• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do they teach music in Primary Schools these days ?

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if the MOE has some form of guidelines of teaching music in Primary Schools. I have a couple friends whose kids are already in Primary 3 and still could not read musical notes.

Where do you kids receive their early education in music ?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i had 6 years of music in pri sch and i cannot read a shit

Same experience here. Can't read shit of sheet music. But can play hundreds of tunes on simple Casio keyboard by ear. Real grand piano? Sorry, cannot.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Used to play the recorder in primary school and also played piano before so i can read musical notes in bass and treble cleff and understand some of those italian words. Nothing to it, since i'm not pursuing a musical career so having the ability to read or not read notes doesn't mean shit to me and it's been a long time since i actually read notes.

I do wish to take up being a selector aka reggae Dj though but then it doesn't involve reading musical notes.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I would like to find out what is the current state of affairs with Primary schools in Singapore.

Does anyone have kids or nephews in Primary schools ?

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same experience here. Can't read shit of sheet music. But can play hundreds of tunes on simple Casio keyboard by ear. Real grand piano? Sorry, cannot.

For music you need to have talent, just intelligence alone is not enough.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I would like to find out what is the current state of affairs with Primary schools in Singapore.

Does anyone have kids or nephews in Primary schools ?

i believe it should be the same. its not a examinable subject. its very poorly structure and kids merely went there to dance and have fun while the teacher playing the piano.

then slowly they started introducing the recorder which no one gives a damn after a few lesson.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i believe it should be the same. its not a examinable subject. its very poorly structure and kids merely went there to dance and have fun while the teacher playing the piano.

then slowly they started introducing the recorder which no one gives a damn after a few lesson.

eh they test you on playing the recorder okay. I still remember playing mary had a little lamb.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if the MOE has some form of guidelines of teaching music in Primary Schools. I have a couple friends whose kids are already in Primary 3 and still could not read musical notes.

Cheebye Ex-convict, :oIo:

Are you planning to retake your PSLE? Everyone knows you don't have a PSLE cert. :oIo:

Or if you are planning to be a pedophile in Singapore, I will make sure your IP address is submitted to the police.
:oIo:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think is not the job of MOE to educate early music interest in kids. Your friends' kid cannot read musical notes is becos they lack the interest or their parent is too poor to send them for courses. Music is just like dancing, skating etc. Nowadays kid receives their early music education normally is when their parents send them for the course outside school hours.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lol :oIo:

you definitely are of Peasant Stock :oIo:

I have no problem playing the violin :oIo: