• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any recommendation for cleaning the swimming pool?

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm on East Coast. There are hundreds of thousands of houses u can buy. I have seen prices from 10K. 500K can buy you a mansion. 300K can buy u a house that would cost 10 Million in SG or in Australia for that matter.

What better the East coast or western coast////////The price level seemingly good to consider

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
What better the East coast or western coast////////The price level seemingly good to consider

California is basically the West Coast and yes - prices are cheep cheep now. If you ever wanted to live next to some celebrity in LA Singaporeans are well positioned to do so.

There are many much more affordable alternatives such as condos, small houses and apartments. Prices in ok areas can cost only US$ 50,000!

East cost is more states, NY, Boston, and down to Washington D.C.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Core affordable alternatives such as condos, small houses and apartments. Prices in ok areas can cost only US$ 50,000!

East cost is more states, NY, Boston, and down to Washington D.C.

Latest we had the homebuilder over for dinner and gave us a presentation. Latest homes are masonry, ultra efficient, insulated with 30 year roofs. He proposed a few floor plans to us. We like some of the latest features such as the geothermal heating and cooling system and the smart functions where we can turn lights on, ac on, alarm on, webcam coffee machine etc all from our smartphone or computer etc.

Some more he says the trend is to have a home theater room with no windows all prewired and sound insulated. Of course wife loved the 1000 sq foot kitchen with island granite tops viking stove and sub zero clear glass fridge. Somemore the master suite is 1000 sq ft with French doors downstairs leading to pool. I like the game room with bar, library/study and 4 car garage. The pool is custom paved with integrated solar heating and spa.

Depending on our choice of flooring the total build price is $75-85 per square foot which also covers the detached garage and pool changing rooms. Instead of the changing rooms I am thinking of a home gym. Builder used to charge 120+ during the boom.

We are thinking of a 4500 sq ft 4 bedroom home or might even go 5000 sq. With our earnings here we can pay off the total cost in 6-8 years so its very affordable but what can you expect when you live in paradise?

Ah what can I say?

Life is sugar sweet. And so so good.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest we had the homebuilder over for dinner and gave us a presentation. Latest homes are masonry, ultra efficient, insulated with 30 year roofs. He proposed a few floor plans to us. We like some of the latest features such as the geothermal heating and cooling system and the smart functions where we can turn lights on, ac on, alarm on, webcam coffee machine etc all from our smartphone or computer etc.

Some more he says the trend is to have a home theater room with no windows all prewired and sound insulated. Of course wife loved the 1000 sq foot kitchen with island granite tops viking stove and sub zero clear glass fridge. Somemore the master suite is 1000 sq ft with French doors downstairs leading to pool. I like the game room with bar, library/study and 4 car garage. The pool is custom paved with integrated solar heating and spa.

Depending on our choice of flooring the total build price is $75-85 per square foot which also covers the detached garage and pool changing rooms. Instead of the changing rooms I am thinking of a home gym. Builder used to charge 120+ during the boom.

We are thinking of a 4500 sq ft 4 bedroom home or might even go 5000 sq. With our earnings here we can pay off the total cost in 6-8 years so its very affordable but what can you expect when you live in paradise?

Ah what can I say?

Life is sugar sweet. And so so good.

????????

So this mansion will cost USD $ 300000 to build?

???????

WTF am I doing here

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
????????

So this mansion will cost USD $ 300000 to build?

???????

WTF am I doing here

yup about that 300-350K

i dunno what you are doing there when this house is built we r gonna invite some family and friends over frm SG when they see the house they will hit the floor in shock.

Oh almost forgot one floor plan was 3 stores + basement so included a elevator. Can you imagine having elevator inside your house?

Oh man life is just toooooo good. Imagine if I had stayed in crappy Australia there is no way I can live this well.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup about that 300-350K

i dunno what you are doing there when this house is built we r gonna invite some family and friends over frm SG when they see the house they will hit the floor in shock.

Oh almost forgot one floor plan was 3 stores + basement so included a elevator. Can you imagine having elevator inside your house?

Oh man life is just toooooo good. Imagine if I had stayed in crappy Australia there is no way I can live this well. .

My crappy place do not have elevator.. no swimming pool.. no aircon.. only have ceiling fans, fire place and solid double bricks... it cost about $2000/m2 to buy an empty plot here.. way cheaper than yours ;-)

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
My crappy place do not have elevator.. no swimming pool.. no aircon.. only have ceiling fans, fire place and solid double bricks... it cost about $2000/m2 to buy an empty plot here.. way cheaper than yours ;-)

Sounds terrible. Poor you. Our land is 1000X cheaper than yours and so are our house building costs. And our cars and our food. Shit everything is just so much cheaper than Australia.

Now wifey is talking to our part time maid to see if she can be full time to do the cooking cleaning etc everyday.

With such cheap labor what to do?

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds terrible. Poor you. Our land is 1000X cheaper than yours and so are our house building costs. And our cars and our food. Shit everything is just so much cheaper than Australia.

Now wifey is talking to our part time maid to see if she can be full time to do the cooking cleaning etc everyday.

With such cheap labor what to do?

Serious? Care to share how much the maid there in States will be?

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Serious? Care to share how much the maid there in States will be?

Were paying her ten bucks an hour three times a week. This maid is the best she drives herself goes to the store and picks the kid up from school too. Dinner is always waiting too. Last time she went to the store she called up and asked if I wanted any beer:biggrin::biggrin:

As you know our beer here is like 1/2 the cost of shit Australia so of course I said yes:biggrin::biggrin: We can afford it just like I can roll the Vueve Cliquot out for only 38 bucks a bottle too.

There is a Hong Kong couple we know here who brought their filipino maid over and she has a greencard now. She told us we can pay her minimum wage if she comes over full time room and board so its like really cheap man say only like 1200 bucks a month and she's happy. People in Australia can only dream.

Better be careful though the freaking SG inlaws will come and stay too long if the maid is full time.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Were paying her ten bucks an hour three times a week. This maid is the best she drives herself goes to the store and picks the kid up from school too. Dinner is always waiting too. Last time she went to the store she called up and asked if I wanted any beer:biggrin::biggrin:

As you know our beer here is like 1/2 the cost of shit Australia so of course I said yes:biggrin::biggrin: We can afford it just like I can roll the Vueve Cliquot out for only 38 bucks a bottle too.

There is a Hong Kong couple we know here who brought their filipino maid over and she has a greencard now. She told us we can pay her minimum wage if she comes over full time room and board so its like really cheap man say only like 1200 bucks a month and she's happy. People in Australia can only dream.

Better be careful though the freaking SG inlaws will come and stay too long if the maid is full time.

Told my wife about the availability of maids in the USA we were expecting to pay extremely high fees however this changes everything. That really makes the US much more attractive now.

As our children are getting older we need to think about their University soon. Obviously the US beats all other nations for tertiary education and we want to give them the very best so of course Australia is out (they rank among the lowest in the world for tertiary so its a waste of time and money) as OZ is basically a downgrade these days but the maid and housing issue is the clincher for the US here. Plus the Wife has heard some very disturbing news of Racism against Asians in Oz so she wont even consider it - that's good cause I wont consider it financially.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Told my wife about the availability of maids in the USA we were expecting to pay extremely high fees however this changes everything. That really makes the US much more attractive now.

As our children are getting older we need to think about their University soon. Obviously the US beats all other nations for tertiary education and we want to give them the very best so of course Australia is out (they rank among the lowest in the world for tertiary so its a waste of time and money) as OZ is basically a downgrade these days but the maid and housing issue is the clincher for the US here. Plus the Wife has heard some very disturbing news of Racism against Asians in Oz so she wont even consider it - that's good cause I wont consider it financially.

I hear ya re the maid issue it makes the wife much happier. She is living the life she could never lead in SG nor in Australia for that matter. Last week one of her SG friends was here and they went shopping. I mean this SG girl was typical all she could do was talk about how our mall and shops were 1/5 of the SG price for shoe or clothing. Aiyah what to do. Wife work a few hours everyday and making very good money so can afford unlike in SG.

One time Wifey and friend in her new C300 was discussing with Mercedes concierge best place for shoes in Nordstrom Rack so concierge downloaded the location to GPS and they came back with 15 pairs of name brand shoes. SG friend said same would cost 5000 in SG.:eek:

And then when arrive home the maid unloaded the car for them. :p U should see the car. Fully loaded with shopping bag.

Last edited:

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh I almost forgot. This SG Girl also bought 5 apple Ipads, 3 computers and a camera. Said our prices are much lower than SG for computers too. I usually get my stuff from tiger direct their deals are good.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh I almost forgot. This SG Girl also bought 5 apple Ipads, 3 computers and a camera. Said our prices are much lower than SG for computers too. I usually get my stuff from tiger direct their deals are good.

Wow looking at tigerdirect.com now. Excellent prices! Makes our sim lim look bad!

BTW what is this geothermal thing?

Last edited:

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow looking at tigerdirect.com now. Excellent prices! Makes our sim lim look bad!

BTW what is this geothermal thing?

Its a system that uses the natural temp of the ground to cool/heat the house without the usual condensor or heat pump. The govt is paying 30% in the form of a tax credit and since I pay very little every year in taxes I could pay 0 and STILL earn alot of $$$ for quite some time. All in all I have paid almost nothing in taxes the last 7 years. If I lived in Australia I would have paid almost everything I made to those idiots.

We were doing some figures tonight and it looks like we have some choices. We can retire very very rich at 50 and stay in our current house with pensions kicking in later or we can go ahead build our dream house pay it off in 7 years and retire at 55. I feel truly blessed tonight.

I talked to Mr Mt Lawley in Perth Australia and he told me he can only retire after his 800K mortgage is paid off. Alot of people in Australia are in trouble like him.

I can see the future though. And its bright. I feel so lucky to be here and have the choices I do and thank the big guy up above I left Australia.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
suppose if i were to buy an apt/house in major US city, who is there to manage it for me? what is the occupancy rate like there?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I talked to Mr Mt Lawley in Perth Australia and he told me he can only retire after his 800K mortgage is paid off. Alot of people in Australia are in trouble like him.

I can see the future though. And its bright. I feel so lucky to be here and have the choices I do and thank the big guy up above I left Australia.

Hey Red.. you should ask this Mr Boroondara in Melbourne.. he owe 1.2mil.. and he can never retire :(.. However, when the exchange turned 1.45.. he can get ready to dispose everthing and retire in Ballarat :biggrin::wink::rolleyes::p

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a system that uses the natural temp of the ground to cool/heat the house without the usual condensor or heat pump. The govt is paying 30% in the form of a tax credit and since I pay very little every year in taxes I could pay 0 and STILL earn alot of $$$ for quite some time. All in all I have paid almost nothing in taxes the last 7 years. If I lived in Australia I would have paid almost everything I made to those idiots.

We were doing some figures tonight and it looks like we have some choices. We can retire very very rich at 50 and stay in our current house with pensions kicking in later or we can go ahead build our dream house pay it off in 7 years and retire at 55. I feel truly blessed tonight.

Retirement at 50? Something Singaporeans cannot readily achieve. Lucky you, redbill.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Retirement at 50? Something Singaporeans cannot readily achieve. Lucky you, redbill.

Gotta time it carefully but yeah 55 to me is perfect. Retired with money coming in and a kid in high school. 50 might be a bit too early but financially we can make it work especially after paying off the new house in about 7 years AND renting out our present house cause we sure cant sell it in this market but if we do then 50 it is cause then we will also buy 40'RV. Will spend all my time golfing, learning to fly, boating and traveling around in the RV

Ah the sweet life. The good life.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will spend all my time golfing, learning to fly, boating and traveling around in the RV

Ah the sweet life. The good life.

I'm glad we have the same plan.. and we are not far away from achieving the goals.. 3 Cheers for our "balls" to leave the comfort zone..