• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My company retrenced 159 people today

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - My company retrenced 159 people today </TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>LauZoeTay <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>12:40 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 4) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>32867.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Im really gonna breakdown... Lost so many colleagues & smoking kakis today....

They were given 10mins to pack & leave.....

Details: Japanese company at Tuas

http://talkback.stomp.com.sg/forums/showthread.php?t=102639
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot> </TD><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

CCB! I've been asking to get retrenched all these while but the Mgmt just would not let me go. Bastards!

Tell your freinds that they ate the lucky ones. Later ones may not even get paid anything. Just thrown out the door.

The smart ones will slack off all the way from now on.

The ones with the retrneceh benefits laugh to the bank and start a new job in 3 months although slightly lower pay.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's happened not only to private sector, but also in HDB. When HDB corporatised out into Surbana, those who left HDB got severance packages and at the same time cross the road to work in the new office. Giess who was the Minister then?

Some of your retrenched friends may be laughing their way to the bank if they get 1 month pay for every year they work. Imagine they worked for 10 years ... and landed with another job the next day ....

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
So if I were you, I'll conduct first article quality inspection first, then pimp her out to kakis and frens before dropping her off in Geylang to collect 'rent'.

It may be true,i not sure but one thing they very "gian" singapore males,especially those who came here to study and at the same time, want to look for boyfriend.

For me,no such thing except last month, there was this ang pai, very pretty, disturb me by making "make love" sound.

The last time I was driving this student back to her hostel, she emphasize on showing me her fair skin legs,dun misunderstand,she was wearing bermudas, she just shove her legs towards me and from her looks and body language,i think she wanted me to ask me for her phone number...ha...lol:wink: That time I was slimmer and just drove for less than a year.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If such retrenchment is true, expect Lim Swee Say to come out and wayang again by using "bombastic" words.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
my company also doing it but they do not call it retrenced.
they call it re-organisation and re-align to new strategy & market's needs.
before that they tried a lot of methods and plans to get staff to resign on their own,this will save the company a lot of money - increment,allowances,bonuses and retrenchment benefits if there is/are any.
they do it,by re-assigning those staff to working sites far away from their home,asking them to report to a new supervisor instead of them leading the group/team. and also i heard,they just do not assign them,any work/task/job,just let them sit around and do nothing.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Companies do have a slew of dirty tricks to get you to leave. One way is to make life so unbearable which has been mentioned. Another way is to set you up to fail - by assigning you to some tasks they know is too tough and big for you and they give you a too tight deadline, and dont give you resources. As they expected, you failed to accomplish the task, so they cite poor performance as reason.

Here is where a good house union shld help you, but you know in Singapore, the whole damned union is in cahoots with the govt and the employers, they are more cosy with yr bosses than with you, so you are regarded as a troublemaker.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was reminded of an incident I recalled from the late 90s and it happened in the defunct SCS,now under NCS. A bunch of old guards supporting the old guard boss were politicking a new bird who worked harder than them(happen to know him) and younger than them, that they took the matter to Ho Ching. In the end,both big shots left SCS. In companies like GLCs and statboards,never offend old guards. I failed to realise this and was why my career was a flop. Put it simply, if any of you have the opportunity to work abroad,go for it and those who want to come back,please think again or may end up like me "gong gong" come back to Sinkieland and get myself fucked!

Last edited:

busdriver111

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am really out of touch ....

You mean the chenghu is now giving out taxi vocational licences to foreigners? Shit liow lah like that.....