• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Postal Service Totally Breaks Down!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ST Forum

Home > ST Forum > Online Story

Jan 1, 2011

Speedpost adds insult to injury

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
I WAS expecting a parcel from Japan to be delivered to my place at a pre-determined time slot of 2pm to 6pm on Dec 21. However, the delivery came late and I was not able to be around to receive the parcel.
I arranged for the parcel to be redelivered a week later within the same time slot. To my dismay, the second delivery failed to arrive before 6pm again. I called the customer service hotline and was attended to by an officer who promised to look into my case and give me a return call for an update. The call never came, and I left my place at 6.30pm.
On returning home, I was appalled when I saw a delivery advice which said the redelivery was attempted at 6pm - when I was on the line with the customer service officer. Such outright dishonesty.
I wrote an e-mail to the customer service department and was outraged when they merely arranged for another 2pm to 6pm time slot for my parcel to be delivered for the third time.
Edwin Low

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jan 1, 2011

Slow and inefficient delivery

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
ON DEC 15 and 18, I sent two parcels to the United States by Speedpost. Because of the festive season, we were told it could take up to 10 days. We could track the status of our parcels via the website for regular updates.
But I was very upset when I accessed the website to find that my parcels were still at the sorting and processing centre on Christmas Day. They had not even left Singapore when my US counterpart checked with the United States Postal Service.
The Speedpost manager, Mr Yeo, assured me that he would look into the matter. On Tuesday, he called to say that the parcels would be sent via DHL immediately that night. However, the next day, I received yet another call from him asking about the contents of the parcels and other details.
What happened to the efficiency we were so proud of?
Lee Bee Cheng (Ms)

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
phpM3G57O.jpg

You asking me? *hee*hee*

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
I received my post as usual - no problem. Recently received a post from Australia on the dot - track through internet - no problem.

How can a postal system that has "totally break down" still able to deliver my post?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
I received my post as usual - no problem. Recently received a post from Australia on the dot - track through internet - no problem.

How can a postal system that has "totally break down" still able to deliver my post?

There must be many complains.
singpost has admitted they have problems with parcel delivery and are taking actions.
Not sure if it is just PR wayang....

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha..if u read post#2....it seems that speedpost also sent thru DHL...

I've ordered things from the US using DHL as the delivery agent. Got things within 3 to 4 days. You can even track the package on the DHL websit using the order tracking number.

This speedpost/DHL case is a hybrid service where Speedpost is responsible for delivery on the Spore side & DHL is responsible for the US end. I find that deliveries using the hybrid service takes much, very much longer, about 30 days.

Pretty sure that the delay is on Spore side :(

I've sent registered mail from Spore to the US which were lost. The only reason I found out it was lost was because the US side never got it & when I checked with the post office they confirmed it was lost.

Very good reason why they are loosing customers:mad: I avoid using their services except to send Xmas cards:rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha..johnny, time to change to electronic greetings totally....

Dunno if you've ever done Xmas decorations before but other than the Xmas tree, people would also display received Xmas cards as part of Xmas decorations. This adds to the Xmas mood :smile:

Sending an email might be more efficient but lacks the personal touch. Even electronic postcards can't replace the real thing.

tua lam pah

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is wrong with our society is that, in all industries the actual person doing the dirty work is grossly underpaid so he does not give a shit or take pride in his work.... the senior 'management' fat cats do fuck off and get most of the profits.....

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what is wrong with our society is that, in all industries the actual person doing the dirty work is grossly underpaid so he does not give a shit or take pride in his work.... the senior 'management' fat cats do fuck off and get most of the profits.....

It's called outsourcing :biggrin:

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am used to their antics. The postman usual trick is to knock ever so slightly and quickly scurried away after leaving an attempted delivery note. Singpost never bother to think how much resources are wasted when people have to take time off to go to their Eunos post centre to collect. Never write emails to customer service. They will reply asking for more details two working days later and this continues forever until you tire out. The only way to complain is go to the post office and demand to see their harried manager. He will give you a resigned look and give you the postmen supervisor. But this guy is a tai-chi king in disguise. He will say your poodle pup scares the muslim postman off. The postmen are contractors who work for peanuts and air so no point pushing so hard. He only make sure your mail box is stuffed with spam mails.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've occasionally ordered from Amazon etc. before. Small packet items like books and CDs. Sent by standard air mail, from USPS to SingPost to me. No problem.

Anyway, the days of mass letter postings are over after the advent of e-mail. There're still letters and items must be physically mailed, e.g. original documents, cheques etc. but the common letters and cards between friends and relatives have been mostly phased off. One telling sign is that stamp collecting as hobby and as industry have also died off. Nobody uses postage stamps that often anymore to make them collectible. The regular bills and letters we receive from banks, companies and government departments are all machine franked. That's why SingPost has to find other businesses to do, e.g. moneylending, insurance broking etc.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Nobody uses postage stamps that often anymore to make them collectible ...
dat makes it even mor collectible ...

dun throw ur stamp album away juz yet if u stil have 1 ... kip it ... nax time wen u look @ it, u get 2 experiens ze same feeling as ah swee say has wen he c his cpf a/c evry mth ... :o

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dat makes it even mor collectible ...

dun throw ur stamp album away juz yet if u stil have 1 ... kip it ... nax time wen u look @ it, u get 2 experiens ze same feeling as ah swee say has wen he c his cpf a/c evry mth ... :o

Perhaps as artifact and even more valuable than as hobby. But too late, I've sold my schoolday stamp albums and FDCs long ago to a philatelic shop. I don't think that you can find philatelic shops around nowadays.

mayb dey shud consider using kuku birds 2 send 4 dem ... it may even b faster 2 ... :eek:

He's not a pigeon, he's a kukubird. Everything he couriers goes to his gugu.