• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bizarre busts : US Border Patrol bizarre attempts at smuggling people and drugs

G

Ginchiyo Tachibana

man-in-a-seat_1654737i.jpg

In 2006, an image made headlines showing a man sewn into a car seat in an attempt to illegally cross the Mexican/U.S. border. Now U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) have shared images of some of their most bizarre busts in the war on the smuggling of people and drugs into America.

Figures from 1 October 2009 to April of this year show customs officers at the six crossings along the California/Mexico border have seized:

85,479 lbs of marijuana

4,180 lbs of cocaine

2,977 lbs of methamphetamine

400 lbs of heroin.

During the same period, they stopped 23,929 illegal immigrants from crossing into America

marijuana-pushchai_1654730i.jpg

A woman was arrested at the U.S.-Mexico border on Dec. 17, 2009, when federal officers staffing San Ysidro Port of Entry found a nine-pound stash of marijuana inside her daughter's pushchair.

two-people-in-engi_1654724i.jpg

Two people hidden in the engine compartment of a van

hooded-birds_1654743i.jpg

In April 2010, Border agents seized 17 fighting birds from a U.S. citizen who was trying to smuggle them across the San Ysidro border into Mexico. The man had encased the birds in nylon stockings to hide them and keep them quiet

G

Ginchiyo Tachibana

marijuana-in-hose_1654727i.jpg

The garden hose reels were in the back of a landscaper's truck, along with gardening tools. Marijuana was discovered hidden inside the reels.

two-people-in-car-_1654731i.jpg

Illegal immigrants found in compartments in the floor of a car

marijuana-surfboar_1654740i.jpg

In June 2009, a 30-year-old Mexican man was arrested while trying to smuggle 24 pounds of marijuana ashore on a surfboard in Imperial Beach.

woman-dashboard_1654742i.jpg

A woman was discovered hidden in the side panel of a car.

G

Ginchiyo Tachibana

drugs-taped-to-bod_1654734i.jpg

A 16-year-old boy was caught trying to smuggle drugs across the border by taping packets to his body

concrete-furniture_1654723i.jpg

Drugs hidden inside concrete garden furniture

drugs-lawnmower_1654738i.jpg

Drugs concealed in a lawn mower

drugs-motorbike_1654726i.jpg

Drugs found hidden under the seat of a motorcycle

G

Ginchiyo Tachibana

man-behind-back-se_1654733i.jpg

An illegal immigrant hidden behind the back seat of a car

marijuana-roll-pla_1654728i.jpg

Marijuana hidden inside a roll of plastic

marijuana-minivan_1654729i.jpg

Border Patrol agents arrested two Los Angeles women in June 2009 after finding 166 pounds of marijuana hidden in their minivan. The arrests happened when the women stopped at the Border Patrol checkpoint on westbound Interstate 8 east of Pine Valley. When agents searched the vehicle, they found dozens of bricks of marijuana hidden in storage compartments in the rear. Authorities estimated that the drugs had a street value of more than $100,000. The women were carrying two children in the Dodge Caravan.

drugs-in-shoes_1654732i.jpg

Drugs found hidden in the shoes of a 24-year-old man trying to cross the border in February 2010

heroin-diff_1654735i.jpg

Heroin hidden in the differential of a vehicle