• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Here's how you can benefit from Vivain's $390M YOG Budget

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - YOG part-time job under Certis Cisco</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>JingleGinger <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>6:05 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 7) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>36130.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>I heard from a friend recently he received a job offer for the coming YOG event under Certis Cisco from 31st july to 28th aug. I'm considering whether should i take up the job too as they need more manpower.
the job terms are as followed:
- job scope is basically security duties, crowd control, traffic control, x-ray screening for bags/items and people who are entering the vicinity.
- have to attend a compulsary 5days basic security course and an optional 5days x-ray screening course. upon completion of the FULL 10days course u will receive $100. anything less than that u wont be entitled.
- working hours up to 12hrs max.
- 2 shifts, 7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am, not compulsary a 12hrs shift
- $5/hr, anything more than 10hrs will have extra $40, meaning if u work 10hrs is $5x10hrs = $50+$40 extra = $90 for 10hrs. for 12hrs is $100 max. no OT counted.
- have to pay $16 from your own pocket for SIRD clearance. this should be paid by the company instead.
- roster, working hrs, working day/off are all planned by them. u only can tell them ur preferred shift and dates of working but no promise.
- not sure whether meals are provided. i doubt so
please give me some opinions on what u guys think about this part-time job? should i take up the offer too? is it a good deal?
Edited 7/15/2010 9:18 am ET by JingleGinger
Edited 7/15/2010 9:19 am ET by JingleGinger

<HR SIZE=1>Edited 7/15/2010 9:25 am ET by JingleGinger</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

gone4good

Alfrescian
Loyal
5/hrs? an hour!!!!

How can they pay so low. PAP knows how to pay themselves well to keep themselves corruption free so similar theory must apply when come to employing citizens to project good image as ambassadors to the games. They are representing singapore in another way and must also be paid world class hourly rate.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
CHEAP LABOUR and DANGEROUS TO HEALTH.

Long exposure to X-RAY causes CANCER.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

A Shankar

Alfrescian
Loyal
YOG need security guards?

They should get all the man power they need for Mindef. All the NS boys and reservist guys to work for free and reduce the budget.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think this is one of the reasons why the YOG budget ballooned three-fold. Apparently, Vivian B. originally budgeted that there'd be all-free volunteers. Hope he won't be chiding Singaporeans for lack of volunteerism spirit next.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this is one of the reasons why the YOG budget ballooned three-fold. .......

Not for this reason.

One of budget over-run in YOG is blowing their budget in buying show horses and flying them to Singapore, thereafter parked them in some horse-riding schools. This was leeported in today's State's Times. This I don't understand......why would a organiser buy show horses and keep them when such pets are only for rich and exclusive segment of people's enjoyment ? Does the poor send their kids to learn horse riding ?

The other many reasons are to sponsor foreign talents top participate in the YOG or to build their stadiums, according to some leeports, which is definitely not the State's Times in such cases.

That is why local's only get screwed by being paid such a miserable wage to 'support' the YOG. This is probably the ONLY item that is within original budget.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not for this reason.

One of budget over-run in YOG is blowing their budget in buying show horses and flying them to Singapore, thereafter parked them in some horse-riding schools. This was leeported in today's State's Times.

I wonder was this originally planned? If so they would have budgetted for it.

Seriously, to blow any project budget by more than 3 times is no laughing matter. I am really curious to what went wrong why and how.....

Sadly the common folk do not realise what the implication is. It means our tax money has been mismanaged. Imagine if your financial planner mismanaged your money. How would you react?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sadly the common folk do not realise what the implication is. It means our tax money has been mismanaged. Imagine if your financial planner mismanaged your money. How would you react?

More sadly, Law Minister K. Shanmugam insisted that taxpayers' money can't be used for public transport security.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
14 years ago.. i was working as a waiter after my studies. The pay then was also $5/hr.. but back then.. One marlboro hard pack was $5... now almost$13....

Best place in Asia to live..... Life is great...

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
14 years ago.. i was working as a waiter after my studies. The pay then was also $5/hr.. but back then.. One marlboro hard pack was $5... now almost$13....

Best place in Asia to live..... Life is great...

14 years ago a simple admin job during school vacation would net you $7 an hour too, with no CPF. And there was no such rubbish as multitasking.