• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Simple Question

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My car was broken into last night, some stuff stolen.

It was a sloppy thief as he left oily fingerprints all over. I highlight to the police but they did not bother with the fingerprints.

What i want to know is as every singaporean has their prints recorded in ic database and even some foreigners pass thru customs have had their fingerprints scan. How come with fingerprints cannot track down the culprit?

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal

It was a sloppy thief as he left oily fingerprints all over. I highlight to the police but they did not bother with the fingerprints.

What i want to know is as every singaporean has their prints recorded in ic database and even some foreigners pass thru customs have had their fingerprints scan. How come with fingerprints cannot track down the culprit?

Fuck you!
You expect the police to make an arrest based on finger prints????
What if this fucker faked some finger prints????

Even US don't store finger prints of all citizens. It is against privacy laws and their decision to store fingerprints of passport holders already riled their own citizens.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some years ago, when i reported that my car kena ransacked
the police don't even want to take a look at my car.
Months later i received a letter from them saying that
the burglar has been caught. Case closed.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some years ago, when i reported that my car kena ransacked
the police don't even want to take a look at my car.
Months later i received a letter from them saying that
the burglar has been caught. Case closed.

When your virginity is taken by a rapist, are you able to get it back and become a virgin again?

:biggrin: :rolleyes:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
for that question ...you have to ask your own mother or wive ...:biggrin::wink:

your prostitute wife and comfort woman mum cannot provide you the answer because they have served too many customers in her life? or you don't understand her japanese when she is trying to explain? :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maybe you've watched too much CSI. Fingerprint-taking seldom leads to case solved. In your case, so many could have left prints on your car all over it. Even if you insist that you drive alone without passengers at all times, stranger passers-by could still leave prints on your car by mere touch. If the police is to take all fingerprints on your car, they'd have to compound it for a few days if you understand the dusting for fingerprint process. Thereafter, many of your friends and relatives would be called up for nothing except wasting their time and police time.

Fingerprint dusting is usually only done at a murder scene around the victim on some selectively suspicious fixtures or items, particularly if the weapon is left at scene. with no guaranteed result too. It's not practically possible to dust for fingerprints around whole house or whole car even if there's a dead body there.

The police has no access to IC fingerprints anyway unless in extreme cases when the minister authorises. Anyway, civil records have thumb prints only. The police uses criminal records database. Half prints are legally inadmissible, e.g. tip of finger, not full finger. There must be one full phalanx. Criminal records come with all ten full fingerprints if you've been police or been convicted before you'll know.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
your prostitute wife and comfort woman mum cannot provide you the answer because they have served too many customers in her life? or you don't understand her japanese when she is trying to explain? :biggrin:

dun be piss that everyone here knows that your mother kena ass rip by the japanese ...:biggrin::wink: no matter what she still your mother ...although your father prefer to leave her . :biggrin::wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
they know nuts. His father is gay and his mother is transvestite. :p

wahahaha...:biggrin::wink: bro , not only hes mother is a tranvestite ...but also a ugly tranvestite :biggrin: . his father give up his mother just because she kena bukake by the japanese man after they know she is not a woman after all . :biggrin::wink:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe you've watched too much CSI. Fingerprint-taking seldom leads to case solved. In your case, so many could have left prints on your car all over it. Even if you insist that you drive alone without passengers at all times, stranger passers-by could still leave prints on your car by mere touch. If the police is to take all fingerprints on your car, they'd have to compound it for a few days if you understand the dusting for fingerprint process. Thereafter, many of your friends and relatives would be called up for nothing except wasting their time and police time.

Fingerprint dusting is usually only done at a murder scene around the victim on some selectively suspicious fixtures or items, particularly if the weapon is left at scene. with no guaranteed result too. It's not practically possible to dust for fingerprints around whole house or whole car even if there's a dead body there.

The police has no access to IC fingerprints anyway unless in extreme cases when the minister authorises. Anyway, civil records have thumb prints only. The police uses criminal records database. Half prints are legally inadmissible, e.g. tip of finger, not full finger. There must be one full phalanx. Criminal records come with all ten full fingerprints if you've been police or been convicted before you'll know.

Yes i think i watched one too many episodes of CSI.
So unless its murder case, the police won't bother with the prints then.
Thank you for your reply.

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal

wahlaneh...
some people are born without fingerprints u know?
so possibly those fingerprints could have been imprinted or could be ur own fingerprints then how? arrest urself meh?:confused:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes i think i watched one too many episodes of CSI.
So unless its murder case, the police won't bother with the prints then.
Thank you for your reply.

There's no hard-and-fast rule on cases less serious than murder. Only SCU (Scene of Crime Unit, known in US as CSI) are trained to dust for fingerprints. Patrol police and even investigation officers (IO) in charge of the cases are not. It's up to the IO to call SCU if he thinks it necessary and helpful. In murder cases, it's a must.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If prints are noticeable, they are supposed to dust for it. They are obviously lazy. The criminal database contains all 10 digits. People who break into cars are not the opportunistic passer-bys such as shoplifters. This will repeat itself.

There's no hard-and-fast rule on cases less serious than murder. Only SCU (Scene of Crime Unit, known in US as CSI) are trained to dust for fingerprints. Patrol police and even investigation officers (IO) in charge of the cases are not. It's up to the IO to call SCU to call them if he thinks it necessary and helpful. In murder cases, it's a must.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If prints are noticeable, they are supposed to dust for it. They are obviously lazy. The criminal database contains all 10 digits. People who break into cars are not the opportunistic passer-bys such as shoplifters. This will repeat itself.

When you report a case, patrol officers (usually at least two) would attend to confirm it, then report to their ops room. The ops sergeant would then confirm it to the divisional duty IO of the day. Thereafter, it's up to the IO to make the call. Most of the cases, the IO doesn't even attend in person and rely on the reports from the attending officers and ops sergeant. But cases with dead bodies, IO sure must attend in person.

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal

wahlaneh...
why didnt u take pic of those fingerprints with ur hp cam n show to CID umpai leh?:confused:
they might be more interested.:biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wahlaneh...
some people are born without fingerprints u know?
so possibly those fingerprints could have been imprinted or could be ur own fingerprints then how? arrest urself meh?:confused:

Those were oily fingerprints i am sure left by the culprit.
What to do? It's happened, let's move on.

Thanks to all the replies

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If the thief is on criminal records, they can match prints if lifted. If prints were lifted and your thief has no criminal records, no hit. Police only have access to prints of criminals and not all S'poreans.

The effort put in by the police is critical. if they bochap bochap type, unlikely prints of value will be lifted. If police lazy, got prints also say no prints.

Many cases, usually major ones, were solved through lifting prints of value and matrching them against criminal records. In the middle of this decade, prison started to take blood samples of prisoners for DNA purposes.