• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore JI leader may be in Indonesia - police

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
JAKARTA, July 12 - A suspected Islamic militant believed to head a Singapore cell of regional network Jemaah Islamiah may be hiding in Indonesia, where he could blend in more easily, Indonesia's police chief said on Saturday.

Mas Selamat bin Kastari escaped from a Singapore detention centre in February, where he was being held for allegedly plotting to crash a plane into Singapore's airport.

Singapore officials have previously expressed concern Kastari might try to hook up again with the JI network, blamed for the 2002 nightclub bombings in Bali that killed 202 people.

Asked whether Kastari might be hiding in Indonesia, Indonesian police chief Sutanto told reporters: "It's possible."

He added that language and cultural similarities meant the fugitive would be able to blend in more easily.

"If he moved to Europe he would be caught," he added.

Kastari's escape embarrassed Singapore authorities and sparked a massive manhunt on the island which saw Nepali Gurkhas combing forests and a global security alert from Interpol.

Sutanto said police were still investigating a network of suspected militants detained recently in Palembang on Indonesia's Sumatra island.

The group of 10 were detained in raids by Indonesia's anti-terrorism unit and a large cache of bombs was found.

The raids followed the capture of a suspected militant, who police said was a bomb-making expert linked to Kastari, after a tip-off by authorities in Singapore.

Police said the group was suspected of being involved in plans to bomb a cafe in Bukittinggi, a popular tourist resort in West Sumatra.

JI, which wants to create an Islamic caliphate in Southeast Asia, carried out a string of deadly attacks in recent years in Indonesia.

But there have been no major attacks for more than two years and a series of raids, often involving Detachment 88, a police unit funded and trained by the United States and Australia, have led to the arrest of hundreds of militant suspects. (Reporting by Telly Nathalia; Writing by Ed Davies; Editing by Jerry Norton)

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/200807...t-c3bb44c.html

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have always wonder did Mas Selamat really escaped from the detention centre ? With the tight security on him (i assumed) how can he possibly escape in the 1st place? And yet till now, the local police with the help of SAF still cannot catch him ?:confused: Hmmm.......

Any bros would like to express your own opinions about this ?:p

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
MSK would'nt have been able to escape if the security measures that were supposely in place were functioning:mad: My guess is with the training that he had recieved, he would have done his sums and put whatever he needed to making his break a success.

The 11 mins head start he had would have put him miles ahead of all the mata. If our Gurkhas with their experience in jungle tracking could'nt even pick up a trail.....what do you think:eek:

My guess is that he is LONG gone liao.....:rolleyes:

glock

Alfrescian
Loyal
gone or not, both not good.

gone = singapore border easy to cross even when "high security"

not gone = ENOUGH JI SUPPORTER IN SINGAPORE ready to risk their self to keep him safe

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
gone or not, both not good.

gone = singapore border easy to cross even when "high security"

not gone = ENOUGH JI SUPPORTER IN SINGAPORE ready to risk their self to keep him safe

You damn right bro! But I find the second one to be worst. :eek:

kiko

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the JI leader may be still in singapore, may not be true that he has escape .. He may be also hiding in some small islands!

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the JI leader may be still in singapore, may not be true that he has escape .. He may be also hiding in some small islands!

Well if the other rumour is true his body is still in Singapore. Hear that he died and his escape was a cover up. :biggrin:

Mike1234

til now, i stil cant believe he escaped. from toilet window?
Singapore leh, so jialat meh?
i rather believe its a conspiracy theory. so disappointed with the security leh.
haiz, others must be still luffing at us..reputation gone :mad:

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
i rather believe its a conspiracy theory. so disappointed with the security leh.

Others laughing @ us is secondary (since it's a fact now) but i dun believe he can escaped juz like tat given his 'status' and e tight security. Felt e same as u, more of a conspiracy tingy. :cool:

High Command

Alfrescian
Loyal

Could be worst. He threatened the guards and rather than risk their lives they fell on their knees and begged him not to hurt them. :biggrin: Interestingly enough since no video has surfaced bragging about his escape I can only have 2 conclusions. One he is still at large (hiding in some toilet?) or two he is already dead (died of starvation who knows?)

weekeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMHO, MSK left the country the very same day he escaped back in Feb.. might be selling nasi lemak in Tg Pinang now

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
MHA says no intelligence to suggest Mas Selamat is in Indonesia
Posted: 12 July 2008 2046 hrs

SINGAPORE: Singapore's Home Affairs Ministry says that to date, there has been no intelligence or information to suggest that escaped Jemaah Islamiyah leader Mas Selamat Kastari is in Indonesia.

The ministry made the statement following a media report that Mas Selamat might be hiding in Indonesia.

Indonesia's police chief Sutanto was quoted as saying it was possible for Mas Selamat to be in Indonesia as language and cultural similarities meant the fugitive would be able to blend in more easily.

Mas Selamat escaped from Singapore's Whitley Road Detention Centre in February this year.

Singapore authorities said they would continue to work closely with their Indonesian counterparts and other security and intelligence partners in their on-going security operation to locate and apprehend him.

- CNA/ir

..........:cool: