• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Isabelle Li is Born & Bred Singaporean Chinese!

huahero

Alfrescian
Loyal
她是我们华人的骄傲!

http://www.todayonline.com/YOG/EDC100824-0000094/Isabelles-a-silver-star

Isabelle's a silver star
by Low Lin Fhoong
05:55 AM Aug 24, 2010

showimageCC.aspx

SINGAPORE - Born and bred right here in Singapore, Isabelle Li (picture) is doing her best to prove she can one day join the likes of imports Feng Tianwei, Li Jiawei and Wang Yuegu at the main table of the Republic's top women paddlers.

Yesterday, Isabelle, who turns 16 on Saturday, won a silver medal in the girls' singles event at the Youth Olympic Games. Cheered on by some 2,000 fans, including Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, the Singapore girl tried her very best against China's top seed Gu Yuting, but was beaten 11-8, 11-5, 11-8, 11-9.

"This is a very special medal for me because it's the first Youth Olympic Games and we worked very hard for this," said Isabelle. Singapore Table Tennis Association president Lee Bee Wah was ecstatic that their youth programme is beginning to bear fruit: "I almost cried when I saw how courageously she fought. I think she can be like Tianwei in the future."

Isabelle has certainly benefited from the world-class nature of the women's game at the national level.

"The women's team really helped show me nothing is impossible. They have generated more noise, interest and publicity for the sport," said Isabelle who is thriving at the Sports School. With increased Government funding, she has also been able to travel overseas consistently for competitions, training and sparring sessions.

Singapore's table tennis women won a silver medal at the 2008 Olympic Games in the team event and in May this year, they beat China for the world crown. Both senior teams featured paddlers from the foreign sports talent scheme.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just because the name is spelt Li in HYPY instead of the dialectal Lee, doesn't necessarily mean the person is from PRC. Since early 80s, Singapore government has been encouraging (though not strictly enforcing) ethnic Chinese parents to spell their babies' names in HYPY. Lee Hsien Loong's son was named Li Hongyi.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE - Born and bred right here in Singapore, Isabelle Li (picture) is doing her best to prove she can one day join the likes of imports Feng Tianwei, Li Jiawei and Wang Yuegu at the main table of the Republic's top women paddlers.

Ok, she had my attention. Will watch and cheer for her in future.

peterpan707

Alfrescian
Loyal
她是我们华人的骄傲!

http://www.todayonline.com/YOG/EDC100824-0000094/Isabelles-a-silver-star

Isabelle's a silver star
by Low Lin Fhoong
05:55 AM Aug 24, 2010

showimageCC.aspx

Yesterday, Isabelle, who turns 16 on Saturday, won a silver medal in the girls' singles event at the Youth Olympic Games. Cheered on by some 2,000 fans, including Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, the Singapore girl tried her very best against China's top seed Gu Yuting, but was beaten 11-8, 11-5, 11-8, 11-9.

"This is a very special medal for me because it's the first Youth Olympic Games and we worked very hard for this," said Isabelle. Singapore Table Tennis Association president Lee Bee Wah was ecstatic that their youth programme is beginning to bear fruit: "I almost cried when I saw how courageously she fought. I think she can be like Tianwei in the future."

Isabelle has certainly benefited from the world-class nature of the women's game at the national level.

"The women's team really helped show me nothing is impossible. They have generated more noise, interest and publicity for the sport," said Isabelle who is thriving at the Sports School. With increased Government funding, she has also been able to travel overseas consistently for competitions, training and sparring sessions.

Singapore's table tennis women won a silver medal at the 2008 Olympic Games in the team event and in May this year, they beat China for the world crown. Both senior teams featured paddlers from the foreign sports talent scheme.

The authority, please annouce the reward for her.
She achieve a silver herself but need 4 FT to achieve the same silver.

Since the authority can award the FT handsomely, please award her accordlying to support endosement to local sportwomen.

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just because the name is spelt Li in HYPY instead of the dialectal Lee, doesn't necessarily mean the person is from PRC. Since early 80s, Singapore government has been encouraging (though not strictly enforcing) ethnic Chinese parents to spell their babies' names in HYPY. Lee Hsien Loong's son was named Li Hongyi.

His grandfather name Li Kuang Yeow?

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I couldn't help noticing the way they place her name and country on the back of her polo shirt - "LI I S SIN". Considering that she wore a crucifix during the match. I had a good laff.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Must tell people that she is a citizen of SINgapore, pledge ourselves as one united people, regardless of language or race....to play ping pong for SINgapore; and not a foreign import...why have we come to this?