• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here !

Relako

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Anyone in this forum from the following primary schools ?

Birkhall Primary School,
Queenstown Primary School,
Hua Yi Primary School
Margaret Drive Primary School,
Kay Siang Primary School

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here

Looks like no one is from these Primary school.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here

We are not schooled...that is why we populate here...:biggrin: Leongsam Grammer School, anyone?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anyone from Swiss cottage here ah ?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

yah! what's up. from 1965-70.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lim Pei from Kim Seng. Same region (like GRC). What's up?

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lim peh mah si from Kim Seng ok.

Harlo Bro!!! Very difficult to come across someone from that school these days! We're a dying breed already! :biggrin:

STORMER

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm from QPS

Uncle2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Uncle2 from Huayi.... 1977

fredteo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi,
I was from Margaret Drive Primary School and graduated in the year 1965.
Fred

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Looks like no one is from these Primary school.

They're all low class neighborhood schools. Most are probably too ashamed to admit they were from those centres of stupidity.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi,

Birkhall Primary School,
Hua Yi Primary School
Kay Siang Primary School

Birkhall Pri Sch? Never heard of this sch. Located where, bro? Curious.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Harlo Bro!!! Very difficult to come across someone from that school these days! We're a dying breed already! :biggrin:

Kim Seng pai kia school, not surprised they shut it down.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Kim Seng pai kia school, not surprised they shut it down.

They did not shut it down due cause it was a pai kia school.
It produced some very fine Singaporean and they decided to merge it with RI to boast their grades.

fredteo

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was living just next to the three primary schools at Margaret Drive, separated just by a fence, in a 3-storey SIT flat where the "New Optometry And Ocular Care Center" now is. There were three primary schools then - Birkhall Primary School,
Strathmore Primary School and Queenstown Primary School. They all existed in the same school grounds, the first being Birkhall Primary School where the present Queenstown Primary School is, followed by the other two primary schools in tandem.
I was studying in Margaret Drive Primary School from 1959-1965, a school then for normal children but it was later demolished. On the same site a new building named Margaret Drive Special School was rebuilt for autistic children. Later it is renamed Rainbow Centre.
Hua Yi Primary School existed on the same grounds as Margaret Drive Primary School but was built much later. You can view the picture of both schools at http://pachome1.pacific.net.sg/~ylma/margaret.htm, Hua Yi Primary School on the left and Margaret Drive Primary School on the right in the picture labelled "Class Primary 2A". I must thank the person who has posted online these pictures of my primary school as I do not have any.:smile:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi,

Birkhall Primary School,
Hua Yi Primary School
Kay Siang Primary School

Margaret Drive School lah without the words Primary as there is no Margaret Drive Sec Sch.
Reporting to Mr Teo the headmaster ! :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

thanks for sharing a piece of history.....some of it coming back to me but still no recollection of Birkhall.

used to cycle along this road all the way to the mosque and exit from tanglin road....

somewhere in between the timeline......there was one Outram Institute. For Pre-U students. i remembered cause back then was running a mobile disco outfit and we did their first D & D for them......met a sweet girl a few years my junior that became my gf......all this was in the mid 80s.

Also remembered one notorious gunman (M16 andrew road murder) was ambushed in the flats near crescent girls school.

I was living just next to the three primary schools at Margaret Drive, separated just by a fence, in a 3-storey SIT flat where the "New Optometry And Ocular Care Center" now is. There were three primary schools then - Birkhall Primary School,
Strathmore Primary School and Queenstown Primary School. They all existed in the same school grounds, the first being Birkhall Primary School where the present Queenstown Primary School is, followed by the other two primary schools in tandem.
I was studying in Margaret Drive Primary School from 1959-1965, a school then for normal children but it was later demolished. On the same site a new building named Margaret Drive Special School was rebuilt for autistic children. Later it is renamed Rainbow Centre.
Hua Yi Primary School existed on the same grounds as Margaret Drive Primary School but was built much later. You can view the picture of both schools at http://pachome1.pacific.net.sg/~ylma/margaret.htm, Hua Yi Primary School on the left and Margaret Drive Primary School on the right in the picture labelled "Class Primary 2A". I must thank the person who has posted online these pictures of my primary school as I do not have any.:smile: