• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here !

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Queenstown Cinema Complex

Thanks for the photos Conqueror. I feel sad. Spent lots of time around the cinema area including NTUC, and community centre. Really sad to see the cinema like this. Anyway its in the late 70s la

I'm surprised the place not torn down yet like 大衆 and left to rot like this.
Wonder who is the owner.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
History Revisited

Thanks for the photos Conqueror. I feel sad. Spent lots of time around the cinema area including NTUC, and community centre. Really sad to see the cinema like this. Anyway its in the late 70s la

5328973221_cc23a1d15d.jpg

I like to record old SBC or TCS in my DVD recorder (in HDD). Why ? So that I can capture the old places, the dressing ... Fwah ! The infamous shoulder padded top and big hair (very fluffy). Hahahaha ! That's 80s. Can tell what they do back then.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Another KTV was Lorelei in Queensway.
Confirm we belong to the same age group.:biggrin:
Queensway shopping centre during that time, quite happening with 3 Gaming arcades. Biggest one is the top floor which has become a billard or pool shop. Second floor a smaller one and basement a mid-size one. Was there during sometime back in 2008/9 and surprisingly, the basement one still around, only that no more pai kias and smoking. Kids play games to collect long strips of tickets to exchange for prizes.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: History Revisited

I like to record old SBC or TCS in my DVD recorder (in HDD). Why ? So that I can capture the old places, the dressing ... Fwah ! The infamous shoulder padded top and big hair (very fluffy). Hahahaha ! That's 80s. Can tell what they do back then.
Hehehehe. I remember the second floor is gaming arcade!! Think has became a shop selling camping equipment or something like that.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Queensway shopping centre during that time, quite happening with 3 Gaming arcades. Biggest one is the top floor which has become a billard or pool shop. Second floor a smaller one and basement a mid-size one. Was there during sometime back in 2008/9 and surprisingly, the basement one still around, only that no more pai kias and smoking. Kids play games to collect long strips of tickets to exchange for prizes.

Used to hang out there in the early 70s. Bought soccer boots (Laplata super popular then) and all my jeans there. Havent been there for at least a decade.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Was the ntuc ever an emporium? I cannot remember liao.
Upstairs were many businesses come and go but I only remember the game arcade...this was before the arcade ban I think.
There was a bird shop at the opposite flats. And a few bookshops....back then many bookshops stationery shops around.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kekekeke yes the basement arcade below the maybank now. Always like to hop over to the alexandra hospital next door walk outside the mortuary.
Queensway was a maze only if you always go there then know the way around the different staircases (always stink of urine).
It was the only place opened on 2nd day CNY when the rest of the shopping centers were closed.
Always go there spend angpao money.

AudreyFang

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am totally blown away as a name like that would have stood out like a sore thumb. I wonder why we never heard of it.

There you go again, big-mouth scroobal. Making comments like you're a Mr. know-all. How irritating.

Go get yourself a job and make yourself productive !

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Relako said:
Hi,

Anyone in this forum from the following primary schools ?

Birkhall Primary School,
Queenstown Primary School,
Hua Yi Primary School
Margaret Drive Primary School,
Kay Siang Primary School

Kay Siang is no more. Changed to Ministry of Education which in turn had moved.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Wah Lan Eh! First time I heard of Birkhall Primary.

I stay that area 20 years during that time when the school was around I also never heard before.

Saw the map I sketched at post #23? I lived in 27A so everyday since 1971 I can see the 3 schools Birkhall, Q'town, Strathmore until Setron multistorey built and of course everyday walking to Margaret Drive Pri Sch I have to past by each one of them. Yes Q'town merged with Strathmore and final merged with Birkhall to finally become a huge Q'town Pri Sch.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I am totally blown away as a name like that would have stood out like a sore thumb. I wonder why we never heard of it.

Well like I said Birkhall often come up champion in brass band so if you are into band you would've heard of them before. The often practice on the school field and I must say their marching is really good and I guess they too invested quite a lot into the instruments cos those days most brass bands are like the ang-moh-lor-kor but Birkhall brass band is like those americans brass bands very lively and modern instruments.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

You damn good la Conqueror. Centre staircase going up to 2nd floor has 2 units right is often the arcade (first time played space invaders there) the left unit changed hands many times but bookshop I guess lasted the longest, was it Popular Bookshop I don't remember. Then it was also a big sports shop and I guess they too sold camping equipment.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Used to hang out there in the early 70s. Bought soccer boots (Laplata super popular then) and all my jeans there. Havent been there for at least a decade.
Hehehe. Confirm we different age group. Think me earliest was late 70s. Yes, can get many brands then, LOIS, Lee Cooper, Lumber Jack, Wrangler and many more. Sports shoes and casual shoes also a wide range. Remember a popular brand is I (HEART SHAPE)NY and kickers.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hehehe. Confirm we different age group. Think me earliest was late 70s. Yes, can get many brands then, LOIS, Lee Cooper, Lumber Jack, Wrangler and many more. Sports shoes and casual shoes also a wide range. Remember a popular brand is I (HEART SHAPE)NY and kickers.

Late 70s ? I guess you are from the 80s ? 80s is still a hazy image for me.