• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

French woman accused of tearing burqa off Emirati woman

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
French woman accused of tearing burqa off Emirati woman

The retired English teacher, known only as Marlene, had told police she asked the woman from the UAE in English to remove the veil

* Reuters
* Published: 23:33 October 14, 2010

Paris: A French woman accused of ripping off the full face veil of an Emirati tourist and biting and scratching her when she put it back on faced prosecution demands for a two-month suspended prison sentence on Thursday.

"Co-habiting implies that we have to tolerate others whatever they are wearing," prosecutor Anne Fontette told a Paris court.

The case comes just days after the highest constitutional authority approved a bill outlawing the garment with offenders potentially fined 150 euros ($189) or required to take part in a citizenship class. The bill is due to take effect after a six-month period aimed at informing veiled women about the law.

The retired English teacher, known only as Marlene, had told police she asked the woman from the UAE in English to remove the veil. When the woman refused, she ripped it off. When the woman put it back on again, she punched, scratched and bit her, according to the police report.

"I knew I was going to crack one day," 63-year-old Marlene said, according to police. "This burqa story was beginning to annoy me."

The incident, for which she also faces a 750 euro ($1,000) fine, occurred in a luxury Paris boutique last February.

Marlene, who did not appear in court and had no legal representation, has defended her position in the media. Speaking to Le Parisien newspaper, she said it was unacceptable women wore the veil in what she called the birthplace of human rights.

She denied any acts of violence in the newspaper.

France's five million-strong Muslim community is Western Europe's largest, but fewer than 2,000 women are believed to wear a full face veil. Many Muslim leaders have said they support neither the veil nor the law banning it.

The verdict is due on Nov. 4.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont understand why modern day human beings still wearing veils. The french should applauded for banning it.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
French should build up his army again and since they embolish NS, it is now not able to project power.
It really need to increase army intake.
One day it will be able to join force with USA to hammer them.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
France rarely used conscripts to project power overseas. For that, they had the Foreign Legion, which incidentally you can join, if you are keen to help their cause.

French should build up his army again and since they embolish NS, it is now not able to project power.
It really need to increase army intake.
One day it will be able to join force with USA to hammer them.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
France rarely used conscripts to project power overseas. For that, they had the Foreign Legion, which incidentally you can join, if you are keen to help their cause.

France has been crappy frogs at war. The British beat them hands down in Canada, India and Waterloo. The Germans cruised in and crushed Paris. It got kicked out of Indochina by Viet peasants. Foreign Legion got kicked out Algeria and north Africa by Arab nomads. It even managed to lose a minor naval war to the ailing Qing Dynasty China, I think that was the only victory against a western power recorded in the late Qing Dynasty.

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Empty vessel makes the most noise.

That exactly define the french!

They are haughty, loud, contradicting and without inner substance.

Oh so, that bitch claimed that France is the birth place of human rights!?
Am i see things or what!?

That bitch does not even respect the muslim woman's right to wear burqa!

I hope the muslim population grows to an epic proportion in France and dissolve those bloody white trashes!:oIo:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Empty vessel makes the most noise.

That exactly define the french!

They are haughty, loud, contradicting and without inner substance.

Oh so, that bitch claimed that France is the birth place of human rights!?
Am i see things or what!?

That bitch does not even respect the muslim woman's right to wear burqa!

I hope the muslim population grows to an epic proportion in France and dissolve those bloody white trashes!:oIo:
Agree. Democracy and human rights don't mean things going your way or to your liking. The majority can pass a law banning burqa. Call the police if one sees a breach of the law. Raising hand and ripping it off while she's not threatening the safety of anyone is pure barbaric Gaul genes at work!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The frenchies are only good with three things : fashion, perfume, and croissants. They are widely perceived as a feminine country, as opposed to the US which is perceived as a musculine country.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The frenchies are only good with three things : fashion, perfume, and croissants. They are widely perceived as a feminine country, as opposed to the US which is perceived as a musculine country.

You forgot wine and brandy. :biggrin:

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal

The French give much more rights to its minorities as compared to most Islamic nations across the world.

Just go to Saudi Arabia. If they find a bible in your hand or in your luggage they will confiscate it. If you hold a prayer meeting even in your own home, you will be arrested and jailed by the dreaded religious police.
No other places of worship are allowed except Mosques.

Even in Indonesia , there are open attacks on churches.

Such open discrimination and persistent attitudes are ignored by the media but when it comes to the other way round, they raise screams and holler like hell about freedom of expression and religion, even for a small transgression by some individual.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those Europeans governments are really tolerant. If the Muslims insist on wearing their burqa then introduce Hudud laws just for the Muslims.
These people migrated to Europe for the freedom and after living there for so long they want to impose Islamic cultures on themselves.