• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Today Online Absurd Reporting, Reveal Poor Standard

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fans will find de explanation goot enuff... non fans will jump ship to Andriod n neber look bk...Life goes on...:biggrin::biggrin:

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not about fans but Apreleasedpress released and also from Steve Jobs the software update is not about antenna fixed. Totally mis-information.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you read up de response frm all over...There r many who find de press release explanation "reasonable" as much as those who find de press absurd...Heated debate tat usually end up nowhere beside name calling...

Personally, i find it absurd too... In a lighter way... Ah Job say "Cellphone all lidat wat! Look at Samsung, HTC and blackberry...oso lidat wat! It's lidat 1." :rolleyes:

Tat de first part of de conference... n my jaw drop leow...:biggrin::biggrin:

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
You don't get it lah, Today says software update fix the antenna issue, Ah Jobs says software update DO NOT fix the antenna issue because there is no antenna issue

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No software update can fix a hardware fault unless you are tokin about transformer like half robot, half alive being with AI tat can carry out modification themselves...tat something we noe even b4 the press conference. For those who seriously believe a SW update can solve de problem...bless you....

To most end user, we are only interested in whether de reception is acceptable and in this case, it isn't. What next? recall? provide free casing? tat about de only choice apple have. Recall will be too costly but have to be done if apple admit it's an engineering fault at their end.

De only thing left to do is to deny any engineering defect but provide out of good will, a free casing if you are affected or even a full refund if you ain't happy.

Frankly...outcome of this press conference is highly predictable..

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes the sw update solve the below...

The company says the update to its operating system - iOS 4.0.1 - "improves the formula to determine how many bars of signal strength to display".

While the casing solve de "Hold de phone in a certain n u hav a reception drop" problem.

Nothing was mentioned bout de screen yellow banding problem.

I had read somewhere Apple Engineer actually warned Job about this reception problem 1 yr ago. But tat burger like it so much n decided 2 go ahead despite de warning...

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
It means the software update correct the signal graphical display not the grip of death issue which apple denies in yesterday's conference. Ah Jobs still use Blackberry bold as an example and today RIM CEO shoot on apple antenna issue liao. Even Nokia gives its comments but still Apple denies any issue.

Anyway my point is the leeporters @ Today online never do homework just shoot wrong info to its reader. I don't care about what Apple does.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Anyway my point is the leeporters @ Today online never do homework just shoot wrong info to its reader. I don't care about what Apple does.

Think they are not the only one with tat misleading heading...Look around de web and you see lots of site say "Apple SW update solve reception problem"...:biggrin::biggrin:

It will be interesting how Samsung, HTC and Blackberry react. May either rebuke it gently or start a round of "You dig my fault and i dig yours"...:p :p