• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good Quotes

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I particularly like the ones highlighted in blue:rolleyes:

http://penguinppc.org/~hollisb/personal/quotes.shtml

Philosophy

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts."
- Bertrand Russell

"Whenever people agree with me I feel I must be wrong."
- Oscar Wilde

"Some people drown, that's all. It's not fair but it happens. Some people drown."
- Stephen King, Stand By Me

"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone."
- Al Capone

"Heresy is another word for freedom of thought."
- Graham Greene

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
- Sigmund Freud

"A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer."
- Mark Twain

"In the long run we are all dead."
- John Maynard Keynes

"The grass is always greener in a cemetary."
- Amanda Gonzalez

"An optimist is a guy that has never had much experience."
- Donald R. Perry Marquis

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
More yawns.....:rolleyes:

Could you please place all your "wisdom" posts in one thread.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The quote by Betrand Russell is probably the worst ever because too many insecure people have taken refuge by thinking they are intelligent and therefore can afford to have doubts.

There is no correlation between intelligence and one's insecurity on many things. Insecurity, health and mental health can befall even stupid people. If anything Intelligent people because they are smarter take pains to avoid getting worse.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hey,boss, different links different thread, that shld be the way what...?
If i squeeze them into one single thread, i doubt bros here will want to read as it is exhausting. So I decided that everyday I will post at least one wisdom related thread. hope you dun mind?:smile::o

More yawns.....:rolleyes:

Could you please place all your "wisdom" posts in one thread.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hey,scrooby, do you know that you damn "chim"? I have to read your sentences a few times to understand what you writing.:o I dun even know how to reply to you. Anyway, it's just a quote for inspiration, dun have to take it too seriously.:biggrin::wink:

The quote by Betrand Russell is probably the worst ever because too many insecure people have taken refuge by thinking they are intelligent and therefore can afford to have doubts.

There is no correlation between intelligence and one's insecurity on many things. Insecurity, health and mental health can befall even stupid people. If anything Intelligent people because they are smarter take pains to avoid getting worse.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
hey,boss, different links different thread, that shld be the way what...?
If i squeeze them into one single thread, i doubt bros here will want to read as it is exhausting. So I decided that everyday I will post at least one wisdom related thread. hope you dun mind?:smile::o

Just start a thread with the title "Krafty's Convoluted Wisdom" and add a post a day. Is that so difficult?:rolleyes:

I'm sick and tired of having to merge scores of threads on a daily basis.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Okay,boss!:smile: roger out! who ask you are the one that I respect most in current times. yao suan yao por,how does it feel?:biggrin::biggrin:

Just start a thread with the title "Krafty's Convoluted Wisdom" and add a post a day. Is that so difficult?:rolleyes:

I'm sick and tired of having to merge scores of threads on a daily basis.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Okay,boss!:smile: roger out! who ask you are the one that I respect most in current times. yao suan yao por,how does it feel?:biggrin::biggrin:

krafty taxi uncle,

of all people u respect an internet pimp the most??

KNNB.. u r getting worse by the day. in hokkien this syndrome is known as 'siow cheong naw' (sperm in brain). faster go find some paid sex. we all know u cannot find the unpaid version. :biggrin:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.
—Albert Einstein

2. Eighty percent of success is showing up.
—Woody Allen

3. I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education.
—Wilson Mizner

4. The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
—Daniel J. Boorstin

5. The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
—William Arthur Ward

6. If you don’t make mistakes, you’re not working on hard enough problems. And that’s a big mistake.
—Frank Wilczek

7. You can never get enough of what you don’t really need.
—Eric Hoffer

8. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
—Albert Einstein

9. Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress.
—Alfred A. Montapert

10. I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
—Bill Cosby

11. Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week.
—Spanish Proverb

12. Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
—Oscar Wilde

13. There is a great difference between worry and concern. A worried person sees a problem, and a concerned person solves a problem.
—Harold Stephens

14. It is easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
—Alfred Adler

15. I hear: I forget / I see: I remember / I do: I understand
—Chinese Proverb

16. Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.
—Unknown Author

17. The very best thing you can do for the whole world is to make the most of yourself.
—Wallace Wattles

18. Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
—Barry LePatner

19. When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.
—Abraham Lincoln

20. Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
—Winston Churchill