• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Super Light Sentence for Ang Moh Thief!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dec 31, 2010

Brit businessman fined for Christmas shoplifting

<!-- by line -->By Khushwant Singh
<!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar -->
courtstoday.jpg
Antony Karl Pugh, 32, was fined $1,000 for shoplifting.

<!-- story content : start -->
HE WAS caught stealing four bottles of Heineken beer from a 7-Eleven store in River Valley Road on Christmas Day.
Released on bail, Antony Karl Pugh, 32, was at it again a day later.
A store security officer saw the British businessman opening and drinking a 187ml bottle of Jacob's Creek wine in the NTUC Fairprice store in City Square Mall in Kitchener Road.
Pugh then attempted to leave the store carrying a bag of five oranges and a big bottle of Rosemount wine stuffed in the back pocket of his jeans, without paying for any of the items.
In court on Friday, Pugh, who arrived here on Dec 11, said he was intoxicated. He was fined $1,000.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember a case where a foreign student in Canada who was caught shop lifting had to leave Canada because of the conviction.

So did this convicted criminal have to leave Spore :confused:

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember a case where a foreign student in Canada who was caught shop lifting had to leave Canada because of the conviction.

So did this convicted criminal have to leave Spore :confused:

He will be ordered to spend 10K in NTUC outlets and Halimah will give him a solid BJ when leave airport !! :eek::biggrin::biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Committing a similar offence while on bail and let off with 1k fine is a slap on the face of S'poreans. Try doing it yourself and see if you get a 1k fine too.

Thought the Great S'pore Sale was over. Boxing Day Sale also over and yet our courts are on sale.

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember a similar case of an indian drunk who was caught shoplifting in 7-11 also.
I think he opened a can of beer and start drinking it or something. Can't remember his sentence but my guess is he got alot more than this "British Businessman".

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
why no canings on his bare buttocks?

He should be sentenced to life imprisonment like this African-American who had to spend 16 years in an American jail for armed robbery of US$11.

JACKSON, Miss. – A debate is unfolding over an unusual offer from Mississippi's governor: He will free two sisters imprisoned for an armed robbery that netted $11, but one woman's release requires her to donate her kidney to the other......

The sisters are black, and their case has been a cause celebre in the state's African-American community.

The Scotts were convicted in 1994 of leading two men into an ambush in central Mississippi the year before. Three teenagers hit each man in the head with a shotgun and took their wallets — making off with only $11, court records said.

After 16 years in prison, Jamie Scott, 36, is on daily dialysis, which officials say costs the state about $200,000 a year.

Full Story:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101230/ap_on_re_us/us_sisters_pardon_kidney

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dec 31, 2010

Brit businessman fined for Christmas shoplifting

HE WAS caught stealing four bottles of Heineken beer from a 7-Eleven store in River Valley Road on Christmas Day.
Released on bail, Antony Karl Pugh, 32, was at it again a day later.
A store security officer saw the British businessman opening and drinking a 187ml bottle of Jacob's Creek wine in the NTUC Fairprice store in City Square Mall in Kitchener Road.
Pugh then attempted to leave the store carrying a bag of five oranges and a big bottle of Rosemount wine stuffed in the back pocket of his jeans, without paying for any of the items.
In court on Friday, Pugh, who arrived here on Dec 11, said he was intoxicated. He was fined $1,000.

Someone should test the fairness of the courts by doing exactly the same thing as the Brit businessman - steal 4 bootles of Heineken beer from a 7-Eleven store in River Valley Road on Christmas Day, then open and drink a 187ml bottle of Jacob's Creek wine in the NTUC Fairprice store in City Square Mall in Kitchener Road. Then leave the store carrying a bag of five oranges and a big bottle of Rosemount wine stuffed in the back pocket of his jeans, without paying for any of the items.

Make sure to be caught and arrested and charged in court.

It should be interesting, this case.

I said someone and no, I don't mean me.

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
what a cheapo Ang Moh... want to drink alcohol but don't want to pay. Ask him to go KTV and open some whiskey bottles there!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone should test the fairness of the courts by doing exactly the same thing as the Brit businessman - steal 4 bootles of Heineken beer from a 7-Eleven store in River Valley Road on Christmas Day, then open and drink a 187ml bottle of Jacob's Creek wine in the NTUC Fairprice store in City Square Mall in Kitchener Road. Then leave the store carrying a bag of five oranges and a big bottle of Rosemount wine stuffed in the back pocket of his jeans, without paying for any of the items.

Make sure to be caught and arrested and charged in court.

It should be interesting, this case.

I said someone and no, I don't mean me.

Make sure the second offence is committed while on bail.