• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2010-11

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Time to start a new thread for Man U season 10-11 :biggrin::biggrin:

Lets get started, in my humble opinion.
Fresh crops of youngsters: Smalling, Hernandez, Obertan, Diouf, Nani, Rafael, Fabio, Anderson, Macheda, Welbeck and Valencia
Matured players: Kuszczak, Fletcher, Evans, Gibsons Rooney, Carrick, Ferdinand, Vidic, O'shea, Evra, Park, Berbatov
Old players: Owen, Gary, Giggs, Scholes, Van Der Saar

Looking at the departments,
For Attacking: Rooney, Berbatov, Hernandez, with Macheda, Wellbeck, Diouf as backup. - 8/10
For Wingers: Giggs, Park, Obertan, Valencia and Nani - 7/10
For Midfield: Scholes, Anderson, Carrick, Fletcher - 6.5/10
For Defend: O'shea, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Fabio, Rafael and Evans - 7.5/10
For Goalie: Van der saar, Kuszczack, Amos - 6.8/10

What we really need is a goalie and an attacking midfielder, the one who pull the strings between the midfield and the forwards. Scholes is too old for this role.

Potential players SAF might bring in? Vaart and Sneijder are perfect (me Dutch fan, LOL), Podolski is a good player. We need a Cantona No.2!!!!! LOL

Chances of Man U winning this season? 38% chances of winning it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p:p

jw5

Loyal
You forgot good ole Wes Brown. When fit, he is a very useful defender who can cover right and centre back.
Also Owen Hargreaves, who perhaps is better forgotten.

They are a bit short in midfield as Anderson is also injured and not expected to be back until Oct.
The premier league has a new rule this year that each team must name a squad of 25 players who are older than 21. Players under 21 need not be named in this list. Fergie is considering leaving out Hargreaves and Anderson.

Tom Cleverly, an England under 21 international, is an up and coming player, but he may be going out on loan.
The latest rumours are that Fergie may be going after Ozil, the German wonderboy.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chances of Man U winning this season? 38% chances of winning it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p:p

I'm expecting Sir Alex to field some unknown name starters.

Don't worry, Manchester United sure win, Wayne Piew always say so. :biggrin:

By the way, where's Wayne Piew after England got knocked out from the World Cup?

Running away from bookies and loansharks? :eek:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You forgot good ole Wes Brown. When fit, he is a very useful defender who can cover right and centre back.
Also Owen Hargreaves, who perhaps is better forgotten.

They are a bit short in midfield as Anderson is also injured and not expected to be back until Oct.
Oh yah, forgot Brownie, LOL
Yeah lor, the midfield a bit weak, though Obertan and Hernandez can fill that gap, but both quite young. I fancy these 2 to play a major part in this season title.

jw5

Loyal
Man Utd beat the MLS all stars 5-2 in their latest pre season game.
Scorers were Macheda with 2, Cleverly, Gibson, and Javier Hernandez with his first goal on his debut for his new club.

Fergie was delighted with Hernandez's performance and claimed that Macheda and Hernandez will not be going on loan in the new season, hence they will be backing up Rooney, Berbatov and Owen.
This means that Welbeck and Diouf will probably be going on loan.

Unfortunately, Obertan picked up an injury which could rule him out for the start of the season.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Non-starter on sun with comm shield, but still a satisfying victory over chelskis (bury ghosts from last season). Some heart stopping gasps by opposition in last stretch. :p

And what a debut by small pea bloke, even it was with some luck

jw5

Loyal
Both Hernandez and Berbatov played well when they came on in the second half to replace Owen and Rooney.
Welbeck is going out on loan to Sunderland, Diouf is out on loan to Blackburn.
Fergie has just purchased an unknown striker from Portugal.

Article from espnsoccernet.

Red Devils sign Portuguese striker Bebe
By Soccernet staff
August 11, 2010

Manchester United have confirmed the signing of Vitoria de Guimaraes striker Bebe, a relatively unknown 20-year-old from Portuguese football, for reported fee of £7.4 million.

Bebe, full name Tiago Manuel Dias Correia, has agreed personal terms and will become the eighth striker on the books at Old Trafford, subject to passing a medical.

The forward was recommended to United by Sir Alex Ferguson's former assistant Carlos Queiroz, now manager of the Portugal national team, and had also been closely linked with Jose Mourinho's Real Madrid.

The Guardian reports that Bebe was raised in an orphanage after spending part of his childhood on the streets and has represented Portugal in the homeless World Cup.

The 6'2" striker made a name for himself at Vitoria after joining from Estrela da Amadora and, despite his tender years, has a strong physical presence as well as technical aptitude, vision and good passing skills.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manchester United have confirmed the signing of Vitoria de Guimaraes striker Bebe, a relatively unknown 20-year-old from Portuguese football, for reported fee of £7.4 million.

I wonder why SAF wan to sign another striker. I thought an attacking midfield shld be our main priority? Scholes is really too old liao.
!&!!

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder why SAF wan to sign another striker. I thought an attacking midfield shld be our main priority? Scholes is really too old liao.
!&!!

Me thinks he is converting Rooney to AMC tats why he needs another striker.
Relying on Berbatov & Hernandez is not enough for the number of games MU have to play this season.
SAF wants to loan out Owen (injury prone and useless liao) and Macheda still green and inexperienced. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
!&!!
There were strong rumours that Fergie has been watching and trying to sign German star Mezut Ozil from Werder Bremen, but they seem to have died down, especially after the signing of Bebe.
If Ozil plays for Werder in their champions league qualifier against Sampdoria next Wed, then it's unlikely he will move to any of the big clubs this summer, as he will be cup tied.

jw5

Loyal
Me thinks he is converting Rooney to AMC tats why he needs another striker.
Relying on Berbatov & Hernandez is not enough for the number of games MU have to play this season.
SAF wants to loan out Owen (injury prone and useless liao) and Macheda still green and inexperienced. :biggrin:
AMC - That's Football Manager gametalk. :smile:
I don't think so, Rooney played his best when he was a striker last season and Fergie would want to keep him as a striker. He will play as a lone striker sometimes, and partnering Berbatov or Hernandez at other times.

Fergie has already loaned out Welbeck to Sunderland and Diouf to Blackburn, he won't send out Owen on loan. There's no point, he's past 30, and this is the last year of his contract. If he doesn't perform or gets injured again, Owen will just be released on a free at the end of the season.
Man Utd will have 6 first team strikers available - Rooney, Berbatov, Hernandez, Macheda, Owen and Bebe.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Premier League only begins when
Manchester United starts playing tonight.:biggrin:

img_10_36018_5611.gif

Don't worry, Manchester United sure win, Wayne Piew always say so. :biggrin:

Manchester United 4 Newcastle United 0

Should be a walk in the park for the Red Devils.
Newcastle, like WBA on Sat, isn't anywhere near Premier League standard.
Expect that newbie mexican chico Hernandez
to be one of the goal-scorers.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Full Time
Man United 3 - Hopeless Newcastle 0

What a way to start the season
unlike the comedy show on Sunday night
by pathetic Loserpool or ArseWipe.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Full Time
Man United 3 - Hopeless Newcastle 0

What a way to start the season
unlike the comedy show on Sunday night
by pathetic Loserpool or ArseWipe.

So glad to see you back alive. I thought the World Cup bookies killed you.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hmm... this Bebe quite big size, can run some more, go potential :smile:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/72zjoSuN-6w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/72zjoSuN-6w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

jw5

Loyal
Champions league draw latest:

Man Utd are in group C with Valencia, Rangers and Bursaspor of Turkey.
Luckily they sold David Villa to Barca and Silva to Man City. :smile:

Spurs are in group A with Inter, Werder Bremen and FC Twente.

Chelsea are in group F with Marseille (Drogba's former club), Spartak Moscow and MSK Zilina (Slovakia).

Arsenal are in group H with Shakhtar Donetsk (Eduardo's new club), Braga of Portugal and Partizan of Serbia.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Champions league Fixtures:

Tue 14 Sep Rangers(home)
Wed 29 Sep Valencia(away)
Wed 20 Oct Bursaspor(home)
Tue 2 Nov Bursaspor(away)
Wed 24 Nov Rangers(away)
Tue 7 Dec Valencia(home)

I can't see the Red Devils would have too many problems
qualifying from this soft group,
with some real soft punching bags like Rangers
and a Turkish side which i never heard of. Bursapor??
As long as Man Utd wins all 3 of our home games,
and get 1 win away from home,
they will home and dry for the last 16.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man United vs. West Ham
Saturday 28th August 2010
Old Trafford
12.30 am

Man Utd need to rack up their
goal differences in this match.