• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rally Together Support Malik's Standing Up Against FAPEE Sell Cuntry Thieves!!!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Thank you, Malik, for standing up!</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>12:10 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 1) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>38083.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Former RI boy Abdul Malik turned into “celebrity” overnight for standing up to the PAP

PostDateIcon.png
August 28th, 2010 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Your Correspondent

Mr Abdul Malik, an alumnus of the top secondary school in Singapore Raffles Institution was propelled into instant “stardom” overnight after he was arrested by the Singapore police for “inciting violence and public disorder”.
Mr Malik had posted a comment on his Facebook taking Dr Vivian to task for the YOG mass food poisoning scandal on 15 August which caused 21 YOG volunteers to suffer from diarrhoea after taking food provided by the YOG caterer.
According to international news agency Agence France-Presse (AFP), Mr Malik posted a comment written in capital letters saying that the incident showed it was time to “burn Vivian Balakrishnan and the PAP”. In the same posting, he also called on the public to “rally together to vote them out”.
He was arrested at his workplace on Tuesday morning by three plain-clothes police officers from Bedok Police Division whose Commander is DAC Teo Chun Ching and Head Investigator is DSP Goh Tat Boon.
Below is a snapshot of the original comment posted by Mr Malik who got him into trouble with the police:
malikcomment1-493x480.jpg

Most Singaporeans do not buy the story of the police that Mr Malik is a “threat” to “public order” and feel that its approach has been over-bearing and heavy-handed.
Prominent Singapore blogger Mr Brown wrote sarcastically that anyone with “half a brain” will realize that Mr Malik was not inciting any violence:
“Personally, I think his only crime was typing in all caps and the overuse of exclamation marks (I suggest a month’s community service for every unnecessary exclamation mark). You may even take him to task for misspelling the name of our Sports Minister (it’s “Vivian” and not “Vivien”, and he’s a bloke). But I think anyone with half a brain will realize that in the context of what Mr Ghazali wrote, he was not inciting any violence or asking folks to set a minister on fire.” (Read more here)
Another netizen Kojakbt asked how a simple metaphor like “burn” can be misconstrued to mean “inciting violence and public disorder”:
“Now, you can physically burn a person but how are you supposed to burn a political party? Moving to the next sentence, “Rally together and vote them out!!!”, he was clearly qualifying his previous “burn” remark by asking the citizens to vote PAP out. Hence, reading both sentences together, the meaning of the word “burn” becomes clearer. It’s referring to burning as in the idiom, “burning someone at the stake”. Figuratively, it means “to chastise or denounce someone severely or excessively” ([URL]http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/burn+at+the+stake)[/URL]. In short, it’s clear to most people who have passed their GCE ‘O’ level English that Mr Malik was speaking metaphorically when he used the word “burn”. I’m puzzled that the person who reported this to the police cannot understand simple English?”
Mr Malik has also received numerous well-wishes and pledges of support from ordinary Singaporeans.
One of them Dave Raff thanked Mr Malik for standing up:
“Dear Malik:
I have heard what had happen. most of them take it as a laughing stuff and simply view you as famous. this is not the way I guess.
I would say many thanks to you and nothing can buy over your guts for doing so. you have said what needed to be said and the rest is in singaporeans hand when the time comes. I know how you feel on what happening around you and the rest of us. You are one of Singaporeans that stood up. I wish you the best in your journey and whatever it takes you have to be strong. God bless you.”
The PAP regime and the Singapore police should learn from this lesson and refrain from using the law to quash online dissent in the future or they will only be nurturing more “martyrs” like Mr Malik.

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>