• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FAPee: $60 to Produce 1 Small Plastic Woh!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jun 21, 2010

IC replacement fee covers production cost

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
WE REFER to Mr Ng Tuck Kay's Forum Online letter, "Why no free replacement of worn-out IC?" (last Thursday).
The identity card (IC) is a polycarbonate card that has been subjected to stringent tests for durability. Nonetheless, we are aware that a small number of cards may be damaged due to excessive wear and tear and/or the way they are kept.
The $60 fee for replacing a damaged IC is to recover the production cost, which includes manpower ($$$ ministers?), material, as well as other costs incurred in producing a new card. The fee has not been increased since the current polycarbonate IC was introduced in 1991.
Unlike the $60 replacement fee for damaged cards, the replacement fee for a lost IC is $100 for the first loss and $300 for the second and subsequent losses.
Chia Hui Keng (Ms)
Head, Public & Internal Communications
Corporate Communications Division
Immigration & Checkpoints Authority

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$60 is quite high.
Maybe should reduce to $25 same as driving license fro replcement. If lost different story $100/$200 is ok due to the person never take care of his own belonging.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ng Tuck Kay is another meek sinkie

If they don't charge you $60 for their card, how can they afford to hire so many people to process documents for new foreign talent entering sinkieland???

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prime+Minister,+Mr+Lee+Hsien+Loong+2.jpg

My foreign trash dogs will even pay $300....yes look at my fingers.....for what you called small plastic!

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
there's no law that makes it an offense to not carry that plastic identification with us. so, in order not to risk any wear & tear, seal in zip-lock bag, lock it in a safe at home. if mata on the streets ask for IC, just answer... never bring out. if mata ask, why never bring out... just answer. if wear & tear & need replacement... $60 u pay ah??

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prime+Minister,+Mr+Lee+Hsien+Loong+2.jpg

Cross my fingers! Hope that this $60 con job can conned for me another $60 millions in another 3 years time.

Hahahahahahaha!