• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FTrash Littering Peesai's Expressways? NEA Points Finger at LTA!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jun 21, 2010

Expressway litter pose danger

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
ONE cannot help but notice more debris on our expressways nowadays.
I have seen pails, safety cones, car parts, ground sheets, helmets - the list goes on. If left unchecked, these litter pose a danger to motorists.
I have given feedback to the National Environment Agency (NEA) several times but I always get the same reply: "Please tell us the exact location of the debris."
The debris is all around and I cannot possibly be calling the NEA each time I come across them. To make matters worse, an NEA officer told me the agency needs approval from the Land Transport Authority (LTA) to clean the expressways. There is just too much red tape. The NEA and LTA must find a more efficient way to tackle litter on our expressways.
Most of the debris come from open-back vehicles like pickups and even garbage trucks. Picking up these litter will not solve the problem because they will keep dropping out of these vehicles. What is needed is stricter enforcement to ensure that offenders are fined.
If pickups are not transporting anyone in the back, they should be covered to prevent litter from dropping out.
I drove to Kuala Lumpur about two weeks ago and I hardly saw litter on the North-South Highway. Is Malaysia doing something right that we do not know about?
Roger Oh

Cos Peesai's traffic poodles are SLEEPING?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No one trow rubbish in Malaysia NS highway. Because too dangerous.
1. Cars travelling very far average 130km/h.
2. Any rubbish will fly of.
3. Too dangerous to open window at high speed.
4. If any solid trash trow out might hit other window and crack.

Singapore different speed to slow convenient to throw anything. Many smoking in car/lorry with one hand on sterring wheel another on the side or mirror. If vehicle speed 120km/h sure the cigi fly of right. This never happen in matland highway.
I saw a lot of smoker throw the cigi butt with light still on. Very dangerous if catch fire how. TP should revoke license those smoke when driving.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it came off a vehicle owned by a private company, then it is the responsibility of the private sector. It is not the govt's responsibility.
It is not fair to ask taxpayers to pay for cleaning up litter fallen from the private sector companies.

This govt is responsible only for its Ministers' and families' properties and asets and funds.