his voters etc. That is ok. He can leave the 'grassroot' stuff to his RP members.

We need KJ in Parliament to question the ruling party on matters which CST, LTK and SL aren't fully comfortable with. With his academic credentials and work experience, KJ will greatly value-add to matters pertaining to economics and finance. The pluses far outweighs the minuses.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one's perfect. KJ may be snobbish, unlikely to be buddy to his voters etc. That is ok. He can leave the 'grassroot' stuff to his RP members.

We need KJ in Parliament to question the ruling party on matters which CST, LTK and SL aren't fully comfortable with. With his academic credentials and work experience, KJ will greatly value-add to matters pertaining to economics and finance. The pluses far outweighs the minuses.
I fully agree with yr view!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I fully agree with yr view!

Thank you, sir.

MM doesn't connect to the ground. He leaves the MPSs to Koo Tsai Kee. If Francis Seow and company were elected at Eunos, I also don't see FS as someone able to connect to the ground. If these people can, it is only artificial. Honestly, how many MIW can really connect with their voters? You need kopitiam MPs for that. And we don't have many.

We should capitalise on the strength of KJ. His weaknesses can be minimised with proper back-up by his members and supporters. No MP is perfect.

Rimururu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong with him being arrogant, as long as he gets his policies right. History has shown that arrogant men + humble men still can make a good team. US Army during WWII has arrogant men like Douglas MacArthur and George S Patton, likewise there are humble men like Dwight D Eisenhower and Omar Bradley.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing wrong with him being arrogant, as long as he gets his policies right. History has shown that arrogant men + humble men still can make a good team. US Army during WWII has arrogant men like Douglas MacArthur and George S Patton, likewise there are humble men like Dwight D Eisenhower and Omar Bradley.

Even if KJ's real motivation to enter the political arena is not noble (seeking revenge for his papa), I am all for it as long as his entry to politics and Parliament serves the overall good of the people. He should be able to value-add to what is taking place in parliament today. I think the Ministers will have a hard time dealing with him. He is witty, intelligent and courageous. A great pity his brother is not involved.

Rimururu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if KJ's real motivation to enter the political arena is not noble (seeking revenge for his papa), I am all for it as long as his entry to politics and Parliament serves the overall good of the people. He should be able to value-add to what is taking place in parliament today. I think the Ministers will have a hard time dealing with him. He is witty, intelligent and courageous. A great pity his brother is not involved.
He is just like the young LKY. UK-educated, proficient in English and slightly arrogant. I don't care about his attitude, so long he takes care of Singaporeans. He can be a faggot/adulterer and I will not even blink.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes indeed. good leaders should be judged on how he leads the country, not by his private life.

Agree. If judged by private lives, at least 3 MIW should not be around then. I am referring to a Minister and 2 MPs. But they are still doing alright.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Arrogance and facts are not opposites. This isn't about whether RP is telling the facts but 1) telling other opposition what to do when it has focused not as much on PAP 2) what have they themselves have done (other than speak rubbish on Facebook like Kenneth J?).

I agree with you here on this.

Kenneth Jeya is leading RP like an annoying child, thinking of himself as the centre of the universe and having no regard for the feelings/dignity of others. A lot of soft skills are absent.

I can imagine it is hard to cooperate with such an oppo personality, or to be an effective member of the party under such circumstances.