• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Maradona talks up Premier League job

H

Han Solo

Maradona talks up Premier League job

10 January 2011

12427206170.jpg

Argentine football legend Diego Maradona has confirmed he is meeting with an English Premier League club to discuss a manager role.

The 50-year-old did not name the club which is interested in hiring him, but said he will travel to England to discuss finer details before any deal is confirmed.

"In February I'm going to England to listen to a firm offer. If they convince me, I may take it up," he said at a press conference in Argentina, as reported by local media outlets La Nacion and Clarin.

"I'm not desperate (but) I know that someday I'll be the coach again of some team."

The announcement from the former Argentina manager will do nothing to inhibit speculation about which club he is planning to meet with.

Maradona has not managed a football team since being sacked as the boss of the Argentinian national team following their quarter-final exit at the 2010 World Cup, and has expressed his desire since to return to coaching.