• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foot-in-mouth Lim Chee Bye still harping on Retiring at 68

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Cock up already say so lah. Now try to backtrack and claim he said something else. Now he is saying that sinkies should work until 68 if they are healthy? This fucking cheebye mouth got amnesia or what. That was not what he said in Finland. He said the Finns raised their retirement age to 68, and S'pore should consider that too. The phrase "if we're still healthy" was not in his original comments in Finland. Can this Chee Bye Mouth kindly explain why taxpayers money must be spend on "consultation among govt., workers, and employers"? Right now, many sinkies after retiring and receiving CPF payouts are also working even till later than 68 years old. The current laws do not prevent anyone from working beyond the retirement age anyway. Why must set up a consultation? Now, he is saying he "is not forcing people to work". But once the retirement age becomes 68, people will be forced to work until that age. What a 2 faced liar.

Nov 1, 2010
Retire at 68
By Judith Tan

'We're pointing out to people that if we're still healthy, it's good to have more money to spend and if you can earn money by working, why not?' Mr Lim said. -- ST PHOTO: STEPHANIE YEOW

SINGAPOREANS should continue to work until 68 if they are healthy, but not necessarily in the same job or at the same pace, Minister in the Prime Minister's Office Lim Boon Heng said on Monday.

He did not want to set a deadline for this to happen, saying the idea would require consultation among Government, workers and employers; the process to raise the retirement age to 68 will begin only after it is first upped from 62 to 65 by 2012.

Mr Lim said he is not 'forcing people to work', adding: 'We're pointing out to people that if we're still healthy, it's good to have more money to spend and if you can earn money by working, why not?'

The minister, who is in charge of ageing issues, was expanding on an idea he floated while with President S. R. Nathan on his state visit to Finland last month.

He said that although Finland had raised the retirement age from 65 to 68, its people could still retire earlier; the catch is that they will draw a smaller pension.

Those who defer retirement until 68 receive the highest pension, he said, and many Finns do this because it means having more money in their senior years.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those who defer retirement until 68 receive the highest pension, he said, and many Finns do this because it means having more money in their senior years.

What pension? Singapore abolished pension schemes decades ago (except for MPs and Ministers). Now what you're going to get is your own CPF money restricted according your CPF Life annuity plan.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
What pension? Singapore abolished pension schemes decades ago (except for MPs and Ministers). Now what you're going to get is your own CPF money restricted according your CPF Life annuity plan.

I dun know wah. Readthe article, "pension" is mentioned by Lim Chee Bye specifically. I guess the minister is not aware there is no pension in S'pore. I guess its call CPF (Central Provident Fund" and not CPF (Central Pension Fund) for a good reason. maybe he forgot that he actually gets a pension, us peasants get provident.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i tink he has heard voices cursing him.

knn cbk tio si cbk. wat to do, our president also prata king.
keep on flipping.:oIo:

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun know wah. Readthe article, "pension" is mentioned by Lim Chee Bye specifically. I guess the minister is not aware there is no pension in S'pore. I guess its call CPF (Central Provident Fund" and not CPF (Central Pension Fund) for a good reason. maybe he forgot that he actually gets a pension, us peasants get provident.

not surprise, the shit leaders here are simply lost touch to the ground men...

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. ram, bingo!
2. the arsehole did not do his homework or what.
3. honest, how many employers will take on someone who is into his 60s?
4. and how many jobs out there available for someone who is into his 60s?
5. these sheep and idiots have not done any homework.
6. paid millions to blah, blah and more blahs.
7. nothing concrete.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now in this farking country,if u r 40yo,the farking MIW made it vry difficult for singaporeans to get a good job.They suka suka raise retirement age to 62 and now propose to 68,and then maybe again to 75,and then maybe no more retirement age in singapore ?
What do the Lim Chee Bye want the unemployed singapore citizens to do ??? To poke his backside ?

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
First the govt has to walk the talk. Let them set an example by employing these senior citizens, right up to 68. And I am not refering to the military or govt bigwigs or the ministers who go from Senior to Senior Senior to Mentor to Senior Mentor.

When they themselves do not have a policy of hiring these people, who will? It's just a plot to delay the CPF payout, is what I say.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First the govt has to walk the talk. Let them set an example by employing these senior citizens, right up to 68. And I am not refering to the military or govt bigwigs or the ministers who go from Senior to Senior Senior to Mentor to Senior Mentor.
precisely.
dey also have ask us to support the yellow ribbon? wat have dey done?
nothing.:oIo:

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
AS long as he is still in LKY good book.. what you think of him never mind lah..
anyway even he step down there is another millions waitng in any temasek link companies waiting for him.. GOLDEN BONE..

VOTE Wisely for your children sake.. else they report to ah neh after NS and get nicely fuck up..

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have no issues with retiring at 68 or even 100. If I can work till 68, I work till 68. If not I will choose to retire earlier.

So long as I get my CPF money at 55 and CPF Life funds in 62. I dun care what is the official retirement age!

:smile:

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no issues with retiring at 68 or even 100. If I can work till 68, I work till 68. If not I will choose to retire earlier.

So long as I get my CPF money at 55 and CPF Life funds in 62. I dun care what is the official retirement age!

:smile:

Herein lies the problem. The idea is to delay the payment of the CPF which is rightfully yours to 68. You are right, most people do not mind working as long as they are able, including me, but I do mind if my CPF is delayed.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
most people if they lost jobs after 40, they already cannot find job, because of FT addiction of PAP.
Still want to increase retirement age to 68. For most, it is meaningless.

Why follow angmoh? angmoh have state and private pension. singapore only get their own money. Why make it later?

they cannot afford to pay is it?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
most people if they lost jobs after 40, they already cannot find job, because of FT addiction of PAP.
Still want to increase retirement age to 68. For most, it is meaningless.

Why follow angmoh? angmoh have state and private pension. singapore only get their own money. Why make it later?

they cannot afford to pay is it?

haha, this kind of logic escapes them mah. Even Spock will have a tough time explaining to them.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shut his big cheebye mouth. Paid millions to talk cock. Retire at 68? Many have lost their jobs and remained unemployed for years. Might as well simply say work til you drop!:rolleyes: