• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

USA India deal for 126 fighter aircraft

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Flight safety and combat efficiency depend on 3 factors:

1. The design and construction of aircraft.

2. The competency of the maintenance crew.

3. The competency of the pilot.

In the case of India's horrendous flight safety record, it's quite obvious it's about 2. and 3., isn't it? Other countries flying the same aircraft don't drop like mosquitoes being sprayed with insecticide like that.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
US play good game. Sell weapon to Pakistan and then Indian let them fight each other or arm war. With 2 country keep on buying weapon to show off.
India smart of stupid try to make a deal with Russia for T-50 and US .
But so many talk haven't see any aircraft roll out from Indian Manufacturing plant.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes, it is SU 30 Mk1.

But the material point made is regarding the 'accident rate ' of these newer planes - regardless of their model / type.

U are such a clown. When u are proven wrong trying to supposedly set the record straight, u come out with "material point"? WTF. U are the one claiming to set the record straight, and yet you can come out with shit like the IAF flying SU-27? And even your correction of your mistake is wrong. Its SU-30MKI. not MK One. MK letter i, got it?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
19 crashes in 5 years. works out to 4 a year for a old military workhorse.
How would you term it as "very high loss rate" - in comparison to other air forces operating the same type of aircraft and in that percentage ?
Do you have any comparative figures ?

It is true the old Mig 21s before retrofit had a high accident rate, akin to those from other operator countries like Poland and eastern block nation air forces. But not after the avionics system upgrades.

U said in your post above that the Mig-21s have do not have a high accident rate after the upgrades. I showed you 19 crashes in 5 years, and I don't know how many between 2002 and 2005. Considering that only about 125 Mig-21s were upgraded to Bison status, and assuming that at least 25 have crashed since induction into IAF service (at least one crashed in 2002 outside of the 19 crashes), than its a lost rate of 20%. Maybe you don't consider it high, but I guarantee you if the RSAF lost 20% of its F-16s, there will be hell to pay. By the way, when you are proven wrong don't go to the diversion tactic of asking me to quote comparative figures for the same type of aircraft and in what percentage. I don't fall for that kind of tactic. All I know is you said the Mig-21 do not have a high accident rate after the upgrades, and all I did was show you 20% lost rate in peacetime. Just setting the record straight, as u like to say.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still flying Mig-21 and all here still want to debate about Mig 21. At least buy twin engine incase one engine failure still can land.
Almost the whole world have retired the MIG 21 in the last 10 year. But this show that Indai is so backward in arm race.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Still flying Mig-21 and all here still want to debate about Mig 21. At least buy twin engine incase one engine failure still can land.
Almost the whole world have retired the MIG 21 in the last 10 year. But this show that Indai is so backward in arm race.

I don't think that is the issue, what is wrong with this picture is that there are apparently more sinkies debating about the merits of India's future fighter purchase, than there were debating about the RSAF F-15SG purchase. This is what happens when you have real freedom and a real free press. If I recall the RSAF purchase procedure was :
1) We are going to buy a new plane to replace the A-4SU
2) This is the list of planes we are considering
3) We will be announcing the decision soon
4) The winner is the F-15SG

Why the other planes lost is not really known. How much is the offset and what percentage of it is not known. What is the breakdown of the cost is not know eg. airframe cost, supports and training costs, etc.