• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buddha Tooth Relic Temple - scam?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Buddha Tooth Relic Temple - scam?</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>limpy lau peng (singaforever) <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Jun-15 7:28 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 21) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>34599.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>I want to state up front that I am a Buddhist but nevertheless I want to touch on this topic.
It is an understanding that the Buddha Tooth Relic found in this temple is probably not the real McCoy. The general comment given is that its too big for a human tooth. When the Abbot was asked to subject the relic to DNA test, he refused. He claimed that it was given to him by a Burmese monk (Myanmar again?) and he went on to build this temple around this 'relic' through a lot of very generous donations.
OK now to the most important part of my post. I understand that a lot of gold was donated to melt down (about a quarter ton of the precious metal), to make into a 'container' to house the relic. Why the need to use gold? Also very ritual, every prayer and every blessing conducted in this temple has a price and will be carried out once you have made payment at the front office. Don't beleive me, go see their website at http://www.btrts.org.sg/Index_Eng.html#
Lets make a comparison, it is not known but the Thai Buddhist Temple at Jalan Bukit Merah too has a Buddha relic and it is stored in a glass bottle with a magnifying glass for people to see it as it is very tiny. I have seen it myself. Cost of glass, probably $25.00. Magnifying glass about $12.00 if you base it on Popular bookshop price. Btw at the Thai temple, blessings are free.
My impression is that the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple in Chinatown is a scam, equivalent to the CHC and the NCC. I assure you there are a lot of fanatics in this BTRT organisation.
But don't take my word for it, go see for yourself.
Comments, please. I should like to hear from you but no pictures of bare-ass baboons.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the first place, if there is anyone who believe there is such a relic and can be real..

Must be themselves a relic too!:biggrin:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Relic - Items or objects belonging to a person who is deceased.

Why hold such objects/items with such reverence? Should just buried/cremate it along with the dead! Brings bad luck to keep it! Only morons worship such items and equate them with worshipping the deceased chap who is supposed to be holy when he was alive. If one fine day someone came out with a story that some strands of Buddha's pubic hair was found, I'm sure there'll be hordes of idiots rushing to pay homage to the cock hair and asking for blessings! :rolleyes:

xyhan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Relic - Items or objects belonging to a person who is deceased.

Why hold such objects/items with such reverence? Should just buried/cremate it along with the dead! Brings bad luck to keep it! Only morons worship such items and equate them with worshipping the deceased chap who is supposed to be holy when he was alive. If one fine day someone came out with a story that some strands of Buddha's pubic hair was found, I'm sure there'll be hordes of idiots rushing to pay homage to the cock hair and asking for blessings! :rolleyes:

Brother Balls2U,

RESPECT, RESPECT , RESPECT.. That's all I can say to you. You may not see the relevence but that does not mean you should say INSULTING and INSENSITIVE WORDS. It is deemed to be an INSULT to all Buddhist what you are implying in this post..

They are called DEVOTEES and NOT MORONS OR IDIOTS. He is LORD BUDDHA and NOT CALLED THAT CHAP.

Perhaps you should RECONSIDER your choice of words used.

Being a Free-Thinker , does not mean that you are Free to Insult... Please show some RESPECT.

No Offence.. Just my two cents worth.

Cheers.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
依法不依人。just following closely to the teachings of Buddha and you would be in safe hands.

依法不依人 ? then why monk must wear robe ? must be botak ? must chants ? must have temple ...just follow the book enough mah , dont need all that :wink:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
依法不依人 ? then why monk must wear robe ? must be botak ? must chants ? must have temple ...just follow the book enough mah , dont need all that :wink:

LOL if really follow the book quite siong in our modern society.

robe - are made of discarded clothes used to wrapped dead bodies in india. very hard to find in our modern society

temple - most that follow the buddha closely never stay in the same place for long, run around and sleep in the forest most of the time.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
LOL if really follow the book quite siong in our modern society.

robe - are made of discarded clothes used to wrapped dead bodies in india. very hard to find in our modern society

temple - most that follow the buddha closely never stay in the same place for long, run around and sleep in the forest most of the time.

nobody will be able to follow buddha teaching if they are living in a city . buddha teaching is insane and cruelity ... teach ppl not to enjoy their life and eat what you like , it teach ppl not to work for food but beg for food , they are not allow to wear their own clothes in their entire life , the teaching encourage you to cut all ties with your family and love ones ..if you are born without an arm or leg ...they will say its because you do bad deed in your previous life . thats an insult for those who are born handicap . take a look at tibet temple or thailand temple , their fucking shelter for their idol is make of gold but the ppl there are living in proverty life ...buddha teaching ? my ass !!! knn somemore want to teach about suffering ...follow the teaching of buddha is a suffering ..

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
nobody will be able to follow buddha teaching if they are living in a city . buddha teaching is insane and cruelity ... teach ppl not to enjoy their life and eat what you like , it teach ppl not to work for food but beg for food , they are not allow to wear their own clothes in their entire life , the teaching encourage you to cut all ties with your family and love ones ..if you are born without an arm or leg ...they will say its because you do bad deed in your previous life . thats an insult for those who are born handicap . take a look at tibet temple or thailand temple , their fucking shelter for their idol is make of gold but the ppl there are living in proverty life ...buddha teaching ? my ass !!! knn somemore want to teach about suffering ...follow the teaching of buddha is a suffering ..

i dunno where u got ur understanding of buddhism from pal, but its all screw up. then again i am too lazy to explain LOL

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GOD is a real mudder-farker............................

made Mary pregnant but made Joseph to bring up His Bastard kid......................

what will people say of Mary and Joseph........................

Aiyoh....................this God...................FARK lah..................