• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GREAT FREE MOVIE about EARTH, our HOME - http://www.home-2009.com/us/index.html

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.home-2009.com/us/index.html

Maybe some of you have already seen this movie;

quote from wikipedia;

Home is a 2009 documentary by Yann Arthus-Bertrand. The film is almost entirely composed of aerial shots of various places on Earth. It shows the diversity of life on Earth and how humanity is threatening the ecological balance of the planet. The movie was released simultaneously on June 5, 2009 in cinemas across the globe, on DVD, Blu-ray, television, and on YouTube. Opening in 181 countries, the film broke the world record for the largest film release in history.[1] The film was financed by PPR, a French multinational holding company specializing in retail shops and luxury brands, as part of their PR strategy.[2][3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_(2009_film)

It's worth all your time to see the damage mankind have on our environment...

From this movie, I understood that why in this short 100 years, MANKIND could speed up in it's technological advancement, population boom, etc...

We are all living on SOLAR ENERGY.

When we use non-renewable energy sources such as OIL/Petroleum, we are using millions of years of stored solar energy (via decomposing plants/matter).

These non-renewable energy is the KEY REASON why human beings could advance so fast.

... explore this movie, and understand that mankind could be killing ourselves, due to our insatiable desire for OIL.

We are part of this planet, and from dust we came from, and to dust we go...:cool:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=59194

I find that the above thread have relevance to this thread.

From my view points;

Our EARTH is being siphoned off it's resources.

And since EARTH resources is suppose to be FREE in the first place, free for all, the above thread will give you an eye opener on why it's not free anymore.

It's all about POWER, POLITICS, ECONOMIC DOMINANCE, FINANCIAL CONTROL.

See the movie, and read the articles in the above thread about Petro-Dollars, and everything will piece together.

Privpho

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly. Since when have humans been existing on Earth for Earth's benefit? We have always and shall continue existing for our own benefit.

It is the natural right of every living species to propagate and spread inasmuch as they can possibly do so. We humans have managed to overcome so many natural and technological obstacles to dominate the planet as we do today, and you are advocating we put limits on our growth? That's tantamount to betrayal of the species.

Let humanity flourish. Even if the resources are exhausted, we will find another way to propagate. Survival of the fittest. If we can't, we die off and that is rightly justified since we failed to survive. Just don't go imposing limits on ourselves. Would you impose limits on how much 'wealth' your family can amass for the 'benefit of society'? Just to propose an example closer to home and more understandable. Now take that and maximise 'family' to the 'human species'!

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let humanity flourish. Even if the resources are exhausted, we will find another way to propagate. Survival of the fittest. If we can't, we die off and that is rightly justified since we failed to survive. Just don't go imposing limits on ourselves. Would you impose limits on how much 'wealth' your family can amass for the 'benefit of society'? Just to propose an example closer to home and more understandable. Now take that and maximise 'family' to the 'human species'!

Humanity is flourishing, at the expense of the Earth's resources...

The only way I can think of to propagate, and to increase on homo-sapiens population growth (which happens to be exponential), is to develop the following technology;

1. renewable energy supply // low cost // green (hopefully 0 carbon emissions)

2. whereas possible, to consider using WATER (H2O) as fuel

With this type of technology (which actually do exist, but is being suppressed due to Petrol-Dollars), cost of energy reduces close to 0, cost of producing food reduces dramatically, cost of transportation reduces dramatically as well.

Knowing that it's burning of fossil fuels and bio-fuels that causes CO2 emissions, when there exist a renewable energy source that do not emit CO2 (or at least reduced substantially), Earth can sustain more life.

With these kind of renewable energy technology, space travel for extended periods of time (100s of years perhaps a few generations) would be possible. As the universe is made up of more than 70% hydrogen atom. Abudance of H2O in ICE exist throughout the universe.

I do like the idea of Humanity flourishing... however, it's not me that is setting a limit here... it's a covert financial operation that is in place that is limiting everything right now...

Do take a look at the movie and also reference it with the financial aspect of petrol-dollars, and everything will make perfect sense.

Then, please do come back to this thread, and let me know your views about my suggestions, would be happy to hear.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for the movie link.

I have only some simple questions...

Can we stop an erupting Volcano?
Can we stop Earthquake?

Men did nothing to the birth of earth.
Men can do nothing to what she will become.

I agree we screw up along the way, we may accelerate the destruction of our own species.

But don't believe the illusion that we can make any big difference in the way nature renew itself.

jw5

Loyal
Exactly. Since when have humans been existing on Earth for Earth's benefit? We have always and shall continue existing for our own benefit.

It is the natural right of every living species to propagate and spread inasmuch as they can possibly do so. We humans have managed to overcome so many natural and technological obstacles to dominate the planet as we do today, and you are advocating we put limits on our growth? That's tantamount to betrayal of the species.

The human race should be allowed to die off.
The human race is causing more trouble for the environmental, other living organisms and one another, than it's worthwhile to keep it going.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can we stop an erupting Volcano?
Can we stop Earthquake?

Men did nothing to the birth of earth.
Men can do nothing to what she will become.

I agree we screw up along the way, we may accelerate the destruction of our own species.

But don't believe the illusion that we can make any big difference in the way nature renew itself.

The answers for your questions;

No, we can't stop an erupting Volcano (but there are technologies that can CAUSE eruption, if they are near fault-lines)

No, we can't stop an earthquake, however, there are technologies that can CAUSE earthquake, if the location is at a fault-line.

I believe that the power of one person is powerful than anyone can think.

If you think about it... great things / destruction were formulated from one person...

Don't have to look far... think about LKY and his ambitions, think about Hitler, think about Japan Emperor & his generals (during WWII)...

It all started from one...

and Think about Nikola Tesla, the Father of AC power transmission, and father of Electro-magnetic Theory.... and also the father of Wireless Power Transmission...

If not for Nikola Tesla, there would be only selected places have DC power only, today. Transmission of 3 phase power through long distances were made possible by one man...

and also, not forgetting Einstein who came up with E = MC^2 that help created the Nuclear age...

Every great change requires one.

It starts from you.