• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

who do some ppl still want to vote for pap?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is in reference to the television interview gms had with those 3 ppl from talking point? I apologise as i have already forgotten the details but that's not the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is about forummers here giving pointers on how to act on tv to sway voters. I was thinking so what if an oppo candidate isn't eloquent with his words or appears nervouse?

Isn't it apparent enough for the ordinary voter to see how the country has changed. Joblessness, increasing fares, taxes, over crowding, all sorts of foreign rift raft and it just goes on and on and on and on and on and on. All this is experienced by any ordinary sinkee. Yet the oppo still needs to practice his oratory skills like it's some secondary school debating championship where the audience are the judges instead of the fact that they are electing ppl whom will govern them and the very country they live in.

It has reached the point where if it's a pap candidate vs a monkey choosing the monkey would be the better choice. Hey at least the monkey won't be getting sky high salary. You could insult the damn monkey and it wouldn't be offended and it sure as hell looks cuter on tv or in the press compared to a pappy.

I am sure there are voters out there whom would be attending these oppo and pap rallies and focusing on unimportant factors like oppo candidate looks nervous, fumbles on his words, cannot speak hokkien or chinese that well etc etc absolutely unimportant factors rather than focusing on the real issues.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A lot of people have forgotten that the FAPee TRAITORS donch do it alone. In fact, they do nothing apart from sitting there kiao kar, shake legs and issuing out broad orders. The executing and implementation is done by their kar kias. Thus the most important thing that political leaders must have is integrity i.e. if they are genuinely interested in public service or in fleecing the people they are supposed to serve.

It's has been proven beyond all doubt by now that the FAPee TRAITORS are well, truly TRAITORS.

Do you still want such BASTARDS to continue to stay in power to drive you into extinction as they seek only to grow their own already obscene ill-gotten wealth and perpetuate their power forever?

Or do you think that if you could, you would bring them to JUSTICE right away and support anybody who has the heart and courage to take them on?

Your answer?

jw5

Loyal
Some people vote for the pappies because there is some benefit for them.
Some people vote for the pappies because they fear certain reprecussions (preceived or real) if they don't.
Some people vote for the pappies because they really believe they are doing a good job.
Some people vote for the pappies because they have been persuaded that if they don't, Singapore will collapse, which is of course nonsense.
Some people vote for the pappies because they are part of their big elite group.
Some people vote for the pappies because they are plain ignorant and/or stupid.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure you are right that people shld focus on the important things. But sadly, nobody can see your sincere heart, your capabilities, your earnestness, etc. by themselves. They just dont scream out loudly to people looking at you.

If you can't express yourself or convey what you can contribute clearly, how do you expect others to know what you do/can do/will do? It's much like a job interview: you know you are good and can fit the job reqs, but you must convince the interviewers that you have what it takes.

I am sure there are voters out there whom would be attending these oppo and pap rallies and focusing on unimportant factors like oppo candidate looks nervous, fumbles on his words, cannot speak hokkien or chinese that well etc etc absolutely unimportant factors rather than focusing on the real issues.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here are my thinking, why some people still vote for PAP.

1. Some of them are not affected by job losses, due to global economic climate. (especially those in the downsizing service / firing service)

2. Some of them are already bosses, and have funding from Government.

3. Some of them believe that a Strong Singular Political Party constitutes to balance of political power in a given country.

4. The Older Generation (currently in their 50s and above), as they did see the change of Singapore from a small city grown into a Metropolis in a span of 30 years till now... (total of 55 years of nation building)

5. Trust and Faith in Lee Kuan Yew's Visionary Thinking

Truly, Singapore is one of the best place on earth to live in.

It does not have water shortages, electricity shortages, food shortages.

It's global infrastructure is world class, and even China is following Singapore's political and economic models.

Unless there is a political party that is much stronger, and have a better vision, then people will be persuaded easier to the stronger alternative party.

Think for yourself, because no one will, if you don't you'll live on someone else's thinking.:cool:

jw5

Loyal
Having lived in other countries as well, I actually like living in Singapore.
What I dislike is the condesceding and arrogant manner some of the pappies speak to ordinary singaporeans.
Nothing that a few votes going the opposition parties' way can't solve. :smile:

UseYourBrain

Alfrescian
Loyal
They did not actually vote for PAP. With frustration n anger they put a BIG X on PAP Logo to show they despise PAP. They use X to show displeasure bcos that was how the teacher taught them , X means wrong

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has reached the point where if it's a pap candidate vs a monkey choosing the monkey would be the better choice. Hey at least the monkey won't be getting sky high salary. You could insult the damn monkey and it wouldn't be offended and it sure as hell looks cuter on tv or in the press compared to a pappy.

Ahahahaha. It is with precisely this kind of thinking we find lots of monkeys in opposition camps today. Some thick-skinned onces even entertain us right here in Sammyboy regularly with circus acts and are egged on by the PAP IB to provide even more antics.

Vote for the monkey if you must but remember you will still need pay it 200,000 bananas annually. :biggrin:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some people vote for the pappies because there is some benefit for them.
Some people vote for the pappies because they fear certain reprecussions (preceived or real) if they don't.
Some people vote for the pappies because they really believe they are doing a good job.
Some people vote for the pappies because they have been persuaded that if they don't, Singapore will collapse, which is of course nonsense.
Some people vote for the pappies because they are part of their big elite group.
Some people vote for the pappies because they are plain ignorant and/or stupid.

I will vote for PAP if I want Singaporeans to die. Fortunately I do not have the heart to do that to my kind and hardworking fellow citizens. The last few years have seen people jumping track. jumping pigeon holes, jumping into the sea and NS men died mysteriosly. What more does PAPpy want as if mass killing the people is still not enough?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You ask a hardcore PAP supporter, he will tell you that he can't understand why some ppl keep on voting for oppositions.

Privpho

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the opposition gets voted in, the army will get called in. Now I don't think we'll want that do we. :biggrin: