SG Live Bet WPL Bet 88
SG Tipster
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: secret societies operated in Singapore in the 1950s and the 1960s

Hybrid View

My Reputation Points: 174 / Power: 6

Question secret societies operated in Singapore in the 1950s and the 1960s

Gangland activities were rampant then.

A gang would control many of the businesses operating in its area - like four-digit lotteries, opium dens, brothels and gambling dens. As some areas were controlled by different gangs, violent clashes often broke out between the groups.

My Reputation Points: 174 / Power: 6

Default Re: secret societies operated in Singapore in the 1950s and the 1960s

Ang Soon Tong - 10-milestone Nee Soon area to end of Sembawang

My Reputation Points: 31 / Power: 0

That was the past..now Malay gang took over, Chinese gang kana bullied left right up down

My Reputation Points: 2084 / Power: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Hai View Post
    PxP, lightning strike logo, from causeway to 'ang teng bei tou'...very powderful one you know!....what's Ang Soon Tong!?...it is LEEpublic of Stinkerpore!

My Reputation Points: 34 / Power: 0

All these secret societies are deadwood. They did not heed the government's call for upgrading, diverisfication and globalisation.

Nowadays, only retards would join these gay societies.

My Reputation Points: 335 / Power: 6

Quote Originally Posted by clinton666 View Post
    All these secret societies are deadwood. They did not heed the government's call for upgrading, diverisfication and globalisation.

you forgot to mention dogs _ retards and dogs

My Reputation Points: 139 / Power: 6

obviously u r one of them

My Reputation Points: 70 / Power: 6

Well… I wouldn't say so… MIW actually happy puppy to see them, great to for handling small fish, promote faster else be out of Job how?

All these secret societies are deadwood. They did not heed the government's call for upgrading, diverisfication and globalisation.………

My Reputation Points: 146 / Power: 4

wahlaneh...
    tokcok yaya papaya wait they go n find u see u still talk like that?

My Reputation Points: 34 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by wahlaneh View Post
    wahlaneh...
    tokcok yaya papaya wait they go n find u see u still talk like that?
    You retarded Chinese Hoooligan

Gangster will scurry away when they are the mercy of my MMA prowess! Do you know what is the meaning of MMA, you moron

My Reputation Points: 216 / Power: 6

Six nabbed in connection with Bt Panjang gang fight

SINGAPORE: Police have arrested six people, aged between 15 and 23 years, in connection with a gang fight at Bukit Panjang on Monday night.

The alleged assault took place at about 10pm at Block 418, Fajar Road where a 20-year-old man was slashed and later hospitalised.

Not long after, the group of attackers, some armed with choppers, rained blows on six others near a basketball court at Jelapang Road some 400 metres from the first site.

Police added investigations so far do not indicate that the Bukit Panjang attacks are related to the murder case at Downtown East that happened on 30 October.

It has also been found that the Downtown East case was connected to gang-related disputes involving the deceased, victims and assailants, and not from a staring incident as reported earlier.

Police added that 19 young men between 17 and 22 years old were arrested at the Subordinate Courts on Wednesday. They are believed to be gang members.

Director of the Criminal Investigation Department, Senior Assistant Commissioner of Police Ng Boon Gay, said: "Youth offenders involved in violent crimes must be warned that they will not be treated lightly simply because of their age. There is no excuse for violence and no leniency for those who disregard the law. All gang behaviour will be dealt with firmly and decisively, including taking action against those who turn up at the courts in force as a show of support for their fellow gangsters. They will face the full brunt of the law, including the Criminal Law (Temporary Provisions) Act."

- CNA/ir

My Reputation Points: 50 / Power: 6

Before government mentioned upgrading, diverisfication and globalisation, this group already did.

Triad was a big problem back in the 1950s through to the 1970s for the Singapore government. Many groups – big or small – were formed to seize on the vulnerable fishing ‘village’ that had steadily grown to a prosperous little nation to what it is today. Back then, many innocent people died trying to protect their businesses from these power-hungry and incorrigible triads, along – too – were many dedicated police officers. The only way to eradicate these gangs with their illicit activities was to have a law – a very strict law. Heavy punishments were meted out to those who went against it. It worked through time. And, many of these perpetuators were put behind bars for a very long period of time or completely eradicated from the face of this Earth by hanging. But, during this time, a group who called themselves Ah Kong was formed but was only based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands and Bangkok, Thailand – perhaps to avoid the strict laws in their birth country. Ah Kong was an organized crime gang that was involved in its main trade of drugs. Ah Kong was such a fearsome triad that was renown all over Asia and Europe.

Ah Kong was based in Amsterdam and Bangkok but had operations in other European cities and the Asia-Pacific. It used to control the European heroin trade in the 1970s to 1990s. Ah Kong which means 'The Company' or short for kongsi (in Hokkien dialect) had never been based in Singapore. It was also known to have had Malaysian Chinese members and had Thai and Indonesian connections, and over the years they had built strong ties with the infamous Penang-based Sio Sam Ong. Most of the members of Ah Kong were Singaporeans and the members spoke Hokkien although they were originally Hainanese from a village in the Sembawang area and were European- and Thailand-based. It was formed when several members or See Tong (which means buddies or a group of close friends but mostly blood-brothers) killed or injured members of their rival gang, Pek Kim Leng (White Golden Dragon), in a gang clash, and escaped to Holland. While in the Netherlands, the notorious gang received more members joining them. These new members had had military training that was acquired while doing their rigorous National Service stint.
    More:

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Ah_Kong

My Reputation Points: 135 / Power: 6

50s and 60s kids join SS because parents are uneducated and houses is small so the next place to go is street corner where they eventually join SS.

2000 onward kids join because both parents are working long hour in the office/travel..kids hang at void deck as there is only maid at home.. PAP planted the seeds when they need 2 parent to work to survive and encourage the woman to be productive.. Now the seeds ripen to bear fruits.

We are back to square one..

My Reputation Points: 1617 / Power: 10

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post

We are back to square one..
    Did we ever leave square one

PAP has always expected 'citizens' to make sacrifices: NS, low pay, the term latch key kids has now become the norm.

My Reputation Points: 53 / Power: 6

Quote Originally Posted by myjohnson View Post
    That's where you are wrong C36, the had upgraded to using laptops to handle their diversified business of loansharking by going global ie; operate from another country. Tax free too. And if you like, I can introduce you to some members of these gay societies and you are free to tell them what you think of them. They are not the Ah Beng type, as a matter of fact, they dress better than the Shenton Way type.
    I would like to know some of these people...

My Reputation Points: 138 / Power: 6

All these secret societies fight the wrong "enemy"..... should have followed the example of the H S Tong who allied themselves with the MIWs..... Not only have they survived but they have thrived and expanded hand in hand with the MIWs doing their dirty work..... H S Tong is unique in that they dun openly recruit members...... you can only join if someone recommends you and u must be a hakka

My Reputation Points: 312 / Power: 5

Quote Originally Posted by allanlee View Post
    All these secret societies fight the wrong "enemy"..... should have followed the example of the H S Tong who allied themselves with the MIWs..... Not only have they survived but they have thrived and expanded hand in hand with the MIWs doing their dirty work..... H S Tong is unique in that they dun openly recruit members...... you can only join if someone recommends you and u must be a hakka
    what is H S Tong, anyone know? please explain. thank!

My Reputation Points: 241 / Power: 6

Oh ya, my SPF inspector kaki told me that every Chinese "Ang" family resident in the Yishun Sembawang area for 3 generations are prime gang suspects, everytime there is a wake for a death in Ang family many of the "Ang Kong Kias" (tatoos) appears.

This is a deep rooted problem, some resale HDB residents brought previous gangsters homes and moved in next to AST gangsters.

How bad it was? Well in the early 1990s the gang members only by one particular brand of computers "AST" for the home. Why? No prize for guessing.

Say you, Say mee, Say nothing when there is nothing good to say.

My Reputation Points: 143 / Power: 6

Quote Originally Posted by SotongMee View Post
    Oh ya, my SPF inspector kaki told me that every Chinese "Ang" family resident in the Yishun Sembawang area for 3 generations are prime gang suspects, everytime there is a wake for a death in Ang family many of the "Ang Kong Kias" (tatoos) appears.

This is a deep rooted problem, some resale HDB residents brought previous gangsters homes and moved in next to AST gangsters.

How bad it was? Well in the early 1990s the gang members only by one particular brand of computers "AST" for the home. Why? No prize for guessing.
    I grew up in Sembawang area..... your inspector friend bullshit you.
    The Angs kept the area peaceful and orderly so much so that the policemen covering that area were instructed to let the Ang heads handle any problems or cases that happen..... the heads will then have coffee with the duty SIO and submit their reports.

Those were the days.

My Reputation Points: 241 / Power: 6

ya today all the same uncles and ah peks of AST
    only runs the loan sharking and Hungry Ghosts Festivals....all past prime alreadi.

But still the old AST gangstas dare to talk loud loud to young people

If not for their good past collaboration with the SPF to betray
    their own kind, today alreadi get hacked into 3,6 or 9 pieces.

Now they are too old to deserve any attention or respect from the
    fierce ah bengs of other secret societies, they just wait for the
    "Ang tong zu" to die naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Reaper View Post
    I grew up in Sembawang area..... your inspector friend bullshit you.
    The Angs kept the area peaceful and orderly so much so that the policemen covering that area were instructed to let the Ang heads handle any problems or cases that happen..... the heads will then have coffee with the duty SIO and submit their reports.

Those were the days.
    Last edited by SotongMee; 21-11-2010 at 03:15 PM.
    Say you, Say mee, Say nothing when there is nothing good to say.