• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any recommendation for cleaning the swimming pool?

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Told my wife about the availability of maids in the USA we were expecting to pay extremely high fees however this changes everything. That really makes the US much more attractive now.

As our children are getting older we need to think about their University soon. Obviously the US beats all other nations for tertiary education and we want to give them the very best so of course Australia is out (they rank among the lowest in the world for tertiary so its a waste of time and money) as OZ is basically a downgrade these days but the maid and housing issue is the clincher for the US here. Plus the Wife has heard some very disturbing news of Racism against Asians in Oz so she wont even consider it - that's good cause I wont consider it financially.

The maid agreed to become permanent over the weekend. Wife is excited cause she now has more flexibility to bring work home due to the networking. Some staff in the company spend 2-3 days working from home and spend time with family etc. Plus she says she can be more productive and her pay might go up again. Her pay has almost doubled since she started there 5 years ago.

When it comes to lifestyle I think I really have found it. This is it. This is the sweet spot. And it feels good :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
The maid agreed to become permanent over the weekend. Wife is excited cause she now has more flexibility to bring work home due to the networking. Some staff in the company spend 2-3 days working from home and spend time with family etc. Plus she says she can be more productive and her pay might go up again. Her pay has almost doubled since she started there 5 years ago.

When it comes to lifestyle I think I really have found it. This is it. This is the sweet spot. And it feels good :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The maid availability is what clinched the US for me. We now are VERY INTERESTED.

Someone in my office here owns a property in the US and has rented it to tenants for 8 years. I am learning all the pros and cons of property ownership as I can see returns above 20%. Essentially it IS POSSIBLE to buy and have 100% of your money back in just a few years and own the property outright. He manages the property himself through a local real estate investor who charges him a small fee for repair but this is only 3X since he purchased 8 years ago so management is not an issue at all.

Just going through the non-US tax angle now. Colleague has informed me since I have no SS# the title co will withhold a certain % of the proceeds and the tax consequences of rental income can be dealt with through the S corp and the IRS thresholds of income reporting.

I think this is the way to start off there in the US by renting while I am preparing my move.

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Redbull pls answer me this: U claiming you can buy property for peanuts and somemore U can have maid n retire young there in USA after pay off house in 7-8 years. Can or not? Pls explain to me your figure to arrive at this

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Redbull pls answer me this: U claiming you can buy property for peanuts and somemore U can have maid n retire young there in USA after pay off house in 7-8 years. Can or not? Pls explain to me your figure to arrive at this

Yes its possible. Our HHI (our household income) makes it possible to build or buy a 400K house and pay it in full in 6-8 years depending. Our salaries are still quite high here and my wife earns about 4 times the salary doing exactly what she did in Singapore while my salary is about three times what I earned in Singapore. We are earning significantly more money here and spending alot less than we did in SG cause our money goes very far here.

We have saved quite a lot over the years so we are very, very comfortable, a feeling I never had in SG and I can see the retirement picture with a combination of pension and passive income streams for me at 50-55 years.

Yes you can do it if you set your mind to it.

The maid is something the wife worked on as she got a maid part time and has worked a situation for her to become permanent, just like our old maid in SG.

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes its possible. Our HHI (our household income) makes it possible to build or buy a 400K house and pay it in full in 6-8 years depending. Our salaries are still quite high here and my wife earns about 4 times the salary doing exactly what she did in Singapore while my salary is about three times what I earned in Singapore. We are earning significantly more money here and spending alot less than we did in SG cause our money goes very far here.

We have saved quite a lot over the years so we are very, very comfortable, a feeling I never had in SG and I can see the retirement picture with a combination of pension and passive income streams for me at 50-55 years.

Yes you can do it if you set your mind to it.

The maid is something the wife worked on as she got a maid part time and has worked a situation for her to become permanent, just like our old maid in SG.

Wah what kind of salary idea for me in IT dept can u pls advise can earn what level of income there somemore costing of living etc pls

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah what kind of salary idea for me in IT dept can u pls advise can earn what level of income there somemore costing of living etc pls

IT salaries are among the highest in the US and there is still demand for these jobs there. A big plus is the tax burden you will face on your salary will be very low and the cost of living is actually lower than Singapore's now that inflation has been .9% for many years. In fact inflation alone has priced nations like Australia many times more expensive than the US due to 3-4% inflation for 15 years now compared to the US's much lower inflation figures.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well I should say someone like you would be worth AT LEAST 80K per year to start but I know many IT professionals who earn 100-300K per year here.

And as Aussie the Prick says we have the cheapest westernized cost of living in the world right now. I mean I cant believe it if you have some money you are living very, very well right now.

Everyday its like a party here you know. I love coming home, being with my family its just the best you know. And somehow I know the old man in SG would disapprove of what I have done, i.e renounciatiation but truth be told I dont miss SG at all. What does that say?

Sometimes I wonder why I dont miss my homeland at all. Is this normal?

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Redbill are you familiar with:

1) US S Corp?
2) US C Corp?
3) US LLC Corp?

I spoke to a property management firm in the US and they are recommending a US LLC corp to purchase US property. Also I now have to apply for the US tax number and I can operate there with this number. Apparently I can also apply for tradelines and get a D&B credit score and then my US corp can get credit which will be useful for the prop management side of things.

With a 20% nett return I and a few others here are keen to purchase. On my next business trip my wife and her uncle is coming plus I have 3 colleagues lined up to see about the actual properties, the location etc. We are going to be picked up at the airport by the prop management corp and shown around and even will meet our prospective tenants.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Redbill are you familiar with:

1) US S Corp?
2) US C Corp?
3) US LLC Corp?

I spoke to a property management firm in the US and they are recommending a US LLC corp to purchase US property. Also I now have to apply for the US tax number and I can operate there with this number. Apparently I can also apply for tradelines and get a D&B credit score and then my US corp can get credit which will be useful for the prop management side of things.

With a 20% nett return I and a few others here are keen to purchase. On my next business trip my wife and her uncle is coming plus I have 3 colleagues lined up to see about the actual properties, the location etc. We are going to be picked up at the airport by the prop management corp and shown around and even will meet our prospective tenants.

Def get yourself a LLC, costs about 90 bucks dead easy and the liability protection is excellent too. The LLC is virtually unbreakable.

Look I think you should be cautious about jumping into our cheap houses for one reason. Prices are STILL going down. Depending on where you want to buy, generally the end of the tax credit has sunk the prices again so the people who bought this year just to get the 8500 tax break next march might lose more than the value of their properties than the tax break itself. Also generally property prices are stagnant in good areas so location is important and in our best areas like in my city prices are up which is rare in today's market. So location, location location is still key.

You need to be very very well informed about where you buy which should be near major employment centers. There are some areas of the country with lower unemployment that should preform better for example. You might get a nice return but if a tenant moves out you need to rent it again or sell so the local economy matters here.

All I am saying is be very careful.

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well I should say someone like you would be worth AT LEAST 80K per year to start but I know many IT professionals who earn 100-300K per year here.

And as Aussie the Prick says we have the cheapest westernized cost of living in the world right now. I mean I cant believe it if you have some money you are living very, very well right now.

Everyday its like a party here you know. I love coming home, being with my family its just the best you know. And somehow I know the old man in SG would disapprove of what I have done, i.e renounciatiation but truth be told I dont miss SG at all. What does that say?

Sometimes I wonder why I dont miss my homeland at all. Is this normal?

Me having 5 over yr of experience so I can earn USD at least 80K? Seeming to me very high wage what about tax cost etc maybe the salary high but the tax take out is high so what is left over after paying me 80k?

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me having 5 over yr of experience so I can earn USD at least 80K? Seeming to me very high wage what about tax cost etc maybe the salary high but the tax take out is high so what is left over after paying me 80k?

Depends on what kind of deductions and credits you have. Gross tax on 80 Gs is about 6-7 grand but with a house, kid, etc you can bring your tax bill down to about 5% of your income easy.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal

And here is the bottom line: At US$ 80K, if you compare to Australia your money goes much further due to lower taxes, cost of living, housing, etc

At 1.51 PPP your US$ 80K would purchase A$120K worth of goods and services in Australia while the Australian counterpart would have a higher tax burden, higher housing costs, and purchase far less @80K than otherwise in the US.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
And here is the bottom line: At US$ 80K, if you compare to Australia your money goes much further due to lower taxes, cost of living, housing, etc

At 1.51 PPP your US$ 80K would purchase A$120K worth of goods and services in Australia while the Australian counterpart would have a higher tax burden, higher housing costs, and purchase far less @80K than otherwise in the US.

80 is probably a good starting point but most people in IT earn about 100+ and some are in the 200s.

On a different note went to see some home theater equipment today. Alot of choices with very good systems at reasonable prices. And we are also going to get those special chairs too. There was one projector that was 30 thousand dollars. I saw a pair of speakers for 45 thousand too. Listening to the 5 thousand and 45 thousand speakers I could not tell if it was 9X better or not.

What shall we do with all these choices?

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
80 is probably a good starting point but most people in IT earn about 100+ and some are in the 200s.

On a different note went to see some home theater equipment today. Alot of choices with very good systems at reasonable prices. And we are also going to get those special chairs too. There was one projector that was 30 thousand dollars. I saw a pair of speakers for 45 thousand too. Listening to the 5 thousand and 45 thousand speakers I could not tell if it was 9X better or not.

What shall we do with all these choices?

What is interesting is how certain professions in the US are still paying top dollar due to demand. Most of those out of work are those chasing skill sets not in demand which is the opposite problem in Europe. Unemployment in the EU is structural while in the US it is cyclical.

I have seen some home theater set ups from the inexpensive to beyond. However we have space constraints here whereas you dont seem to have this problem since you can build/purchase for prices below US$ 100 per sq ft.

It seems you truly are the fortunate one on this forum.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is interesting is how certain professions in the US are still paying top dollar due to demand. Most of those out of work are those chasing skill sets not in demand which is the opposite problem in Europe. Unemployment in the EU is structural while in the US it is cyclical.

I have seen some home theater set ups from the inexpensive to beyond. However we have space constraints here whereas you dont seem to have this problem since you can build/purchase for prices below US$ 100 per sq ft.

It seems you truly are the fortunate one on this forum.

Oh man that's nothing. On Sat night at a buddy's house watching the Paquiao fight we saw some dallas cheerleaders singing the anthem and you realize how truly great this country is and how lucky we all are.

God I love my country.

Enjoy :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

http://blip.tv/file/4382441

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
WOWEEEEE!!!!!!

Hot hot hot Va Va Vooooom!

Where can I get some of those??????

God Bless America the beautiful

You can but I gotta warn you that you get those hotties and the other ones that hang out at walmart and dont quite look so nice. I mean you gotta see it to beleive it.

Latest is we have narrowed our house plan to three different ones on 2 seperate lots. Got some decisions to make.

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rebull/Aussie thanks so much for your guidance on my immi. My researches pointing toward USA as best place now to migrate cheap US$, cheap housing, plentiful opportunities abounding there liao as oppose to this Oz where the costing of homes food shopping cloting sound very killing cannot tahan there.

//To me my opionion is emigrating means starting all over again. Its best then to have the better playing field to support my new life so after hear of the tax, racist problem and very expensive house car food in OZ better dont struggle there better to live simple peaceful life in US is better I think.

Again any new immi route other than H1B kindly forward the info to me via PM

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rebull/Aussie thanks so much for your guidance on my immi. My researches pointing toward USA as best place now to migrate cheap US$, cheap housing, plentiful opportunities abounding there liao as oppose to this Oz where the costing of homes food shopping cloting sound very killing cannot tahan there.

//To me my opionion is emigrating means starting all over again. Its best then to have the better playing field to support my new life so after hear of the tax, racist problem and very expensive house car food in OZ better dont struggle there better to live simple peaceful life in US is better I think.

Again any new immi route other than H1B kindly forward the info to me via PM

Easily USA is the best choice right now for Singaporeans who are educated and skilled because those jobs are still in demand and pay very well.

with its devalued currency, plentiful cheap housing, cheap transportation and the lowest inflation since 1959 (O inflation in USA right now) this all translates into one thing:

The greatest chance of success for the prospective skilled Singapore migrant is to exchange S$ into US$, and land there. Due to the current climate your ability to "make it" is the highest there compared to the UK, NZ, and of course Australia where you would suffer hardships due to extreme high costs, inflation, and a unfriendly immigrant environment right now.