• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

who folllow LKY to name your children in hanyu ping yin

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
from Lee Hon Yee to Li Hong Yi
from Lee Seng Wu to Li Sheng Wu

????

why use hanyu pingyin? is it the norm nowadays, should I rename my children too?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why bother? As if you are not losing yr dialect roots fast enough?

Lee Hsien loong should be Li Xian long and LKY should be Li Guang Yao.

But did they change?

????

why use hanyu pingyin? is it the norm nowadays, should I rename my children too?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

????

After much complaining when the FORCED policy was implemented, remember the forced contribution of 50c to $1 to CDAC; you have a choice now, to name your child either in pinyin or the old system.

Those born the 80's or 90's will be naming their children in pinyin, for they have pinyin names, some still maintain their roots.

It was odd...your father family name was LIM, and the children was LIN...or Tan Ah Kow becomes Chen ...

Now, you have a choice...

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel sorry for the young people nowadays who keep their dialect surname but use pinyin for the first name. eg. Tan Weiqiang, Teo Junjie

They grow up to be confused kids. It's no wonder there are more and more faggots in sinkapore.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It'll allow Sporeans to blend in with the millions of FT in Spore. Maybe even get selected for some job interviews that they would be excluded from :rolleyes:

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
It'll allow Sporeans to blend in with the millions of FT in Spore. Maybe even get selected for some job interviews that they would be excluded from :rolleyes:

Good one! I didn't realise the genocide of Sinkies was planned so far in advance. :biggrin:

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously, do I need to rename my toddlers? I dun want them to feel the odd ones out when they starts attending primary school???

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good one! I didn't realise the genocide of Sinkies was planned so far in advance. :biggrin:

The genocide of Sporeans is simply a series of honest mistakes by LKY. :( Sporeans are just collateral damage in his scheme of things :rolleyes:

One has to wonder at the rational for the language policy. :confused:
Back then China was a communist country & Sporeans were prohibited from even visiting that country. So what opportunities were there to do business :confused: Even now, not many Sporeans want to work there because of the low wages.

Spore is lead by the elites, a bunch of scholars who are suppose to be bilingual. Any business activities are usually spearheaded by the GLCs. These morons have lost money in China, Australia, US, Thailand,....:eek:

Importation of cheap labour is just the latest way the PAP has of making money from the Chinese, Indians, Burmese,.... Unfortunatly Sporeans are now finding that they are caught up as collateral damage :rolleyes:

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
But I think it is better than having a European Names?I find it is a disgrace that the Chinese must have a European name to stay cool without knowing it is actually demoting themselves to be a second class human being to the European!

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel sorry for the young people nowadays who keep their dialect surname but use pinyin for the first name. eg. Tan Weiqiang, Teo Junjie
They grow up to be confused kids. It's no wonder there are more and more faggots in sinkapore.

Got good reason for that actually. Happens especially when parents of different dialect groups.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But I think it is better than having a European Names?I find it is a disgrace that the Chinese must have a European name to stay cool without knowing it is actually demoting themselves to be a second class human being to the European!

I adopted a common hristian name for convenience. I've work in many MNCs & I got tired of trying to correct the typos & mis-pronounciation of my chinese name :smile:

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I adopted a common hristian name for convenience. I've work in many MNCs & I got tired of trying to correct the typos & mis-pronounciation of my chinese name :smile:

You are very correct to do that for the sake of work but this is why I mentioned earlier that a lot of Chinese are not conscious that they are actually demeaning or acknowledging themselves that they are second human class in the World!

Why are the Chinese so lack of confident to use their own names which are given by their parents?My opinion (you may not agree) is the Chinese are simply lack of confident in their heritage!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
goes 2 show dat angmos r stoopig ... dey cunt even spell nor type properly ... neither can dey pronounce a name, which is different from theirs, properly ... :rolleyes:

so many chinese have 2 make tings ezier 4 dem ... :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
goes 2 show dat angmos r stoopig ... dey cunt even spell nor type properly ... neither can dey pronounce a name, which is different from theirs, properly ... :rolleyes:

so many chinese have 2 make tings ezier 4 dem ... :rolleyes:

My job was a regional one. Required dealing with angmo, Thais, Indos, Malaysians. Many have problems with chinese names especially when you are on long distance calls over a poor line :rolleyes:

Even have problems with spelling, Indonesians spell John as Jhon :eek:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are very correct to do that for the sake of work but this is why I mentioned earlier that a lot of Chinese are not conscious that they are actually demeaning or acknowledging themselves that they are second human class in the World!

I work with PRC chinese colleagues who are stationed in China & they don't use christian names.

Its all about being Sporeans. We are second, third class citizens in our own country . It'll only change when we get rid of the elite/lesser mortals attitude of our own gov't :(

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why be bothered about the romanised spelling of Chinese names. It's given in Chinese. 蒋介石 is 蒋介石 whether it's written Chiang Kai-shek or Jiang Jieshi. 毛泽东 is 毛泽东 whether it's written Mao Tse-tung or Mao Zedong. Romanisation is just for the convenience of globalisation where non-Chinese couldn't read Chinese characters. The essence of the name is in the Chinese characters, not the Roman letters.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I work with PRC chinese colleagues who are stationed in China & they don't use christian names.

Which ulu part of China do you work in? Or you referring only to the big towkays who already made it?

Most PRC yuppies carry some Christian name. In fact, many of them so weird you wonder where they come from.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which ulu part of China do you work in? Or you referring only to the big towkays who already made it?

Most PRC yuppies carry some Christian name. In fact, many of them so weird you wonder where they come from.

I'm based in Spore. Alot of the communication is done by telephone & email. The MNC company has offices in the major cities of China .

The company only hires experience & competent people, ie there are no entry positions. The company has yearly reviews & if you don't make the grade, no pay hike & you'll even be asked to leave.

It's not like the gov't service where there are plenty of deadwood.

Have lost plenty of PRC colleagues who've been headhunted by other large US companies. Actually I've noticed that it's the Hongkies that have the funny names :smile:

jw5

Loyal
I'm based in Spore. Alot of the communication is done by telephone & email. The MNC company has offices in the major cities of China .

The company only hires experience & competent people, ie there are no entry positions. The company has yearly reviews & if you don't make the grade, no pay hike & you'll even be asked to leave.

It's not like the gov't service where there are plenty of deadwood.

Have lost plenty of PRC colleagues who've been headhunted by other large US companies. Actually I've noticed that it's the Hongkies that have the funny names :smile:
I know a HK hairdresser by the name of Hymen. :smile: