• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Now this is the kind of spirits that

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Now this is the kind of spirits that </TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>higgs123 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>12:45 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 1) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>41866.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>gives hope to sgp!!! If 10 Singaporean would be willing to do the same, PAP will become history! May lord Jesus Christ bless him and his family!
http://sg.yfittopostblog.com/2010/12...e-of-politics/
Going all out in the name of politics
By Faris – December 3rd, 2010
Goh Meng Seng, Secretary-general of NSP (Photo: Yahoo!).
Secretary-general of the National Solidarity Party, Goh Meng Seng, is going for broke in the next General Elections.
Literally putting his money where his mouth is, the 40-year-old sold his 4-room HDB flat in Serangoon North in September to fund his party’s election campaign plans for the next GE, due to be held by Feb 2012.
In an exclusive interview with Yahoo! Singapore, Mr Goh – who currently manages a retail business — said the decision to sell his only home in Singapore is nothing to shout about.
“Most of the time, leaders of the opposition parties will put up with some funds to support the whole party’s campaign. There is nothing new to it,” said Goh, who currently lives with his 81-year-old mother in Ang Mo Kio. Mr Goh, who currently manages a retail business also has a wife, 39, and daughter, 7, residing in Hong Kong.
While Mr Goh declined to reveal how much he sold his flat for, checks on several property websites show that the average price of a 4-room flat in Serangoon is around $400,000 to $450,000.
Proceeds from the sale, he said, would not be used to fund his own election campaigns and candidacy but will be directed to the coffers of the NSP “to sponsor a team” for election as well as support the party’s overall strategy.
The cost of running for elections is not cheap. For example, on Nomination Day for the last 2006 General Election (GE), each candidate had to fork out an election deposit of $13,500. This doesn’t include campaign costs incurred by the respective campaigns which could easily cost thousands of dollars.
Election rules also state that the deposit is to be forfeited if the candidate fails to obtain at least one-eighth or 12.5 per cent of the votes.
Goh’s involvement in local politics has spanned over 10 years. In 2006, while still with the Workers’ Party (WP), he was part of the team led by Ms Sylvia Lim which contested the Aljunied GRC.
While results saw the WP securing 43.91 per cent of the vote and the PAP claiming 56.09 per cent, that constituency’s election was marred by the controversy involving James Gomez, who claimed to have submitted the minority-race candidate application form required to stand as a candidate in a GRC.
CCTV footage later showed he had kept the form in his bag and Gomez was labelled a “liar” by MM Lee Kuan Yew.
Mr Goh left the party shortly after elections, joined the NSP and was elected the party’s secretary-general in February this year.
Touching on the GE, Mr Goh singled out three “hot-button” issues that would dominate campaigning after Nomination Day: health care, population and foreign talent policy.
In particular, he also highlighted public housing which “will no doubt be a key issue because it affects 80 per cent of the people”.
On the issue of healthcare, Mr Goh is calling for a more comprehensive health insurance because he feels the present coverage is insufficient.
“In ensuring effective insurance coverage for its citizens, the government should provide part of the premiums of health insurance which should also include non-working adults and children.”
And what if Mr Goh loses in his bid to contest the Tampines GRC?
After all, National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan has been the anchor MP in Tampines since 1988. In the last GE, the 5-man PAP team led by the Minister won a clear 68.51% majority of votes while the opposition team of Singapore Democratic Alliance (SDA) secured only 31.49% of votes.
“If I lose, then it will depend on whether my party needs me to stay on for the transitional period. There will inevitably be a transition for leadership change,” said Goh.
Goh also said he would decline to take up the Non-Constituency Members of Parliament scheme offered to losing opposition candidates with the highest votes.
In April this year, Parliament amended the scheme to increase the number of NCMP seats from six to nine. While NCMPs are allowed to participate in parliamentary debates and even raise motions in the House, they are unable to vote on constitutional changes. Based on the constitution, such powers will remain as privileges of an elected MP.
Mr Goh echoed the views of Hougang’s opposition Member of Parliament, Low Thia Khiang, who said he will not take up the NCMP seat if he loses in an election.
“I want the full power as an MP, fair and square. If I don’t win, I will not take the NCMP seat,” he said.
Signalling his intention that he’s ready to quit politics altogether if he loses, Goh said the time will come when he has to tough decisions.
“Personally, I have set my target right from 2001 where I am willing and prepared to spend 15 years of my life to try to contribute to the Singapore political cause as much as possible. After which, I will have to move on,” he said.

<HR SIZE=1>Edited 12/4/2010 3:47 am ET by higgs123</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
...gives hope to sgp!!! If 10 Singaporean would be willing to do the same, PAP will become history!....

That's where Singapore is today. Earlier history showed PAP and other parties had to face uncertainties and to even protect their lives against gangsters, hooligans and mobsters.

Selling a flat for a profit to fund a party in this peace time is short of being heroic or patriotic! (PM Lee also donated his salary increases to charity). The $18,000 per month additional MP allowance is reasonable attraction enough.

Anyway, it's goods to have such guts! Or is it a gamble?