• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore is better than Australia and New Zealand.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok this i admit. But Australia's prices is still a lot higher than Singapore. 3 room hdb you can get for 100+k, not 300+k.

In Sg, you don't actually 'own' a flat, you basically 'lease' from the gov. Prove to me where can you still get a 100k+ flat? Perhaps in some ulu destrict infested with rats , roaches and dodgy neighbours?

Oh please, the african nations have rich natural resources but look what happened? Singapore has the world most open, one of the most inventive and competitive economy, that is all that matters. every modern country runs on economy not by drilling copper these days, though that helps slightly.
the growth rate for singapore economy this year is expected to be around 8-10%. you call that gradually recover? lol. highest growth rate in asia possibly!
the finiancial crisis hit singapore hard because singapore is a global country with the most globalised economy, hence it will obviously be affected. (but only 2-3% contraction overall, so much better than most european nations)

No natural resources mean Spore can only do well in the services industry. Apart from being a succesful banking hub, you and I know most other projects have failed (eg. Sports hub, Medical hub, Education hub etc.)Spore is very vulnerable from every angle if Europe or US is going down.

In Singapore, you don't need an armed ranger watching your back to feel safe

Perhaps thats why Policemen in Spore are all switch-off and jobs usually are taken up by the Malays?

50% of Mainland chinese cannot even speak Mandarin. If you can speak fluent mandarin, which many Singaporeans can, they are better off than these people already. 1/7 americans cannot even read a few lines of simple english. The educated Singaporeans do speak good English, better accent than the Broad/ General Australian for sure.

Haha, if 50% Mainland Chinese only speak dialects, then why do we need Spore - to teach them how to speak Mandarin? Singaporean got better accent - yea I reckon Sporean has the funniest accent and sure this is very entertaining to the listeners

Australia has many geylangs as well in states where prostituition are legalised. Dozen times more than singapore

Of course lo, western country what do you expect? This is the freedom of choice Australians have, but Singapore is perceived as a conservative Asian country leh, so how to promote itself as a sex hub huh?

Please stop living in denial.

Please stop deny Spore has yet to win any Nobel prize. Australia had 10. Shame shame Spore call itself technology advance but fact remains it has no groundbreaking technology breakthrough or innovation.

You don't even need to drive in SIngapore. public transport is that good.
Why is the street and highway still so jam in Spore? It is a very sad nation with drivers paying high price for a car but yet can't enjoy the ride and nowhere to drive to other than Malaysia.

No Australia lacks water stop living in denial. Australia is the driest continent. South Australia is already rationing water. Singapore has NEWwater and now is almost capable of supplying all her water needs. She is not renewing the water contract with Johor when it expires next year

I smell another failure project in Spore. NewWater will be NoWater in no time soon

Yeah right. There are many poisionous spiders that roam into your homes in the suburb or even city area. you don't even get bugs in singapore houses because they are so clean.
No la, each time I go back Spore to my parent flat I can see roaches running around in void deck and sometimes in kitchen. I got very scared. I collect spiders btw, you want to play with them?

Here's what someone living in Australia thinks about the funnel web spiders around her house (most dangerous spider in the world, one bite and your child can die of posioning)

How skilled do you have to be to work as a waiter etc? You pay 20aud/hr for a waiter in australia, while you pay 6 aud/hr for a waiter in singapore.
From what you said you could run a cafe business in Spore then. Its very sad, in Australia every contract worker owns a company and most of them are professional and have no labour required, all their expenses go to the company tax

Not really. If you have a good education/skill, you can easily find a good job in Singapore. can't say that for australia.
I reckon you meant good education/skill mean having a degree or postgraduate degree. Spore has heaps of Ah nehs / PRCs graduate with Masters and Phds from unknown university. I guess its easy for them to find a job as well. Poor Sporeans, got to compete with 3rd world educated people.

Last week, my company was hiring an engineer. We had 3 applicants. 1 from USA, 1 from Germany, 1 from Singapore, all almost similiary qualified.

In the end we went for the SIngapore one because he had better knowledge of his field.
You meant your firm hired him because he's way cheaper than the German and the American. So, the only way a Sporean can land a job if he's cheaper to hire (if skills and experience all else equal)

ha ha denial
Deny what? I live in both countries of course I know. The only crusine Australia lose out is of course Sporean food but everything else Australia has and they do it better

ha ha. australia has what? 100 f-18s? singapore has 100+ f15s and f16s and soon f35s. they would win the f-18s in a dogfight easily.
Quantity doesn't equate to Quality. Most Sporean solders are forced to serve militiary and once their 2 years is up, they go back to civilised world and throw all their military skills away(if they even had any). This is another sad fact about being a Sporean, they are forced to serve military, forced to deny university entrance , forced to compete with 3rd tier foreigners.

face the facts. australia's armed forces is severely understaffed and underfunded.
the fact remains Australian armed forces are sent to help Americans in war, whereas Sporean solders are sent to supply ration only.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those that have given up their SG passports. Sorry too bad. When you read the news next year that Singapore overtakes Japan as the wealthiest nation in Asia, just scowl.
:biggrin: Why scowl? Why want to be Lumber One. So many undiagnosed mental cases in Singapore.
In the new few decades, as you see Singapore become the Switzerland of Asia and Australians, Americans, Asians, Europeans immigrating to Singapore (they already are), just scowl.
:biggrin: Pettiness rules. Smallness rules. No human compassion. No dignity :biggrin:
Maybe Singapore will buy another Island in Europe or Asia and make it Singapore 2, commonwealth of Singapore.
:biggrin: Paid using your CPF :biggrin:
Oh yeah, that oily char kway teow and hokkien prawn noodle is still darn good! :biggrin: Sorry no Char Kway Teow in Australia. And it is a 1 hour drive just to get to the nearest macdonalds, library, dentist, hospital etc. oh yes, enjoy the lack of jobs, career options, water rationing, poisonous spiders, drinking from rain water tanks, 512kbps internet, drug addicts and pyschopaths roaming the streets as well!
Wow. Eat MacDonalds. Yucks!
You do not know what you are missing.

You really need to get some knowledge of Australia and NZ before trying to insult yourself and con us with our REAL experience with the countries concerned. Please go away and try that on your neighbours.

Last edited:

mayliewwan

Alfrescian
Loyal
From BBC News website regarding the Cheonan corvette incident. How come no Singapore experts invited to examine the hull since Singapore is technologically advance. Even more shocking,... technologically backward Australia had some experts on the panel that drew a conclusion that a North Korea torpedo sank the corvette. Experts were from US, UK, Canada, Sweden and Australia. South Korea suffering from pinkerton syndrome???

senatorabudelai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too bad Goh Keng Swee is not around to see the modern dinosaurs he created when he reformed Singapore Education System.

Of course Singapore is Lumber ONE. Everything is good there. No one will dare to say bad things. I really enjoy the Singapore air quality, the super efficient transport service.

But I decided to do some hobby farming today. It is more worthwhile to watch the plants grow than writing to jurassic-era trolls.

What is lumber one? Do you mean number one? Are you illiterate?

Lets see. It is 6pm after work, and all the shops and shopping centres in my city are closed. There are no cinemas, no nightlife, no nothing after 6pm; and I am too tired to drive over an hour plus just to reach some place that is still open. I surf the internet but have to watch every Megabytes I download because my internet connection is capped and the only recreation is watching football games.

I guess I would be at home doing farming as well :wink:

Last edited:

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has the second highest emigration rate in the world; second only
to Timor Leste. These emigrants don't know that Singapore is Lumbur One in many things.

senatorabudelai

Alfrescian
Loyal
to Timor Leste. These emigrants don't know that Singapore is Lumbur One in many things.

Where did you get those bullcrap information? From your dreams or some shoddy jealous person?

In the real world, Singapore has so many expatriates waiting to get in. 42% of people in Singapore right now are expatriates and Singapore is teeming to the brim with people wanting to get Singapore PR/Citizenship :wink:

If you meant Singapore is numero uno in terms of net migration into the country and is the most attractive country for migrants, then you are indeed right. See what gallup's survey findings show:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/124028/700-million-worldwide-desire-migrate-permanently.aspx

Across the countries surveyed, Singapore posts the highest positive PNMI of all countries and areas, with a net migration index value of +260%. This means that Singapore's adult population would increase from an estimated 3.6 million to as high as 13 million. The Democratic Republic of the Congo (Kinshasa) posts the highest negative PNMI, with a net migration index value of -60%, which means its adult population would decrease from an estimated 32 million to as low as 13 million.

Last edited:

senatorabudelai

Alfrescian
Loyal
:biggrin: Why scowl? Why want to be Lumber One. So many undiagnosed mental cases in Singapore.

Australian federal government speaks about the high rates of mental illnesses in Australia:

(source: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/mentalhealth/publishing.nsf/Content/10416BD24115D987CA25731E00123DEA/$File/MH%20stats%20factsheet%20April%2009.pdf )

The National Survey of Mental Health and Wellbeing 2007 found that one in five (20%) Australian adults experience mental illness in any year. One in four of these people experience more than one mental disorder. one in seven (14.4%) Australians had an anxiety disorder; one in twenty (6.2%) had an affective disorder; and one in twenty (5.1%) had a substance use disorder in a 12 month period. Almost half of the Australian population (45.5%) experience mental illness at some point in their lifetime :eek:

:biggrin: Pettiness rules. Smallness rules. No human compassion. No dignity :biggrin:

BBC: Indian man attacked and set alight in Melbourne This is Melbourne, one of Australia's biggest and most crowded cities, not some small town!

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8449731.stm

Syringes lying all around Australian man's house

http://www.inmycommunity.com.au/new...dent-finds-used-syringe-in-letterbox/7550491/

Riots, riots riots! In the biggest cities of Australia!

2005 Macquarie Fields riots, Cronulla riots. :rolleyes:

ABC news: Kevin Rudd's national apology to Stolen Generations. Australia Prime Minister, in 2008, finally admits his people had over centuries, abused and brutalised the aborigines, and says sorry.

http://www.news.com.au/national/pm-moves-to-heal-the-nation/story-e6frfkw9-1111115539560

People in glass houses....:biggrin:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Australian federal government speaks about the high rates of mental illnesses in Australia:

(source: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/mentalhealth/publishing.nsf/Content/10416BD24115D987CA25731E00123DEA/$File/MH%20stats%20factsheet%20April%2009.pdf )

The National Survey of Mental Health and Wellbeing 2007 found that one in five (20%) Australian adults experience mental illness in any year. One in four of these people experience more than one mental disorder. one in seven (14.4%) Australians had an anxiety disorder; one in twenty (6.2%) had an affective disorder; and one in twenty (5.1%) had a substance use disorder in a 12 month period. Almost half of the Australian population (45.5%) experience mental illness at some point in their lifetime :eek:

BBC: Indian man attacked and set alight in Melbourne This is Melbourne, one of Australia's biggest and most crowded cities, not some small town!

Syringes lying all around Australian man's house

Riots, riots riots! In the biggest cities of Australia!

ABC news: Kevin Rudd's national apology to Stolen Generations. Australia Prime Minister, in 2008, finally admits his people had over centuries, abused and brutalised the aborigines, and says sorry.

People in glass houses....:biggrin:

Well, Singapore do not dare to talk about this. The Singapore govt has no idea how to manage mental health.

But if you are in Australia, you will know that if mental health problems are so large, there will be a riot.
There are a lot more services here than in Singapore doing survey and improving the system.

In Australia, there is no problem discussing all matters. In Singapore, better shutup or you will be in trouble.

Glass house? Australia? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yeah. Bring out the crime news. How come Singapore dare not report all the O$P$ cases? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hey, if you use all these references in your thesis on why Singapore is better, you will not pass.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lets see. It is 6pm after work, and all the shops and shopping centres in my city are closed. There are no cinemas, no nightlife, no nothing after 6pm; and I am too tired to drive over an hour plus just to reach some place that is still open. I surf the internet but have to watch every Megabytes I download because my internet connection is capped and the only recreation is watching football games.

You are a loner? :eek:
Why don't you move closer to the city? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Why don't you move to the big cities like Sydney?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From BBC News website regarding the Cheonan corvette incident. How come no Singapore experts invited to examine the hull since Singapore is technologically advance. Even more shocking,... technologically backward Australia had some experts on the panel that drew a conclusion that a North Korea torpedo sank the corvette. Experts were from US, UK, Canada, Sweden and Australia. South Korea suffering from pinkerton syndrome???

Don't be funny.
Australian Naval Shipbuilding is world-class!!
Just visit the state-of-the-art Perth's Henderson facility, or even better, visit the Aussie-owned world-class shipyard in Alabama, USA where they are building award winning advanced navy combat vessels for Americans.

Australia is unlike Singapore where that govt has to blow trumpets to give the people hope in its white elephant hubs projects. The funny thing is that the many Singaporeans there actually believed the govt and became how-lian.

Last edited:

senatorabudelai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, Singapore do not dare to talk about this. The Singapore govt has no idea how to manage mental health.

World Health Organisation: Singapore's healthcare rank 6th in world. Australia, 38th. You were saying who doesn't know how to manage mental health? :biggrin:

http://www.who.int/healthinfo/paper30.pdf

In Australia, there is no problem discussing all matters. In Singapore, better shutup or you will be in trouble.

Corruption perception index: Singapore 3rd. Australia 8th.
Openess of economy: Singapore 1st. Australia 8th.

Telegraph: The US government has voiced concerned over Australia's controversial plan to implement a countrywide internet filter.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...concerns-over-Australias-internet-filter.html

Australia is unlike Singapore where that govt has to blow trumpets

Consumed by your hatred, haste and envy, you did not manage to think.

All the reports and rankings of Singapore were done by independent reputable external agencies, world bank, world health organisation, etc.

With all your nonsensical arguments without any sources or facts, you are just grasping at straws and frothing from the mouth like a drug damaged idiot now. With such a warped view of the world, I really wonder if you have any friends or any real job.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haha u must be still living in the stone age. U are talking about Australia 20 years ago. Even suburbs in NSW, supermarkets like coles ot worthwools open till 10pm or in some areas 12midnite. There's also heaps of cafes and Asian restaurants open till late at nite. There's also pubs and dance clubs for those party animals. If not, stay at home and watch the American dramas, the variety is much better than Singapore and is uncensored :-)

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal

I received quite a few private MSG from fellow sporeans inquire about migration to OZ, their interest level is still all time high.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
15 SOLID REASONS WHY SINGAPORE IS BETTER THAN AUSTRALAR.

1. Australia cost of living is very high. Daily products and houses are expensive.

2. China's booming. Singapore's economy is sky rocketing. Singapore is well placed to ride the China and India boom. Singapore's GDP per capita (nominal) is expected to overtake Japan this year. Becoming the highest per capita GDP in Asia amongst all non oil countries! (Note UAE and Qatar will always have higher GDP than Singapore because they depend on their oil. They don't have a free market system like Singapore)

3. Singapore has an exciting future. ASEAN might become another CARICOM or MERCUSR, your Singapore passport can allow u to work and live freely in other ASEAN countries. Growth in Singapore is so tremendrous. Asia is booming. Singapore will ride China's and India's wave because SG speak their languages.

3. Singapore is much safer, less corrupted and has more convenient amentities (library, food court, everything just 15mins away) than Australia. You can walk down any streets in Singapore and feel safe anytime everytime. Can you do that in Australia?

4. Singapore offers a better place to bring up kids. Billingual education. Chinese is the language of the future. In Singapore, your kids will learn Chinese. Jim Rogers once said "if you were smart in 1800, you lived in London; if you were smart in 1900, you lived in New York.; Now if u were smart in 2010, you live in Asia". The billionaire moved to Singapore. And he is not alone, Gong Li, Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Co Co Lee etc all want to move to Singapore.

Singapore has no drug problem. Australia has a serious drug problem. 40% used drugs before. ( http://www.aihw.gov.au/publications/...a04/sdua04.pdf ) That is just disgusting.

5. Alot of people talk about the less stressful lifestyle in Australia. But in Singapore, if you just be a bit creative, you can easily get a nice house in JB, Malaysia or Indonesia and enjoy the less stressful lifestyle there as well every weekend or day. Plus the cost of things are so cheap.

6. In Australia, technology is so backwards. 80 SGD can get you a 100mbps internet line. In Australia, it gets you a CAPPED 120GB 5mbps internet line. And how much is the activation fee? 400 sgd!

Same goes for public transport, infrastructure, business etc. Singapore is much better.

7. Australia has water problems. South Australia is rationing water. Small towns only have rain water tanks. Yucks, do you dare to drink rainwater? :eek:

8. Australia has lots of dangerous animals. Jellyfish that kill , most dangerous snakes, most dangerous spiders, all found in Australia.

"Funnel-webs are probably one of the three most dangerous spiders in the world and are regarded by some to be the most dangerous."

Here's what someone living in Australia thinks about the funnel web spiders around her house (most dangerous spider in the world, one bite and your child can die of posioning)

"Because......we get them in the house constantly, and since they are NOT afraid of people, you can step on one and get bit quite easily.
I'd say here in the house, because of my living situation, I see prolly a funnel web once a month now in winter and last summer I saw them once a week, crawling near my bed quite often, and yes they hide in shoes...so when u have to get up to pee in the middle of the night...given they really can kill you...and talk about having a baby here in a few months...it's the only scary thing here, really."

:rolleyes:

9. In Singapore, you can hire an expatriate maid to help you do your family chores. You can't do that in Australia.

10. Running a business in Australia is exhorbitantly expensive. You pay 20AUD/hr just for a waiter. Plumbers cost hundreds of dollars.

In Singapore, unskilled labour is cheap. Very good place to run a business.

11. In Singapore, there are much much more jobs and career options than Australia. If you live in a small Australian town, there are no jobs for you. Even their biggest cities like Sydney etc cannot compare to 1/4 of Singapore's career choices. Singapore has more than 100 banks! Lots of career choices from Banking, healtcare, etc.

12. Food. Food is Singapore is much cheaper and better than Australia. 1.50 AUD for 12 eggs! 1.5AUD for big packet of soya bean milk! 2.50-3 AUD can get you a decent meal of Wantan noodles, Char Kway Teow, Mixed vege rice etc. In Aus, it cannot even get you a drink!

Chinese, British, American, Indian, Turkish, all kinds of cusine cuisine can be found in Singapore!! In Aus, it is 90% the usual Australian food.

13. Military defence. Australia has a very run down armed forces. only 50k soldiers. Their strategy is basically to wait for America's help. Indonesia has 500k. Singapore has 400k.

14. Singapore's property prices will skyrocket in a few decades. 20 years ago, 3 room HDB flats cost 60k SGD. Now they cost 200k SGD.

15. Singapore's CPF! you will have money for old age, housing! The employer puts in 12% as well dont forget!

Ok that is all. Bye bye.

Dont talk cock lah!

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
50% of Mainland chinese cannot even speak Mandarin. If you can speak fluent mandarin, which many Singaporeans can, they are better off than these people already. 1/7 americans cannot even read a few lines of simple english. The educated Singaporeans do speak good English, better accent than the Broad/ General Australian for sure.

你妈的屄,新加坡中文这么好你干吗不用中文。新加坡这个鸡不拉屎鸟不生蛋的地方,那能更澳大利亚比. 你知道这里有多少华人吗?你知华文在这有多少人在讲?比大多的新加坡都讲的好。连澳大利亚的总理,陆克文,讲的普通话都比李显龙好,还带着北方呛呢。别在这乱拉屎,你乖乖的回家去肏你妈的臭屄。:mad::mad::mad:

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where did you get those bullcrap information? From your dreams or some shoddy jealous person?

In the real world, Singapore has so many expatriates waiting to get in. 42% of people in Singapore right now are expatriates and Singapore is teeming to the brim with people wanting to get Singapore PR/Citizenship :wink:

If you meant Singapore is numero uno in terms of net migration into the country and is the most attractive country for migrants, then you are indeed right. See what gallup's survey findings show:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/124028/700-million-worldwide-desire-migrate-permanently.aspx

Across the countries surveyed, Singapore posts the highest positive PNMI of all countries and areas, with a net migration index value of +260%. This means that Singapore's adult population would increase from an estimated 3.6 million to as high as 13 million. The Democratic Republic of the Congo (Kinshasa) posts the highest negative PNMI, with a net migration index value of -60%, which means its adult population would decrease from an estimated 32 million to as low as 13 million.

Ignorance is blissful.

http://www.littlespeck.com/content/people/CTrendsPeople-080906.htm

"In fact, one survey has placed Singapore’s outflow at 26.11 migrants per 1,000 citizens – the second highest in the world. Only Timor Leste (51.07) fares worse."

http://thestar.com.my/columnists/st...nsightdownsouth/20418042&sec=insightdownsouth

http://kentridgecommon.com/?p=2544

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
http://www.littlespeck.com/content/people/CTrendsPeople-080906.htm

"In fact, one survey has placed Singapore’s outflow at 26.11 migrants per 1,000 citizens – the second highest in the world. Only Timor Leste (51.07) fares worse."
http://kentridgecommon.com/?p=2544

Where on earth did those figures come from??:confused:

I have checked numerous sources of net migration rate figures and all of them show Singapore in very good light.

See for yourself : https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2112rank.html