• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Big difference among Australian cities?

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well point is I am glad someone has finally come out and said it. Sinkees believing something to be true when its not or no longer is an issue I feel strongly about.

Now look at Emigration. Australia used to be the best place to migrate due to low costs and plentiful opportunities in the 1970s-1990s but then the country became a very poor choice sometime around 2003. The quitters looking to go to Australia were shocked to find those costs had risen to the point where the big house and car were suddenly no longer cheap. Add in racism, high taxes, and the other issues no wonder the migration agents have been seeing so little migrants to Australia these days. The perception is slowly shifting that Australia is one of the worst choices for the Sinkee wishing to emigrate today. Instead they are actually returning from Australia which is something some Sinkees are becoming aware of.

Collective idiocy is interesting. Its the psychology of doing what is popular even when its not and its something virtually every Sinkee is guilty of.

]

Collective dumbasses you mean.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I find the "whites" treated people with equality then the "asians". Also one of the reason why I prefer going to the "white" guy then the "asian" dude.

From my 2 years observation here in Sydney, Asians excel in the following mainstream fields:
Health Science professionals including doctors,dentist, nurses;therapists etc; Accounting & Tax; Scientist/R&D,Education & Teaching;Financial Management;IT;banking. They are however, underpresented in Sales & Marketing, Media/adertising, Snr/executive management, corp strategy. This is no surprise and would be the same in America. Asians are usually academically more solid and their technical analysis and professional knowledge are better than the westerners; they also tend to make less mistakes in work(esp when it comes with dealing with money). However, they tend to lose out in communication & social skills;being assertive and expressive, image ('image is everything in the corporate world') and not working smart enough at times.

Its no surprised Sporeans aiming for snr management positions in OZ will fail miserably.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So you saying Malaysian are better at communicating skills?

Malaysians are better at communicating the right things. smooth talkers.
Eg
Talking about your IT sector: Fujitsu IT Consulting Australia Snr management used to have Malaysians.

Malaysians fatcats running hospitals in Perth & Adelaide

Resources/Commercial Properties/..... etc

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysians are better at communicating the right things. smooth talkers.
Eg
Talking about your IT sector: Fujitsu IT Consulting Australia Snr management used to have Malaysians.

Malaysians fatcats running hospitals in Perth & Adelaide

Resources/Commercial Properties/..... etc

I assume you are talking about Malaysian Chinese compared to Singaporean Chinese. If that is the case, I think it highlights the "crutch"/education environment back home. People here always bash the "elites" for having a fake accent, snobbish. The problem is the majority of Singaporean are not as articulate as them. Hence, they could get away with things like this.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far, Malaysians seems to fair better in snr management positions in OZ.

Rationale could be:-

1) Most of them are educated oversea ie. UK/OZ being the most popular.

2) They migrated young culturally they blended with the Oz system much earlier.

3) They have a bigger migrant population than Sg

4) Being not nurtured via the Sg PAP system they are better survivors.

Masterchef already produced 2 media-popular malaysian chinese, one even has her own cook show.

Also, Malaysian chinese girls in OZ are way hotter than Sg girls :-)

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which part and how??? I like it hot. Hot curry is best.

:oIo::oIo:

they are scattered all over, u got to find it mate. i met a couple through my own social circles(sadly all are attached). Look at Ling Yeow, last year's masterchef runner-up is a benchmark. Also, they are better than PRCs.

U

UpYoz_olo

they are scattered all over, u got to find it mate. i met a couple through my own social circles(sadly all are attached). Look at Ling Yeow, last year's masterchef runner-up is a benchmark. Also, they are better than PRCs.

One thing I noticed is those chinese matsians in western countries seem to have big boobs. Always a pleasure to see them bouncing up and down when they get about.

Not such a case for local cheebyes tho.

:oIo:

Dinkley

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I find the "whites" treated people with equality then the "asians". Also one of the reason why I prefer going to the "white" guy then the "asian" dude.
Actually I find that the whites treat everybody nicely so long you speak good English. Ironically, Asians despie their own kind and treat whites like kings.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I find that the whites treat everybody nicely so long you speak good English. Ironically, Asians despie their own kind and treat whites like kings.

that is a very general and absurd statement which reflect your lack of understanding about working and living in australia.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Whites are the same everywhere. They will be nice to you before murdering you as well.

In office gossips, they are so nice to their colleagues in front of them, then backstab them when they are out of view.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whites are the same everywhere. They will be nice to you before murdering you as well.

In office gossips, they are so nice to their colleagues in front of them, then backstab them when they are out of view.

I agree. Pommies are the worse, kiwis are slightly better, Aussies in between.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree. Pommies are the worse, kiwis are slightly better, Aussies in between.

Yes. The Poms are especially pea-brained. The ones from the establishment are downright nasty. The aristocrats are the worst lot, totally indecent, uncontrollable and spoilt.

They will resort to doing petty actions, playing the villains (小人).
Example of BP:The BP did such an awful photoshopping job doctoring the oil spill photos that they really insult the public!!!! This is definitely the work of Brits)
It is good to see BP cop it from the Americans. If it had happened in former colony Singapore, you will expect a totally different or indifferent reaction.

I have to give it to this Pom I know for making their kids pay rent the moment they graduate. These same kids has to work from young to earn their keeps, the Singaporean wife has to drive a banged up 1990s Hyundai Excel and he drives a late model BMW 5 series.

The trouble is Perth is full of Poms, which is why the restaurant trade here is underdeveloped.

Last edited:

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are sly, not far off from the ah nehs or PRCs, still have the colonial mentality. Thats why the the country never progressed and America is at the forefront. Oh well, a number of them have also left and went back to UK, after realising the living cost is almost equivalent and can't get the way around things they were used to back home.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my guess is the smaller cities are less competitive and lack of good talents. Most talents move to the bigger cities or overseas(us/europe) for better opportunities.

HR has draft another contract for this guy. He will be transferred another team for a $70-73k salary. Obviously, the company decided not to lose him.
I think he will take the offer.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing I noticed is those chinese matsians in western countries seem to have big boobs. Always a pleasure to see them bouncing up and down when they get about.

Not such a case for local cheebyes tho.

:oIo:

Oh yeah and the latinas too. They got giant gazangas, little waists and round big asses.

I like big butts and I cannot lie.....those other brothers cant deny......when a girl walks up with a round thing in your face you get sprung {Sir Mix a lot}

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh yeah and the latinas too. They got giant gazangas, little waists and round big asses.

I like big butts and I cannot lie.....those other brothers cant deny......when a girl walks up with a round thing in your face you get sprung {Sir Mix a lot}

That is why I do not understand why some people still go for SG girls!
You got good time in USA. Everything BIG. :biggrin:
How is your plane?