• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bizarre Baggage Of Animal Smugglers

Himiko

Alfrescian
Loyal

15711668.jpg

The UK Border Agency has cracked down on animal smugglers, after a series of bizarre finds.
Among its top 10 unusual seizures was a pet Boa Constrictor that was found wrapped around a passenger's leg.

15711669.jpg

Officials at Gatwick Airport, south of London, found three rare Copes Alligator lizards smuggled inside a video tape.

Himiko

Alfrescian
Loyal

15711672.jpg

A British man checked in a suitcase carrying 1,000 live spiders - all individually boxed.

15711671.jpg

A striped animal skin, suspected of being from an endangered species, was later found to be the skin of a large domestic dog,
which had been painted to look like that of a tiger.

Himiko

Alfrescian
Loyal

15711670.jpg

A briefcase full of dead pigeons was seized on its way into the UK. Some of the birds, which were found at Gatwick last month,
had all of their feathers removed - leading to suspicions they may have been headed for British restaurants.

15711692.jpg

A highly venomous gaboon viper, like this one on display in Las Vegas, was found in a parcel from Tanzania.

Himiko

Alfrescian
Loyal

15711693.jpg

A puff adder was also found in the same package from Africa. (Photo: Al Cortiz)

15711691.jpg

More than 40 dried seahorses, like these being sold in Beijing, were detected on a passenger travelling from Shanghai.
The tiny creatures are ground up and used in Chinese traditional medicine.

Himiko

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_3sWEk_JE1M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_3sWEk_JE1M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

15711668.jpg

The UK Border Agency has cracked down on animal smugglers, after a series of bizarre finds.
Among its top 10 unusual seizures was a pet Boa Constrictor that was found wrapped around a passenger's leg.

15711669.jpg

Officials at Gatwick Airport, south of London, found three rare Copes Alligator lizards smuggled inside a video tape.

that is not a boa constrictor ...thats a albino ball python !!!

C

Cao Pi

Mr Know-It-All, this is how you should do it and not quoting the whole post for a one liner reply. :biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mr Know-It-All, this is how you should do it and not quoting the whole post for a one liner reply. :biggrin:

i just happens to know reptiles more then you do ...:wink:

I don't mind that you are talking so long as you don't mind that I'm not listening.:wink:

hunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should have seen the case of Thai woman who attempted to smuggle a baby tiger along with a stuff tiger toy :biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
animal smugglers knows more about animals then zoo keepers ....trust me .

True. They know the animal, they know the source, they also know the buyers.

This (and human) trade are the most sickening. It just appalls me that our species would use our status, knowledge, and ability to exploit those at the bottom of the rung to make more money. I wish the UN peacekeeping forces could be redeployed to watch out for poachers of animals than to act as watchdogs over competing warlords; which are all bloodthirsty fuckheads, let them get over their jobs as quickly as possible and get down to nation building. But the animals have no one to speak for them. Some things shoud be implemented immediately, and they shouldn't be difficult if there was a political will:-

- Outlaw caged birds in private residences
- Outlaw exotic pets without local zoo's approval
- Outlaw dog/cat breeding other than licensed by Kennel/Feline Club
- Give authority to SPCA to persecute vilolators
- Outlaw sharksfin, birdsnest, non-farm animal meat other than fish with fins and scales
- Stiffer penalties for trade in endangered species (fine is a joke); how about rotan?
- Start implementing animals rights.

Lots of blokes would scoff at the above, but those are my beliefs, and I pass them on to my next gen.

Damn, I'm getting caried away..

Cheers!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
True. They know the animal, they know the source, they also know the buyers.

This (and human) trade are the most sickening. It just appalls me that our species would use our status, knowledge, and ability to exploit those at the bottom of the rung to make more money. I wish the UN peacekeeping forces could be redeployed to watch out for poachers of animals than to act as watchdogs over competing warlords; which are all bloodthirsty fuckheads, let them get over their jobs as quickly as possible and get down to nation building. But the animals have no one to speak for them. Some things shoud be implemented immediately, and they shouldn't be difficult if there was a political will:-

- Outlaw caged birds in private residences
- Outlaw exotic pets without local zoo's approval
- Outlaw dog/cat breeding other than licensed by Kennel/Feline Club
- Give authority to SPCA to persecute vilolators
- Outlaw sharksfin, birdsnest, non-farm animal meat other than fish with fins and scales
- Stiffer penalties for trade in endangered species (fine is a joke); how about rotan?
- Start implementing animals rights.

Lots of blokes would scoff at the above, but those are my beliefs, and I pass them on to my next gen.

Damn, I'm getting caried away..

Cheers!

bro , most of those animals (exotic pets) are not wild caught . buyers , animals collector dont want wild caught animal because those animals have medical problems such as ( external parasites, internal parasites , endoparasites , respiratory problems , regurgitation , mouth rot , viral , retroviral promblems ...ect ) . they are captive breed . Exotics pets should be allowed to keep as pets just like dogs cats , birds , fish ,hamsters ...ect in fact most of the fishes you see selling in singapore are wild caught , and AVA do nothing about it . in the U.S , japan and other eroupean countries even taiwan , hongkong and thailand those exotics pets are actually like other domestic pets . do not fool by AVA ...telling people its endanger species .

when there is huge demand for exotics pets , breeder will try to breed them ( thats why they will never be endanger species ) i am against people who sell ivory , tiger skin ...ect . because you have to kill the animal first before you can get what you want . but i support exotic pets because i own 2 exotics pet shop in tokyo :smile: i also do animals and reptiles breeding . when i was young i was into exotics pets but singapore law cant allow people to keep it , thats one of the reason i left singapore ( i study extotics for nearly 20years ) exotics business is big money ...trust me ...and im a animal lover .

checkout this website for exotics pets ..www.kingsnake.com .

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ODOxhvizlpc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ODOxhvizlpc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2brd20OAXuY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2brd20OAXuY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VosJIQrxtmI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VosJIQrxtmI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Kbb148

Ya . Actually most ppl think exotic pet = endangered animal .Of coz some are , but most are not . And now , most breeders also don't like wild caught animals .
Alot of countries can keep many types of animals as pets , where we in sg would likely to deem it as "exotic".
Here only reptile according to Ava website is red slider turtle(from US not native to sg). Chinchillas are from Africa . We tend to assume those animals not allowed as pets here =exotic=endangered .

Kbb148

And Ava website say they don't allowed animals which can cause panic if the animal runs away or release by owners. Dogs also can run away . A big dog Can be quite intimidating as well . Like this why not ban dogs .