• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man shoved woman into train

C

Cao Pi

Man accused of shoving woman into NYC subway train

Published: Saturday, 14 Aug 2010 | 1:29 PM ET

NEW YORK - A man abruptly pushed a woman into the side of a moving New York City subway train, then told bystanders he couldn't explain his behavior, authorities said.

The German-born woman was hit but survived.
Jose Rojas, 25, was held without bail after his arraignment Thursday on attempted murder and assault charges, while victim Ute Linhart, a fashion industry executive, was hospitalized with broken ribs, a crushed sinus cavity and other injuries.

Rojas menaced another man on a Manhattan subway platform Wednesday night before walking up to Linhart, according to a court complaint. Then she was suddenly shoved forcefully into a northbound train rushing into the 28th Street station, the complaint said. The impact hurled her back toward the platform.

"As the impact happened, I'm thinking, 'I'm going to be dead,'" Linhart, 39, told the New York Post. "Then I realized that I was in so much pain, I couldn't possibly be dead." Bystanders stopped Rojas from running away, and he told them: "I don't know why I pushed her," the court complaint said.

Linhart, the creative director of a company that designs T-shirts and other merchandise for musicians, told the Post she'll never take the subway again. Rojas is due back in court Tuesday. If convicted, he could face up to 25 years in prison.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.