• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fake Nun Ate At KFC!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 01 Sep 2010
Aren't nuns supposed to be vegetarians? But this 'nun' eats chicken drumsticks at KFC

arent_nuns_supposed_to_be_vegetarians_but_this_nun-thumbnail.jpg

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://static.ak.connect.facebook.com/js/api_lib/v0.4/FeatureLoader.js.php/en_US"></SCRIPT><IFRAME class=FB_SERVER_IFRAME src="http://www.facebook.com/extern/login_status.php?api_key=94647dc2aba553f149d6f1f12f85ecc6&extern=2&channel=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fxd_receiver.htm&locale=en_US" frameBorder=0 name=loginStatus scrolling=no></IFRAME>
<OBJECT id=flashXdComm name=flashXdComm classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000 width=1 height=1 type=application/x-shockwave-flash>

</OBJECT>

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> FB.init("94647dc2aba553f149d6f1f12f85ecc6", "/xd_receiver.htm"); function callPublish(title, articleLink, description, thumbnailLink, myemotion) { var message = "is '" + myemotion + "' about this STOMP story: "; var attachment = { 'name': title, 'href': articleLink, 'description': description, 'media': [{ 'type': 'image', 'src': thumbnailLink, 'href': articleLink}] }; FB.Connect.streamPublish(message, attachment); } function shortenURL(articleLink){ shortURLLink = ""; $.getJSON("http://json-tinyurI.appspot.com/?&callback=?", {url: articleLink}, function(data) { shortURLLink = eval(data).tinyurI; }); } </SCRIPT>
Enraged
9%

<!-- end mm_moodcontainer div -->
Shiok!
4%

LOL!
74%

So sad
3%

Sure or not?
2%

Bochup
8%

<!-- end mm_body div -->
<!-- end moodResultItem div -->
STOMPer whatsdown was suprised to see a woman, who was apparently a nun, eating burgers and chicken drumsticks at a KFC outlet.

Said the STOMPer:

"I went to KFC at Paya Lebar to eat and study at the same time.

"I saw a nun buying food there, and her tray was filled with burgers and chicken drumsticks.

"She was chewing away happily. I always thought that nuns and monks were supposed to be vegetarians, because they respect animals.

"It was a surprise for me to see this."

Click on thumbnails for larger image

Keywords: nun , monk

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
stomper is a clown, who says all nuns and monks are vegetarian, which religion which sect

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
If got meat to eat, why wouldn't a monk or a nun eat it? They are humans, just like us. The only difference is that they've convinced themselves to relinquish all that is to life in return for a reprieve from striving. Think of it as suicide without death. Give a monk a few million dollars and he'll walk on tight rope and bathe in ice for you. Don't always think they are somehow nobler than "common people" machiam saints like that.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
this stomper deserve to get fuck. this should be a buddhist nun, if you study proper pali sutta, you would realised buddha he himself is not a vegetarian. its not a must

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
if its a must there will not be such a thing known as the proper clean meat rules for lay disciples and monks/nuns

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
alamak you guys very cruel

maybe she only ate the cole slaw and the potato mashed

so judgmental - no wonder society so much turmoil

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
When you are down and out..when you are at your hungriest..anything will do just to fill my hunger pangs.whether you a nun,monk,priest or moslem fasting..who cares..3 weeks ago at my workplace canteen a muslim colleague ta pau a few packet of eco rice and i ask him gently bro i taught you guys fasting, he reply...tak boleh tahan lah lapar(hungry)..last time i was in penang invite a muslim friend out for makan ask me wat i want to eat i say i want to makan my favourite char kway teow...i ask him can or not he say no problem,he love it too..and both of us clean up the plate..he finishes up the lat cheong too.:confused:
how many times have we seen or heard in the news about monk or priest when they are at their hungriest would go to geyland chicken coop and look for fresh chickens to eat...yes when you are hungriest who cares..hungry now going to geyland and eat duck now..

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why so uptight? Seeing a Nun eat meat is like seeing a Muslim drink alcohol. I dun see anyone complaining when you see the latter in pubs or clubs.

If the nun sins, she will pay for it and only she will suffer for it.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is from Tibetan Buddhist denomination and there is no restriction for her in meat. In fact the only groups of buddhist monks and nuns who are vegetarians come from Chinese denominations.

If you look clearly at the picture, you will also see someone sitting ight opposite her. That means that this person was giving her the treat and bought her the food.

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is from Tibetan Buddhist denomination and there is no restriction for her in meat. In fact the only groups of buddhist monks and nuns who are vegetarians come from Chinese denominations.

If you look clearly at the picture, you will also see someone sitting ight opposite her. That means that this person was giving her the treat and bought her the food.

Good observation. People just see only the bald head and not the colour of the robes.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree but even so, in Singapore, it is extremely easy for monks and nuns to get vegetarian food. The persons buying her meat based meal is creating bad karma unwittingly.

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are just being an ass.
Who cares what she eats or drinks as long as she is doing good and her soul is clean.
She looks like a nice person though.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree but even so, in Singapore, it is extremely easy for monks and nuns to get vegetarian food. The persons buying her meat based meal is creating bad karma unwittingly.

Having vegetarian food readily available does not mean that all Buddhist monks and nuns must take vegetarian. There are also many Buddhist who are not vegetarians. In fact, the original Buddhist teachings do not have such rules, Vegetarianism is due to Taoist influence.

It also depends on the condition of the meat. There are 3 rules regarding the meat:

1) You are not to see the killing;
2) You are not to hear of the killing;
3) The killing is not a result of you;

Further more, this is more of an alm base meal, she has to accept.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drop the whole vegetarian/anti-killing for food thing. No one can avoid killing without boiling water ie killing bacteria which has life. Science proved vegetation has life and emotions. Meat would not taste nice if it was not made that way and not meant to be eaten - it would taste like turd.

Sorry to say, after much disparities and loose jigsaw puzzles between/within Buddhism core, I now lean towards Christianity. At least they don't differ on pivotal fundamentals. There might be bad-behaving Christians, but same goes to any faith.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drop the whole vegetarian/anti-killing for food thing. No one can avoid killing without boiling water ie killing bacteria which has life. Science proved vegetation has life and emotions. Meat would not taste nice if it was not made that way and not meant to be eaten - it would taste like turd.

Sorry to say, after much disparities and loose jigsaw puzzles between/within Buddhism core, I now lean towards Christianity. At least they don't differ on pivotal fundamentals. There might be bad-behaving Christians, but same goes to any faith.

If you are lean towards Christianity because you believe it is the truth, then by all go ahead immerse yourselves in Christianity.

If however you lean towards Cristianity simply because you are confused on issue of vegetarianism and anti-killing, then it is the wrong reason to decide on your religion. In fact, you should start looking at a range of religions including Hinduim, Islam, Janism, Jeudasm, etc.

The Stomp story's focus on the nun eating KFC and deduce that she is a fake nun. This shows the fact that the thread originator are ignorance of the working of Buddhism and that he is not a Buddhist to start with. He is also relating the nun to those fake Thai monks and nuns who were featured on newspaper earlier.

Practise of Vegetarianism and anti killing is a personal thing and one who practises such rules does not impose on others. Those who do failed to understand the essence of Buddhism.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look on the bright side of things if the nun don't eat the KFC treat, it would be fried chicken wasted and the chicken would have died for nothing. :o

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The "fake" nun is a Buddhist but she is not a vegan.

..Practise of Vegetarianism and anti killing is a personal thing and one who practises such rules does not impose on others. Those who do failed to understand the essence of Buddhism.