Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,601
    My Reputation Points: 273 / Power: 7

    Default Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

    http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne...20-237997.html

    Man dies an hour after being hit by MRT train


    Mon, Sep 20, 2010
    my paper



    By Rachel Chan

    A MYANMAR national was killed after being hit by a train at Khatib MRT station early yesterday morning.

    Mr Than Saw, a project supervisor with a construction company here, is believed to have been drinking before he fell onto the tracks and got pinned under a south-bound train at 12.45am.


    The Singapore Civil Defence Force told my paper that officers took 20 minutes to free him and had to amputate the lower part of his left leg.

    He had been trapped under the train's third carriage, said the SCDF spokesman.

    Mr Than Saw, who is in his 30s, also sustained multiple fractures and was taken to the nearby Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, where he died about an hour later.

    Police have classified the case as an unnatural death and are investigating.

    Khatib MRT station does not have half-height platform screen doors installed, which would prevent commuters from falling onto the tracks.

    The Land Transport Authority had said that it would spend $126 million to install a total of 1,920 doors a t a l l 36 above-ground stations on the North-South and East-West lines by 2012.

    There have been six cases of commuters either falling or making their way onto the tracks so far this year. Four of them resulted in deaths.

    The last reported case at Khatib MRT station was in 2000, when a woman wandered onto the tracks. The train driver managed to brake in time and the woman escaped injury.

    Yesterday, the last four south-bound trains from Yishun to Ang Mo Kio MRT stations were disrupted as a result of the incident. About 50 passengers were affected, said an SMRT spokesman.

    SMRT offered them a free bus service to ferry them from Yishun to Khatib, Yio Chu Kang and Ang Mo Kio MRT stations, where the trains were scheduled to end their service.

    Passengers who were unable to complete their journeys due to the disruption can claim a full fare refund from the Passenger Service Centre at any of the 69 SMRT stations within the next three working days, added the spokesman.

    [email protected]


    For more my paper stories click here.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,676
    My Reputation Points: 1628 / Power: 89

    Default Re: Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

    Quote Originally Posted by metalslug View Post

    Police have classified the case as an unnatural death and are investigating.
    He was run over by a train, lost his leg and obviously suffered numerous other serious injuries. Dying from such massive trauma is perfectly natural.

    It would be a lot more "unnatural" if he had survived.


    Screw the CPF! Beat Ho Ching's returns by converting your SGD to ARS and earn 27.18% interest immediately
    Reputation System FAQ
    Wanted : Sam Leong
    NRIC: S1599536-L
    DOB: 25 May 66
    Last known address:Rented Room in Bedok South
    Please note that this Moniker is no longer Persian
    I am now of Burmese descent




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    in a longkang somewhere in Mozambique
    Posts
    7,743
    My Reputation Points: 914 / Power: 8

    Default Re: Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

    very fishy..

    12.45am - thats when trains have stopped running...how did a train hit him? Phantom train?

    Secondly, if the trains have stopped running, where in hell is the security that allow him to venture inside Khatib station?

    And with nowadays, got train marshalls and security counters...didn't someone notice him being intoxicated when he walked past the ticket gantry? No one stopped him?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    13,163
    My Reputation Points: 664 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

    It's always appearing fishy in our clean Singapore .

    You are always giving them more credit than they deserve .

    Sometimes just " lapse " and sometimes " relapse " .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    24,105
    My Reputation Points: 2428 / Power: 13

    Default Re: Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

    Quote Originally Posted by red amoeba View Post
    very fishy..

    12.45am - thats when trains have stopped running...how did a train hit him? Phantom train?

    Secondly, if the trains have stopped running, where in hell is the security that allow him to venture inside Khatib station?

    And with nowadays, got train marshalls and security counters...didn't someone notice him being intoxicated when he walked past the ticket gantry? No one stopped him?
    The CCTV's have face recongnition for Uncle Yap, CSJ & maybe GMS and others, especially CSJ...it will trigger a phalanx of poodles in 5 minutes flat, other than that, tipsy Burmese etc...they can not see.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,076
    My Reputation Points: 58 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

    what's happening?

    the guy is working on site or just wandering around the station at 1245am? if it's the later, why is the guy still allowed in the station, and be on the platform at that time?

    Khatib station
    201 Yishun Ave 2
    Singapore 769092
    Train service terminating at Jurong East
    First train service Monday to Friday To YIS 0518 HRS
    To JUR 0524 HRS
    Saturday To YIS 0518 HRS
    To JUR 0524 HRS
    Sunday & Public Holiday 0547 HRS
    Last train service terminating daily at Kranji 0033 HRS
    Jurong East 0015 HRS
    Train service terminating at Marina Bay
    First train service Monday to Saturday 0528 HRS
    Sunday & Public Holiday 0555 HRS
    Last train service terminating daily at Marina Bay 2324 HRS
    Toa Payoh 0000 HRS
    Ang Mo Kio 0049 HRS

    For last train service timings at the following interchanges:
    via : http://www.smrt.com.sg/trains/train_timings.asp

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Graveyard
    Posts
    6,216
    My Reputation Points: 4577 / Power: 14

    Default Re: Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

    security zzzzz ...
    he is drunk n manage to enter the station...
    1 FT less for sporns ...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    in a longkang somewhere in Mozambique
    Posts
    7,743
    My Reputation Points: 914 / Power: 8

    Default Re: Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

    exactly...SMRT likes to give very airy statements like this.

    Even laymen like us can already poke holes into this incident. Either the leeporter got the timing wrong or choose to omit details that highlight the gross insufficiency of security at the stations.

    If a Swiss chap can walk in and spray graffiti then those stupid commercials asking us to vigilant to keep a look out for suspicious bags is an irony. You cannot even get your backdoor secure yet you ask others to watch your door for you. WTF.

    Every year raise train fares and yet, security seem to go down. Ok, I won't lament on the overcrowding, its been said enough already.

    Usually when the last train has passed, they would lock up the station. I strongly suspect this drunk chap walked to Khatib from the stretch of track that was on ground level near Lentour...remember few years ago, some idiot crash a car into the tracks?

    Thats the only explanation.

    But that does not explain why he was killed by a train...unless they are the returning train going to Bishan depot...which means the fucking driver is sleeping at the controls?

    Or if that Burnese guy is working on track maintenance etc...2 wrongs:

    a. he is drunk at work....which company is that...

    b. someone is working on the track and the fucking train is still running? if so, why do they need to close all train services bet Jurong East and Bt Batok? They can jolly well work too with trains running and not cause inconvenience to commuters.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,076
    My Reputation Points: 58 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

    hmm, regarding the train timing. read in other sources that it's indeed the very last south bound train.

    about 50 other pax affected. got transfered to buses.

    train 1245 at Khatib. supposed to be at AMK 1249. sounds just about right.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,103
    My Reputation Points: 338 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

    The train hit the man. Very funny. It sound like the man stand on platform and the train suddenly fly onto the platform to hit the man. Shouldn't it be MAN JUMP ON MRT TRACKS! Such lousy English and still kpkb say us lousy English.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    13,163
    My Reputation Points: 664 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

    Quote Originally Posted by annexa View Post
    The train hit the man. Very funny. It sound like the man stand on platform and the train suddenly fly onto the platform to hit the man. Shouldn't it be MAN JUMP ON MRT TRACKS! Such lousy English and still kpkb say us lousy English.
    They should mention man hit MRT with body !

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,562
    My Reputation Points: 346 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

    Quote Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
    They should mention man hit MRT with body !
    They should add that this guy dance along the new MRT jingle "Train is coming, train is coming?"...
    Life is about Payroll and Claims - $$$

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oxley Rise, Con You is my roomate
    Posts
    9,110
    My Reputation Points: 2283 / Power: 11

    Default Re: Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

    Quote Originally Posted by red amoeba View Post
    very fishy..

    12.45am - thats when trains have stopped running...how did a train hit him? Phantom train?

    Secondly, if the trains have stopped running, where in hell is the security that allow him to venture inside Khatib station?

    And with nowadays, got train marshalls and security counters...didn't someone notice him being intoxicated when he walked past the ticket gantry? No one stopped him?
    I think sometimes the last train departs the first station at 12.30am or something like that. By the the time it reaches Khatib, could be 12.45am. Anyway, that area got a lot of FT workers, security is not going to border with FTs wondering around. As for train marshalls, who the fuck are they? I have never seen one. Those staff behind the glass command centre don't care if you are drunk or naked. I have never seen them come out of their glass booth to stop anyone.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    947
    My Reputation Points: 81 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

    Er..hopefully the Burmese junta got nothing to do with this

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    947
    My Reputation Points: 81 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

    Maybe he got frightened by the new jingle, sung by the Dim Sum Dollies

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sink City
    Posts
    22,302
    My Reputation Points: 3016 / Power: 15

    Default Re: Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

    one less FT, hurray. hip hip hurray.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,667
    My Reputation Points: 241 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

    Don't be so cruel, die like this so tragic, you should say like this...

    "So tragic to die like that, rest in peace."

    No thanks to SMRT now Sinkapoor lost one talent has to import another.

    Quote Originally Posted by singveld View Post
    one less FT, hurray. hip hip hurray.
    Say you, Say mee, Say nothing when there is nothing good to say.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    584
    My Reputation Points: 36 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

    He was drunk, so he probably heard, "Train is coming ... . train is coming . .. train is coming . . . jump now . . . waste yr life!"

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pyramid
    Posts
    18,731
    My Reputation Points: 898 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

    Very strong man, this Burmese man, could last an hour after impact. All Singaporean MRT jumpers were dead on impact.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    197
    My Reputation Points: 14 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Burmese dies an hour after being hit by MRT train

    Quote Originally Posted by metalslug View Post
    http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne...20-237997.html

    Man dies an hour after being hit by MRT train


    Mon, Sep 20, 2010
    my paper



    By Rachel Chan

    A MYANMAR national was killed after being hit by a train at Khatib MRT station early yesterday morning.

    Mr Than Saw, a project supervisor with a construction company here, is believed to have been drinking before he fell onto the tracks and got pinned under a south-bound train at 12.45am.


    The Singapore Civil Defence Force told my paper that officers took 20 minutes to free him and had to amputate the lower part of his left leg.

    He had been trapped under the train's third carriage, said the SCDF spokesman.

    Mr Than Saw, who is in his 30s, also sustained multiple fractures and was taken to the nearby Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, where he died about an hour later.

    Police have classified the case as an unnatural death and are investigating.

    Khatib MRT station does not have half-height platform screen doors installed, which would prevent commuters from falling onto the tracks.

    The Land Transport Authority had said that it would spend $126 million to install a total of 1,920 doors a t a l l 36 above-ground stations on the North-South and East-West lines by 2012.

    There have been six cases of commuters either falling or making their way onto the tracks so far this year. Four of them resulted in deaths.

    The last reported case at Khatib MRT station was in 2000, when a woman wandered onto the tracks. The train driver managed to brake in time and the woman escaped injury.

    Yesterday, the last four south-bound trains from Yishun to Ang Mo Kio MRT stations were disrupted as a result of the incident. About 50 passengers were affected, said an SMRT spokesman.

    SMRT offered them a free bus service to ferry them from Yishun to Khatib, Yio Chu Kang and Ang Mo Kio MRT stations, where the trains were scheduled to end their service.

    Passengers who were unable to complete their journeys due to the disruption can claim a full fare refund from the Passenger Service Centre at any of the 69 SMRT stations within the next three working days, added the spokesman.

    [email protected]


    For more my paper stories click here.
    Serves him right, I got no sympathy for this fuckin mianmar trash!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 02:35 PM
  2. Burmese FTrash Sublet PHole to 10 Other Burmese FTrash!
    By makapaaa in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 01:35 AM
  3. Eastbound train services suspended with a passenger hit a train
    By Watchman in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-05-2010, 08:52 AM
  4. Japan Hour? Korean Hour?
    By Ash007 in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 28-08-2009, 08:20 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 03:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •